Need help about number of plants

Hi everyone, I’m needing a bit of help making the set up of my next growing.

I have trays of 120x120cm (about 47x47")
For this first run I will go from seeds. And this run is for a cbd production.
I want to do a 3 months maximum run.
The lights will be 600w

PATRIOTPLUS-FULLPANEL-9-9-20.pdf (2.3 MB)

So 4 panels per tray.

I’m wondering how many plants could I fit per tray.

I got 11L pots and I was planning to put 16 pots per tray but I could also go for smaller pots and maybe fit more (3.4L or 5.7L)

What would be your advices concerning the amount of pots and indeed the number of weeks of growing (if I go with the 11L I should at least provide 3 or 4 weeks of growing right?)

Thank you for your help and advices!!

2 Likes

Hi @leopoldobetesh

Welcome to GN. I am going to take a shot at answering your question. I think first you need to know what seeds you are growing.

3 month maximum run

You will probably need to look at feminized auto seeds, 8 - 10 weeks from seed, which also means you can use the smaller pots (3.4L or 5.7L). You could fit about 36 plants in 3 liter pots under a 600 watt light. There are many other ways to work this out, but first starts with what you are planning on growing.

2 Likes

Hi Chrisj,

Thank you for your answer !

I was planning to go with feminized photoperiodic seeds. The idea at the end is to go with clones but for now it will be seeds.

In the case of going with 3 liters pots would you go for 1 week of growing phase ? One bud ?
In the case of the 11 liters a minimum would be 3 weeks of growing right ?

I never did one bud, usually I do bigger plants, apical cut, removing suckers and super cropping during stretch.

What would be the best decision concerning the rate grams per watts?

Thank you for your help !!!

Edit: I am a bit affraid of the stability in cbd genetics for auto seeds…

1 Like

There are a couple ways you can do this. Your limitation is your 3 months cycle. Since you not using auto’s, its best to get as much veg growth as possible. Since you mentioned clones, also might be better to go with them rather than dealing with seeds.

The suggestions I had for 30 plus auto plants under a 600 watt you would be looking at around 550 grams.

Grams per watts I think still stands beteen 1 - 1.5 grams per watt.

Edit: I am a bit afraid of the stability in cbd genetics for auto seeds…

Hence me sating clones might be a better option. That is a concern, lets ask @automatik about that.

1 Like

I have not grown a CBD auto yet. But the companies Genetics are great. Twenty20 Mendocino. They have a new CBD Auto. I have a couple photos as well. I should be back up tomorrow or Sunday and I will check all my stock. I am some as well. Thanks

4 Likes