My Summer's Grow

Well tonight is 2 weeks since putting the big tent in the dark. Gentle stretch - and power is now at 100% they will get their final BBP application

The small tent will be going into 36 hours of dark and flipping tonight. After a BBP application
Canopy is evening.

the clones are doing great
0e90e05257085e36d22e74a2fdfebe27a34abc3f_2_666x500

I think that I will need to make another box as time goes on - in 2 weeks I do no believe they will fit in their current space :slight_smile: mid-may is a long way away…
Thanks for looking Happy Sunday!

10 Likes

another favorite time in the growing cycle is about 2 weeks after putting the tent into a bloom light schedule - the budsites start to truly form with buttons - the progression is accelerated at this stage and the flowers develop so beautifully - I am completely in awe every time I see it.

12 Likes

I love seeing the buttons pop out also!

8 Likes

Well, I am taking full advantage of using my upcoming 70th birthday as an excuse to justify and expand my garden - I am not quite sure exactly how it will take shape but the pieces are starting to come together -

I can’t really get another tent yet but -
I bought 3 more coco mats, and more large plant trays (low storage bins)
along the way I found a real buy and thought I would share it in case anyone else is in the market and this fits their needs and budget.

as far as lights
I wanted something different than I have, with expanded IR and reds

This was a $350 light last year they have a newer model that has wifi so this is a clearance sale - they also offer the 300w version for another $100.

SALE Priced: FGI Square 2 220w LED Grow Light 2x2 4000k + 660nm + 730nm Diodes & Dims

• 30%OFFSQUARE (-$ 56.70) 1 $ 189.00
    with FREE SHIPPING USA - Total price $132.30

I wanted something that was dimmable and that I could use for my clones and vegging summer seedlings - so I was not looking for super powerful - 220 w is plenty and this is design appeals to me -
After using it this summer I plan to put in the small tent and use it as a center light with 2 HLG 288s on either side - It will replace an older cob light that has about the same output in wattage - I hope that someone can find this useful -its a really good deal and I have a hard time turning down good deals :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I just saw that GroveBags posted an article regarding curing in their bags - I read it - there is some good information about the technology and why curing is better in these bags than other methods but still sketchy on the process - here they put the key on the dry which they give as a .45 in measurement of the stem - and once you attain that level you can seal the bag for your cure time.

The Small tent came out of the dark and into the bloom cycle yesterday with a really nice start. This tent will never be an even canopy because 3 of the 4 gals were either mutants or stunted out of the gate and although all are about the same age - the difference in their growth is obvious.-

4a606f12b27f39525de96dc503911fe2c9d8d374_2_375x500

I am using this grow to experiment with the scrog nets and I like them -

and the big tent didn’t seem to need a net to even out the canopy during the bloom stretch - I credit the method of topping that I applied this run and learned from a friend.

I only topped all plants once - a deep cut to the main cola after 6-8 nodes to below the lateral branches height - and fim the lateral branches -
The result is an even canopy with really good spacing - I only did the same topping to the big girl in the small tent but you can see the difference it made.

My clones have already outgrown the big box I moved them to a week ago - My other coco mats come tomorrow so Friday I hope to set up the second area and have some room for them… Thanks for looking.

12 Likes

The second clone area is ready and I moved the 3 largest girls - there is no way these girls will stay small unless I take ore cuttings and if I take more cuttings there must be more clones :slight_smile:

Much better coverage of the others - I do have that FGI Square coming and extra coco mats so I am prepared to house some more -

and then there are those lateral branches that come off - I just put them on a window sill and water and see what happens

if roots and revegges, then I shall give her a life - I can’t turn away a gal that wants to live and give me more medicine :slight_smile: Thanks for looking.

9 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one with a growing problem… edit: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

edit: my girlfriend always reminds me to add “lol” in texts and e-mails because my sense of humor is sometimes (mostly) too dry.

5 Likes

Yes I have a very serious problem and I believe it’s terminal. :rofl::ok_hand::+1::vulcan_salute::pray:

6 Likes

Gud Morning everyone -
its raining again outside, but inside its Kauai

Today is almost 3 weeks since flipping the big tent and almost 1 week for the small tent -
My growing style has always tended towards the full and natural - I just want to help the plant to express the beauty inside without too much interference from me - Like growing outside - however, I see the benefits when growing indoors to some different treatments of foliage so I am experimenting with this aspect and trying to strike a balance between untouched and tailored, similar to my approach on media (I blend coco/promix/soil/additives) and synthetic nutrients - I like a balanced feed program of organic-living media and synthetic to achieve the best result for me.

