Mycorrhizae use

Would appreciate input if anyone has used mycorrhizae powder with their grow in anyway. Thanks!!

4 Likes

Yes it’s a must. Beneficial microbes protect the root zone from pathogens.
Microbes also help break down nutrients unavailable to the plant. They also help plants when they are stressed out.
I currently use Athena Biosis (free sample pack).

3 Likes

It’s very beneficial

4 Likes

Thanks for the response!!! That is the same brand I was going to purchase. Think I will.
How often do you use it???

4 Likes

Honestly first go around… I’ve gotten great advice on GN… No matter what type of media your in this is beneficial for sure… When planting transplanting or cloning is going to help… It creates a a symbiotic bond between the roots and nutrients uptake

5 Likes

I switched to promix hp with mycorrhizae in it and the difference in my plants already is huge. I can tell the roots are so much stronger than the plants I grew in ffof

5 Likes

Mycorrhizal fungi will be one of your “Best” change/addition to your grow ever.
In what medium are you planning to use it?

2 Likes

They also help condition organic nutrients and segregate the nutrients and release them as the plant requires them in a exchange. They also help keep the rhizospheres pH in check. So many benefits that’s just the beginning

3 Likes

I use it every grow. But becareful some to very very.overpriced. you can find affordable options out there. But yes its a must

2 Likes

I’m using happy frog and batch64 moonshine. Thank you all for your input!!!
I do appreciate it!! I will be getting some mycorrhizae promptly.

2 Likes

Check out plantronix I think its called. No need to over pay for great white or some of the others on the market. They charge way too much for very small amounts

3 Likes

The Mycorrhizal Fungi I use.

2 Likes

When you use mycorr. I tend to mix it in with my whole grow “soil” mix all at once. The last batch I made for my current grows you all have seen. I poured about a half pound in the mix. Then allow my soil to rest a few weeks. Wrapped up in like a tarp or something. Helps if yo can keep your soil warmish. And moist.
Anyways when I take my germd seeds out of the bag that was on the heat mat at 80°. They go usually into a solo cup with holes drilled for air and drainage. Put the germing/new seedlings in those solo cups on the heat mat. Turn the mat to 72°. My usual time to break ground three to five days. Keep these seedlings on the mat about two weeks. Obviously water them as needed. Don’t feed them any neuts yet.
By the two week period. With the mycorr and matt you will already have some very very nice roots.

Make sure when.you want.to transfer from solo to next home. Water your plants in the solos. Give them a few minutes to absorb the water. The give a little squeeze to the sides of the cup.
Make a “V” with.your hand. Like Spock on Star Trek. Put the seedling in that V. Carefully turn the cup, upsidedown. It should slide right down.
Assuming you have that new home pre set for receiving. You know what to do then.

Anyways that’s a quicky from germ to transplant with mycorr and a heat mat MAKE SURE THE MAT IS WATER PROOF. AND TEMP IS ADJUSTABLE.

4 Likes

I like this stuff:

4 Likes

Using mycorr in addition to a heat mat. You’ll have much better results and faster root development early on.
Other then that. Just don’t over pay. Aim for mid range price. But check the weight as well some have way less product for a higher cost

3 Likes

Absolutely EVERY grow, three different kinds.

I put the Mykos and the Recharge into the coco and pearlite as I mix it, then use the Voodoo Juice with my nute water.

HTH

3 Likes

Also don’t forget to feed them, they make complex sugars you can buy, but just go to the grocery store and get un-sulfered Molasses I put about 4 Tbs in a pint of warm water and dissolve it then give them 4cc per quart of water with that mix each watering. The sugar feeds the beneficial microbes.

1 Like

Yes I use 2 kinds
1.great white
2. Dynomyco

4 Likes

Dynomyco 100%…

2 Likes