Need help! I dont know why my plant is dying

Hello Growers,

I started my first indoor grow and of course I assumed that I will encounter many problems. Now I reached a point where I dont know what to do:

Plant Information:
Type: Autoflower
Strain: Gorilla Punch
Medium: Coco
Fertilizer: BioBizz (Organic)

Problem: So I got 2 plants and I treat them exactly the same. One is doing ok (still not good), but the other one is nearly dying and stopped growing/developing buds. Leaves turning brown and dry and falling off. I thought I overfed them since especially the tips got brown und curled up. So I flushed it for 1 week but lowered the dosage but it didnt get better. Should I still not use fertilizer or just lower the dosage or do I even not see the real issue behind it. And also why is the color of the first plant much lighter than the second? Please help me out! Pictures are attached

Plant 1: Picture 1/2
Plant 2: Picture 3/4

8 Likes

Just wanted to add that I use the " [BLOOM PLUS LED Grow Lamp XP1500 Dimmable LED Plant Lamp Full Spectrum LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants Seeding Vegetable Stadium and Flower Plants Growing Lamp with 326 Pieces Samsung LM301B Diodes]"(https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B09WVHV443/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

with 24h light schedule

6 Likes

Hi Alex, welcome to the family.

Our beloved @TheMadFlascher just explained where to start and why, in a different topic, when running into issues like these. Take a look…

Start with his advice, come back to us with the EC & pH numbers!
:v: :monkey:

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Don’t get upset when we ask questions, it just people trying to help you out.
Here is a checklist that a lot of us use, just copy it, fill it out and post it on your thread so people won’t keep asking the same questions.

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Media:

Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor: Tent
Tent:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night): Day= 75 f, night= 69 f
Relative Humidity (day and night) : Day 65

% - Night 50 %
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) : Humidifier
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM: PPM
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

I just noticed that you are using coco. If it dried out it will cause problems, like dry pockets. Several people that use coco can give you great advice. @happilyretired, @PreyBird1, and @sssportsmfg I think use coco.

7 Likes

Honestly, looking at your pictures posted here, I don’t believe you are dealing with a nutrient problem at all.
This looks like a common fungal infection know as Alternaria. It commonly begins in lower leaves and randomly spreads up the plant…search ‘alternaria in cannabis’ on google and you’ll get some good photos to compare.
It IS efficiently controlled with hypochlorous acid. You can search the ‘Hypochlorous acid…deep dive’ here in GN with the magnifying glass at the top of the page…

Long story short… buy this product on Amazon, dilute it 50:50 with DISTILLED water, saturate your plant matter and it will stop it in it’s tracks and save your grow…

https://www.amazon.com/Hypochlorous-Cleaning-Medical-Professionals-Machines/dp/B08QGYD4PC/ref=sr_1_9?crid=3H1WV6HTDKNDY&keywords=hypochlorous+acid&qid=1670272149&sprefix=hypochlorous+acid%2Caps%2C161&sr=8-9

You really should read the thread and check back with it occasionally…a tremendous number of GN growers have made contributions and as a group, we continue to refine and improve our knowledge !

9 Likes

Hence why ‘our beloved’ !!!

6 Likes

LOL, I don’t know !?

If my Mom was still around, I believe she would probably contribute some contradictory opinions !

6 Likes

Needs a little more calmag its coco for goodness sakes. Coco leeches uses the coco before the plants can. And im not being rude buth that light is no good for flower. Im actually surprised how ggod the buds look with weak of a light. 150 watts? Man im sick of people getting ripped off on crappy lights geeze.

5 Likes