The scene from the stationary camera. I had to move her up :blush:

Its not right for everyone, but this run is telling me I am close to achieving the right mix…
Thank you for looking and hoping your weekend is fantastic!

10 Likes

This morning at lights on.

It looks like I am withing stricking range

okay girls you can stop stretching now haha
Thanks for looking

9 Likes

My new light just arrived ! - what a great buy -
I wanted a 200-300wlight to replace the cob light which is the middle light in my small tent - I found this deal from FGI (Forever Green Indoors) on their site - they recently upgraded their models to wiFi and last year’s models are on deep discount - I got the Square 2 which last year was going for $350 for $132 delivered. - I decided that since I can’t hang the light in the small tent until harvest in 2 months I would use this light for the clones I am preparing to go outside this summer.
the problem was I do not have any more room so I had to come up with something for the month plus -
After many different configurations and mental masturbations I came up with a plan - I would combine the 2 trays with coco mats and put them under the new light - I did not have any way to hang the light and although I invented multiple platforms and overhangs I decided to clean off my office desk (which is glass) and put the trays under it. Low and behold, miracles of miracles it fit and works haha

I will fiddle with it later and I will be topping them again as well
The light has expanded reds and IR as well as 220true w with a dimmer - I have it at 60w now.

its not a perfect solution but it is a good temporary one and I can make it work
there’s even room for me to up-pot them to 1 gallons as needed.

and as I was moving things around – look what I found - I started 3 autos a couple of weeks ago- I had this idea to put them in a corner of one of the tents and let them grow under 12/12 in one gallons all their life - well there isn’t an inch in either tent and 2 of the seeds didn’t make it but this gal is doing fine on the coco mat - I will up-pot her and let her grow outside

she is an ILGM Northern Lights Auto
I am so glad when something comes together in a good way :slight_smile:
Hope your day is fantastic - and I hope ALL your days are that way too…

11 Likes

Well - one of my favorite times of day is when I go downstairs first thing in the morning after the lights are on - This is the time of their lives that things happen dramatically and quickly and so beautifully. All the buttons are fattening up and filling in the stretch is slowing (Thank God!@) and

I have my happy nose in gorilla breath x cereal milk and I was surprised at the intensity of the fragrances at this early stage.
The terps are getting LOUD - really Loud for 3 weeks into flower .

this is going to get really interesting -

I have my bamboo sticks ready :slight_smile:
Thank you for stopping by,

13 Likes

Buttons are buttoning, fattening and filling-in - its an exciting time in my tents :slight_smile:
Here are 3 different breeders - but everyone is about the same level of maturity

First up is Spanish Moon from Lovin in her eyes - she is an honor plant for my beloved Aunt Cookie.

Next up is Tahiti Lime x Biker OG from Fishermanseeds / Clonefam

And here is Pure Breeding’s New England Cotton Candy Rock Candy

The small tent is 2 weeks behind in flower but coming up nicely.

Thanks for looking -

10 Likes

Always impressive chief…:+1:t3::v:t3:

7 Likes

@happilyretired

thank you so much Happy - this is the real fun part (heck they all are, but this one smells the best haha)

6 Likes

The grove bags are awesome. I still like my 1 gallon jars. But @bullfrog420 uses the large bin liners to cure in. I like to do a quick 3-5 day dry at 25-30 RH. Then i snip the buds of the stems into jars then my humidity packs and they always cure nicely! If there to wet still ill snip the buds off the stems into a cardboard box lined with parchment paper.

4 Likes

Do you have a bunch of red light going in there or is that the actual color of those leaves?

4 Likes

My main light do have extended reds and IR but the leaves on Spanish moon are colorful and the photo is close to what I see in natural light. I use a flash to even the red and blues out of the photo for the most part.

I’ve been using them for 2 and a half years and the stuff I stored in them from 2 years ago is still fresh and sticky - I love them and just got more for this harvest and cure :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hmm i may test some. When i do long term storing ill freeze it or vacuum seal the bag with a moisture pack inside.

3 Likes

Are those tester seeds?

I’ve been using grove bags for about a year now and I really like them. I took some of my best flowers from my outdoor last year and sealed them up as soon as they hit between 60 and 62% humidity. I opened one the other day and it did not disappoint. I sealed it in November. It was at 60% and the terpene taste and smell is killer. I’m going to open my candy store next. I’m excited about that one. :+1:t3:

5 Likes