New Control products from General Hydroponics

Getting great results from the new Defguard from GH

Prevention Is Better Than Cure

What’s the key to ensuring fungal and bacterial pathogens don’t wipe out your plants and flowers? Being proactive.

The fact is, you can never totally eliminate disease-causing fungi and bacteria from your garden, residential landscape or residential greenhouse. But you can control and suppress them by taking a preventative approach and using the right combination of products.

Make General Hydroponics Defguard Biofungicide / Bactericide part of your protection plan.

Controls Botrytis &Powdery Mildew
General Hydroponics Defguard Biofungicide / Bactericide is an OMRI-listed biofungicide and bactericide for use in organic gardening that’s effective against a variety of pathogens, particularly botrytis (which causes botrytis blight, or gray mold) and powdery mildew. It also controls anthracnose; bacterial leaf blights, spots and specks; black mold; black spot (on roses); brown spot; fruit rot; and leaf spots.

If you need a biofungicide/bactericide that prevents bacterial and fungal diseases from even establishing themselves on leaves, look no further than General Hydroponics Defguard Biofungicide / Bactericide.

6 Likes

Link to the full label and msds please :grimacing:

From the voices in my head Ethan

3 Likes
3 Likes

Lee,

Nice product, but question. Do you have a wettible powder form it is just a bacillus. Can we handle it like dry yeast? This would be better for big grows. I don’t like shipping water.

Do you have any reference comparing your bacillus to plant cultured yeasts. Such as the famous strawberry experiment in the Netherlands?

From the voices in my head Ethan :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Ethan, sorry not my product, i’m just an organic dirt farmer in Alaska toiling under many suns. You asked for the sheets, I already had the link up so just copied and pasted it for your quick reference.

3 Likes

Thank you. Hard to judge product, I don’t like shipping water.

From the voices in my head

Ethan Kayes

3 Likes

I hear that, It does appear to be one of the cheaper liquid controls and its OMRI certified. My employer requires me to use OMRI or better certified products, it’s a challenge, especially here in Alaska. I’m trying to talk him into peroxide oxidising machines but because we don’t use ventilation, instead growing in a closed system with hydronic cooling i would have to buy an oxidising machine for each of my 6 rooms and at this time the cost is too high so i’m searching for other options. Being a bacillus I’m sure it can be made into a powdered or granular product such as the BTI gnat control we use

4 Likes

You should look at oxine and the bio cide type products. The have EPA C label that stronger in requirements. We used something like it in our coolers and in our irrigation water. It is essentially a chlorine. They are one the site @Farmer_Dan, had a great comparison photo. Use it for the Irragation lable. I would rather deal with Cl in a grow than H2O2. H2O2 for me has been a problem in grows.

Look at this point Look at Tom’s chart

From the voices in my head
Ethan :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

don’t think this product is approved for Cannabis

1 Like

Says who? No pesticide product is federally registered for use on cannabis. There are however, pesticide products that can be legally used on cannabis in California, provided they meet certain criteria and Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747 is included on the list of products. (https://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/cannabis/certain_criteria.pdf).

1 Like

It not used as a pesticide. I would use it in my pre fertilizer water. Need to keep the water sanitary quality. In our grows we retreat our city water to maintain a baseline chlorine level. A byproduct of legal water treatment. Is clean plants and my drip lines don’t clog up.

Prior to adding gasious chlorine to our water, in order to maintain a drinking water standard at every tap. We had to add chlorine back.

From the voices in my head Ethan

1 Like

What I was told by the CDPR was any product used in edible food production can be used in cannabis production, they do have a list of pesticides you cannot use in California.Everything else is fair game.

The “can use” list is just a helpful list.

2 Likes

Michael,

Will you add the can use list for Canada, please. Just edit the original post.

You can see what the had in mind.

I think the heavy metal index for Canada is bizarre. If you follow all the guide lines, I can not create a comercal organic grow, that is financially viable. I can create an organic grow in vegtibles in Canada and make money. :upside_down_face: not organic cannabis.

From those pesky voices in my head Ethan

1 Like

Double Nickle is approved in Oregon and it is the same thing, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747 - 98.85%.

Appears to be exactly the same as Double Nickle LC, but a bit more costly. About $190 vs $250. Also available as a WD.

2 Likes

I m in California and the CDPR is California Department of pesticide regulation.I am not familiar with Canada’s pesticides laws, but I searched for a comprehensive list but could not find one in a timely manner

2 Likes