My first set up and little one

The way @kapouic is saying is how it works outdoors… for me from July 25 - Aug 15 the later date they are in flower and 100% seeable…

2 Likes

I think i’m going to go with gradual, i’m indoors. I’m excited! i hope those bovida things i signed up for come in time for when my plants are done. I know i’m getting ahead of myself but… i’m super excited!

2 Likes

The biggest question for indoor is, Do you have enough head room above the plants for a gradual time change ? Because remember the little amount of normal growth, plus the flowering stretch if you are going gradually.

Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Good point @docdre… the stretch when the sun does it gradually is quite a large degree of it…

5 Likes

@docdre and @Ladithief I’m indoors, in a tent… So maybe right away 12/12 would be better I’m guessing.

6 Likes

That’s what I’ve been doing and I never had any problems! :nerd_face: :wink:

4 Likes

Ok will do! thank you so much!

4 Likes

No problems! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

That’s what I do when I force plants… don’t have time to care…

4 Likes

WOW! it’s been 2 days of 12/12 and my big girl already grew so much! Pictures to come later!

4 Likes

Hi @TrashPanda. I grow indoors and I’ve always gone straight to 12/12. It just works better to flip your plants to flower that way. A gradual decrease later in flower to follow the natural light change can be very beneficial. Hope this helps.

6 Likes

Thank you so much! didn’t know about the decrease later, i’ll do that!

2 Likes

So as you guys know i went into flowering and holy… cow! She is huge! i have yet to take pictures bc… well… bc lazy. Soon though! I also took 5 clones, so we’ll see what happens there. Hope everyone is awesome!

2 Likes

Picture time! I will def be being a lot more LST next grow and hopefully by then have another light… if I’m lucky. Sigh.

7 Likes

Oh Yeah! They are coming along great… Bravo, great job for your first time… Way better than I ever did on my first try :nerd_face:

Just make sure they don’t come too close to the light…
You could raise the light a little or if you are confident, you could try a bit of supercropping to lower the canopy a little bit… :thinking:

Here’s some reading, if you feel like it! :

6 Likes

And if you want to help your buds fattening up, you can try to tuck away the leaves that are blocking light to bud sites…
Some of us just take them out, others prefer to tuck the leaves out of the way… either/or… if your buds get more light, they tend to get fatter and denser… :nerd_face:
And you might want to look out for the humidity in your tent. Lots of leaves = more humidity and sometimes bud rot if not under control…
If you have a good airflow going, it shouldn’t be a problem. But that’s something to watch out for and it’s not obvious when it’s your first grow… that’s why I mentioned it…
I may be totally wrong, ( but I doubt it) and the others will tell you if I am.
I rather look a fool and potentially help you out than not say anything and ruin your hard work. :crazy_face:
All I’m saying is : Be careful with the humidity at that stage…

P.S. : I may have smoked too much this morning… NOT!!! :rofl:

6 Likes

I seem to have the humidity under control but soon i might be worried about the heat because there is no AC in that room. Hopefully may stays cooler i guess?

5 Likes

oh oh and as for the light, yeah i’m gonna bring it up tonight and do some plucking i think.

…i just smoked so typing is impossible… my god.

5 Likes

So i finally have a little bit of money to spend to update some things for my grow, i’m excited. The first thing i’m looking to buy is a light! LED, anything 1000 and above (or higher if that’s what you guys think i should do?) I’d like to be able to do 4 plants at a time so i’m thinking either 1 big light or 2 small/medium ones. Keeping the one i have now for vegging so now i’m looking for a new lighting system for a second tent. Anything you guys really like out there?

4 Likes

If you want good quality vs price, I like the Mars Hydro 1000. If you want quality at all cost : HLG…

Maybe @oldguy and @scotty17 have suggestions?

6 Likes