My plant are outside and it’s getting cold

When is it too cold outside for my plants and should I cover them at night time

How cold is it?

Last night it was in the upper 40’s I have one plant that started budding after all the other ones I have the buds are smalll with all white hairs I don’t know how it’s going to last cause it’s not even close to being done I will post some pictures tonight I live in Ohio

You probably need to bring it in at night as long as your temps are warm during the day time if not I’d get an indoor grow light and finish it in the house

1 Like

1 Like

I started them inside under an LED when I put them outside the sun shocked them, now I’m worried if I bring them back inside it will shock them and I can’t have that happen because they’re in their final stage should I get aN hps to put them underI don’t trust the LEDs it’s just like a different light to me

1 Like

I think the metal halide’s in the HPS Are closer to the sun then the LEDs. But I don’t know

What I’m getting at is that I need to get a light that is similar to what they are getting outside right now

What kind of led do you have ? How many watts and brand

That’s the thing it’s an HLG 100 to small for those now

I think this guy needs your hps mouse lol.

1 Like

Definitely not

Obviously I’m new at this I’ll probably just bring them in at night

For now I think that’s your best option my suggestion would be to move your grow indoors with a tent set up not to expensive and they sell full kits tent fans etc. And stay away from hps especially on one or 2 plants get yourself a decent 1000 watt led Mars hydro are good or spider farms they have them on Amazon at a good price hope all grows well and pls keep us posted on your progress

Yes if you can bring inside. I would do that as last resort

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Kronkite

1 Like

Stay away from those blurple LEDs @dantheman. You don’t want lights that have fans built into it. I’m a big fan of Marshydro lights. They are fanless lights that have their ballasts mounted on top. They are affordable and very bright. All of the T series lights kick ass! But I have the SP3000 and it’s so bright with a great spectrum of diodes that I feel is very close to the real sun. Good luck on the rest of your grow my friend!
:v:

1 Like

@dantheman when taking plants from indoor to outdoor you need to harden them buy leaving them in shaded sun or dappled sunlight for a week then full sun in hourly increments. Going outdoor indoor wont shock them like doing what you did will. The sun i crazy bright and uv radiation the plants will not like it at first. Like taking someone from a cave to outside in the sun for the 1st time.

2 Likes

Here is a chart showing the sun’s impact @5’6" was the height to get the best results from the test results I was watching and I saw the difference between the light I’m using and the sun I was not to happy, but what I have works for my needs

that’s the best advice I would agree with… im sure anything is doable no matter the light… but in plants… everything always always has to be in small increments. even from clone, to veg to flower to the end of flower… nutrient lights and temps! always slow, cannbis plants adapt quickly… but they do get shocked…