My Summer's Grow

This was Wednseday night before I put her in the dark

and this was this morning after 36 hours of darkness -

its hard to see but the autopot gals in the big tent with UV stretched about 2 inches the other tent somewhat less but nice and healthy start.
I haven’t defoliated at all - I am wanting to give BudBusterPro all the time it needs to fully absorb and release the goodness :slight_smile:
I gave them a Bloom microbe tea to help transition and I will start flower nutes gradually.
Very happy with this grow so far.

10 Likes

I can’t believe it but the female praying mantis that I believe left the eggsack very close to our house on a tree branch came back and is still alive. It’s supposed to die weeks ago. I’m very happy that she didn’t die yet but she looks very weak.

7 Likes

Well, it’s obvious that she thrived while living with your plants. I love that she left you some babies. By the way, I love your 'birdie" video and wondered if I could share it with my friends. It has a very special meaning for me.

4 Likes

Thank you - and yes of course you can share the youtube video - I made that when I was promoting my app several years ago - Enjoy…:slight_smile:

4 Likes

thank you so much :green_heart: :bird:

4 Likes

2 days ago, the female returned and hung around our bedroom sliding glass door screen - She hung upside down facing our room all night long.

Yesterday - I watched her climb up and down the screen - I think she was looking for food, but insects are very scarce right now and she is weak - I helped her move across the bench by moving things out of her way.

I stayed with her for hours - just observing and helping if required.

I took these pictures as she made her way to the end of the bench - I went inside to do some work and when I returned she was nowhere to be found - I suspect she is in the ferns that she mated on during the summer.

I feel very blessed that she returned and that I had another chance to say good luck and good bye… I became very emotional as I integrated our experience

12 Likes

Looking beautiful ravenchief!

4 Likes

Thank you @sdoyle - as I developed a relationship with her this season, I find that she is the most beautiful creature I have ever seen. I hope that I can experience her babies next spring… and the grow is going great too haha

5 Likes

This girl is full of surprises. She just emerged and is still very much alive she’s on the bench and she thought that pebble or something to eat. I looked it up and saw that they love honey. I happen to have a lot of organic honey and so I gave her some and she liked it. She’s restfully lapping it up.

I sense that her time is in the air but I thought that quite a

She laid her eggsack the middle of September she should’ve died two weeks later but that’s when I found her hanging on the bedroom window screen and I put her out so she could be in a better place and now it’s November 9 and she still here. And I am happy to see her.

And now she has some energy to explore

12 Likes

This is my favorite thread right now! You took such great pictures of this girl. I totally believe there is a small bonding going on here. Maybe more than small. These creatures … amazing … thank you for sharing.

9 Likes

I do feel the connection and it swells my heart. I am so happy to share it. :pray:

8 Likes

Just for you :blush:

She is amazing.

7 Likes

:seedling: :green_heart: Thank you so much :green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Want me to ship you some crickets???

4 Likes

Ha ha thank you so much for the offer. I haven’t seen her yet today so she may be gone but I thought that before too I will let you know :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well this morning she surprised me again she’s on the hunt I’m hoping she gets it to give her a little more time

I decided that she needed the food more than I needed to let her catch it. So with tweezers I got it and offered it to her and she’s very happy I’m sorry little guy but the queen is very grateful for your sacrifice

14 Likes

Nom nom nom… lol

8 Likes

A quick update on downstairs everyone is a week since flip
In big tent I added some 4 ft bamboo stakes
As the stretch looks like it may need them

In the small tent

I will have an update on my little friend later.

10 Likes

Yes beautiful plants… Okay get back to the queen. You need a live cam. Ill sit and watch it all day. Haha. Awesome pics.

6 Likes

Thank you @boozer
I could watch (and HAVE watched) for hours on end - sometimes she moves very slowly but other times i am amazed at her athletic abilities -

I know she is well past her time here on earth - I think she may have passed in the night.
She may be in a state of hibernation until it warms but I sense something more permanent. Here she is just this morning

10 Likes