🌱 My Green Girls Journal: LED/DWC/LST/MobyDick/photoperiods

:seedling: :seedling:What’s up!? QUICK update on my Green Girls. (Also put 4 g13 seeds in the ground, update below) All levels are adequate, only complaint is trying to keep temperature above 75 degrees Fahrenheit during these cold times. One day away from the start of week 7 Veg. Just did a massive defoliation of mostly fan leaves and a couple of wispy shoots towards the bottom. Tying them down with cable which is SUPER easy working, I highly recommend it unless someone has negative experience using it. 18-6 light schedule, trying to go 10-12 weeks Veg to maximize yield. Let me know if there are any downsides to waiting so long with Veg trying to SuperCrop. My goal is 1/2 Lb per Lady!

Clones and Temp set up until more tents arrive; PPM around 450 for the seedlings and clones, three clones of Moby Dick (one of them super short haha) and three seeds in the ground of g13 and the one seedling above ground is the other g13 (started a couple days ago)

What’s up!? :seedling:
Just did another massive defoliation, only a couple days after doing one.
Ph is good around 6.5, temp and humidity fine, PPM is around 1250ish.
I know this looks drastic but wait a couple days

Also be careful trimming when you have your hand behind a plant holding her, you can definitely snip your fingers…

Happy growing!

10 Likes

@jayluzwick, howdy and thanks for sharing your grow. I am sure those thirsty ladies will look good in full in a few weeks. But why you defoliating so frequently? I prefer doing it only a couple times during the lifecycle as I think it stresses the plant out. Damn right about being careful with sharp objects. Keep safe and happy growing.

5 Likes

Awesome work bro. Sometimes stress can be good and I think you doing a great job.

4 Likes

Thanks! @chrisj :facepunch:t3:

1 Like

24 hours later from above, my other two g13’s have breached the surface of the Grodan rock wool cube.

My pH was super off, not enough acidity, this was the 4th day in a row it was greenish purple. Pops gave me the idea of taking out the water stones to see if that makes a difference, so I did, and I made a little stand thingy for the hoses to stay put. I will check the pH tomorrow and hopefully it holds.

I Was too high on my PPM levels so I took water out and added fresh water. I promise I didn’t plan for the number shown on the meter!
Ha, I was just aiming for around 450ish…
Grow Happy! :seedling:

5 Likes

Thank you @Budstone & @grillman65 for inspiring me to move my stuff to this Journal

2 Likes

Nice! Grow with confidence :grin:

3 Likes

48 hours after last defoliation, picture at the bottom is the progress of the G 13 seedling in the root structure; All levels are adequate.
Grow happy!

6 Likes

Quick update; PPM, temp, and pH levels are adequate. Approaching week 8 of Veg in a couple of days. 4 days ago I did a major defoliation, I’m looking for top producing colas only, no larf. I believe I will start flowering after 8 weeks of Veg. I will install trellis net then.

I’ll keep you posted.
Grow happy. :seedling:

5 Likes

Middle of week 8 Veg. Girls have been drinking a lot of water! Since last defoliation I’ve just tried to the shoots clean of “Larf”.
I will switch to flower in a couple of days; I was going to wait and go another month in veg, but I’m worried about root space in my reservoir, So I’m gonna go ahead and flip them. All my levels are good, pH around 6.0 PPM around 1200, temperature 75°F ish. Average canopy height of 22 to 23 inches. My light is about 25 inches from the top of the canopy. I’ll keep you all posted, grow happy!

4 Likes

Wow how are plants doing in 6.o ph. Usually dwc hydro is 5.8 ph mine yellowed when it would get 6.0 or higher

2 Likes

It’s a constant battle; these have done well between 5.5 and 6.5 and have not seen too much fluctuation in color.

2 Likes

Sweet sweet. Looks pretty nice and clean. Nice job.

2 Likes

Thank you! @Mark0427 trying to check them twice a day.

1 Like

Hello my fellow greenies! Today is the middle of week two flower. Another 6-8 weeks and we will see if the extra month I held them in Veg pays off with a bountiful harvest! Average height of canopy is 25 inches; All levels are in check, temp, PPM, pH, humidity. Also have my first layer of trellis put on to help level out my canopy, second layer will come towards the last week, maybe sooner. I’ll keep you posted! Grow Happy! :seedling:

5 Likes

Your plants are looking great! Do you have any plans for defoliating?

2 Likes

Oh yes sir, it’s a common practice with these girls. I’ll show updates when I defoliate next!

2 Likes

Cool! Yesterday was day 22 after flipping for us and I stripped these two ladies.

20210102 Week 3 strip

3 Likes

Wow look at a that! And I see you left some fan leaves towards the bottom, that’s quite the defoliation. Looking good!

2 Likes

These are the before pictures; week 2 of flower, just before defoliation. Below are the after pictures. @OlyBoy

6 Likes