My fist auto gone rogue. She went hermi on me

I will be honest. I always take about 1/4 off the plant at once. And yeah. my Blue dreams could handle every thing but a small pot. Almost every thing I have grown have been autos. Only a few photos. I was super surprised to see this happen. Normally. I have found autos can deal with any thing I throw at them. I am definitely not easy on them and do most of what every one says you shouldn’t do. I figure there is only one way to learn :grin: This has taught me that even if they are females. I need to keep a closer eye on them, rather than just what the leaves are telling me. This may prove to be my hardest lesson so far

3 Likes

Run a heppa filter on your air in to minimize pollen /mold / bugs

3 Likes

Hey guys I went hard in the paint. … lol I was defoiliate the autos hard. I have yet to receive a hermi . I thought I had a problem with one auto. Redpoisonxbloodyskunkauto. But I am a careful and overzealous with the sexing. If I don’t like the way it looks then I bring it outdoor to see if I was right. It’s better be safe than dick farm. Lol excuse my french.

4 Likes

I wanted to get back here and say thank you for all the help. @Bogleg, your tip to backbud these probably saved this grow :grin: I did 2 tops. Then the next day took all of them off. it was only today when looking at pictures of this girl that I saw a few others of the tops I removed had little Bananas.
Right now. This girl is putting on weigh nicely. Some of her branches are starting to fall over from the weight :grin: I keep checking this and the Pineapple that is in the tent with her each day with a magnifying glass. So far. All is looking good. @sponge, all though I have never had an issue with taking a lot of leaves at once. You had me re look at things. I have now cut it down to 10 leaves in a day. On my caramelicios auto. I was taking close to 2 shoe boxes of leaves a day for a while. They were growing back almost as fast as I could cut them off. Thanks for the reminder to slow down a bit. @missiles is always reminding me to be patient. :grin: I am a good one for hitting the ground running :neutral_face:
@hoppiefrog, I had thought of looking into that at one time. I just have no way to make it work. I have two 2x4 tents venting into my 4x8. And there are no holes in the bottom of the tents to run a filter into. I have t leave the vent flaps open on it. If I change back to my 4x4 and 4x8 in this room next grow. I could do that. Thanks :+1:
So, thanks again for all the advise here :grin:

3 Likes

I see where I rate…

4 Likes

@dbrn32, My brain does not always work like I would like to too :anguished:

3 Likes

Just giving you hard time buddy

3 Likes

Just potted my first serious autoflowers I have tons of experience with photoperiods any tips??? I started em in there finishing pots 5 gal fabric pots and plan on bowl training and keeping stress down I’m running 2 cherry bomb by bomb seeds and 1 afghan kush cant remember breeder on that 1 but yeah hoping for some insight from someone more familiar with autos

4 Likes

Hi there :grin: What kind of medium are you using? What lighting do you run?

3 Likes

There in my 8x4 2x315 phantom cmh 1x150w led for supplemental that’s 150w from the wall and I run promix bx advanced nutrients ph perfect with humbolts golden tree prob keep it at that for these

3 Likes

Sounds like your off a great start! Do you plan on starting a journal for the autos? If you do I could always tag in our Auto Growers the help out if needed. I’ve grown both autos and photos.

4 Likes

Absolutely I’m still learning this forum and all how to run my account haha but yeah I am I love this place already only been a few weeks some very smart very knowledgable ppl ready and willing to help

5 Likes

I can definitely help you get a journal started that’s no problem. If you’d like me to I can send you a p.m. and we can see how you want to set it up

3 Likes

Yeah definitely I appreciate the help

4 Likes

One thing I have found with autos is. if you want to keep them some what short. use a lot of light in veg. if you want taller plants. less light. I veg at 50w to get the stretch to fill a scrog quicker. One thing I would recommend. if you are going to top. wait till you are around the 4th week. When you see she is ready to grow. that is when I top. There has never been any slow down in the growth. I haven’t grow either of those strains. If you start a journal, tag me in if you would please. @screwauger and @sdgreene are a ew more great auto growers. I am still feeling out who is in here that I know.
@dbrn32, I would expect nothing less. or I would think some thing was up :grin:

5 Likes

Who am I forgetting @missiles? Wait why am I asking lil mis half her brain :laughing::rofl: wait, that’s me rn @mrcrabs

4 Likes

Lol I’m even worse today it was a long night :laughing:

5 Likes

Nice photos and plant, gratz with the result. :kissing_cat:
By the way, can someone confirm is using a dehumidifier affects positively on the growing process? If yes, which types of weed prefer it? I found a good selection of it and thinking to get one

2 Likes

Wow, it’s been awhile since you’ve asked this question. I do find it a very positive tool at the end of my grow, during flower I want my humidity below 40% and with a tent full of plants with buds, even I, who lives in a desert like state, need a dehumidifier.

Sorry your question hadn’t previously been answered.

1 Like