My Summer's Grow

Thank you so much @wayno - I am really happy with this grow so far - I am hoping our hurricane season is less windy here - :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Im sure that’s right ! You have some Large ladies there to stand up to a hurricane !

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about. I just love outdoor. Yours there’s mine, all of it. The plants get bigger and are just spectacular. It’s very apparent you enjoy this just as much as me. :+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:

6 Likes

oh wow! they look phenomenal!

5 Likes

Thank you so much @happilyretired and @OlyBoy
I very much enjoy my garden AND appreciating your’s and other’s - I learn so much here and another forum I belong to -
Outdoors is the BEST - I wish I could do it all year long but I live in Connecticut and that’s not possible - There is NOTHING like the Sun, the rain, the wind and the earth for a plant to fully express herself in the most beautiful of ways…
I am buttoning down the hatches as we might get an early hurricane this weekend and high winds are not my friend…:slight_smile:

8 Likes

@cdogg Here’s another journal of an outdoor Grower you might want to check out.

5 Likes

This is the latest tracking and we are right smack dab in the middle of the red blob over Long Island and Connecticut

I am standing in the west and facing east and blowing as hard as I can to move this storm to the east and out to sea - that’s my prayer
But just in case…
Alice Nicole is the only photo that I never topped so she gets to be tied in the mid-stem

everyone else is tied as best they could = I put metal stakes through most of the bags and into the ground so there should be some resistance

The smaller plants I will move under the gazebo where they are sheltered from the winds -

Thank you for your kind thoughts - I better get back to blowing to the east :slight_smile:

14 Likes

stay safe brother…prayers and good vibes… :pray: :muscle: :green_heart: :v:

6 Likes

Thank you @Arrow
We get some nasty storms here so we are pretty well prepared for the normal stuff like losing electricity (and water etc.) but my GARDEN is another story - last year I only had 2 photos that got to be about 5 and 6 ft tall but this year - oiy vey ahappynewyea

6 Likes

Im with you @ravenchief , Im just south of Boston. Our potted plants can be brought in, not so much with the plants in the ground. Good luck!!!

5 Likes

You have done a fine job of shoring everything up Raven !
Thats allot of work
Good job, Good Luck ! Stay strong… Let 'er blow !

3 Likes

Thank you so much @sdoyle and @wayno I hope it misses you too. :pray::vulcan_salute::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Looks like damn fine work. Amazing what we will do to protect our plants. They are not as important as you and family though. All you be safe…:grin::v::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Thank you so much @bow4buck - I hope it works :slight_smile:

Another precaution that @kapouic and I thought was a good idea was to lessen the footprint of the branching width - so I tied them up like a Christmas Tree - I tied them so there was play in it - Tomorrow I may tighten them to pull them closer to the center - I didn;t want to make things too rigid and start snapping things
2 examples

Thank you for all your good wishes - I am very sure that they will help…

:slight_smile:

13 Likes

Actually like that idea. Kinda all branches supported by one another. Actually great idea…

5 Likes

Would something like this help too perhaps? With padding around the wrapping materials you would use…

8 Likes

Thanks @Slym3r
I topped all the big girls very early so there is no central stem to anchor like that unfortunately.

3 Likes

Like around the middle of the plant with a towel around it first so it’s doesn’t cut into her… Like right before the storm…

Idk it might be to much lol.

2 Likes

There is no solid middle. Haha.

. :vulcan_salute::sunglasses::blush:

13 Likes

Im sick of trimming also. Im ready to buy the centurion pro table top!

6 Likes