New Grower need tips

any tips (besides get a new light) for my grow

7 Likes

Welcome to the GN Family @swfy
Hope you learn as much as we do from each other.

On the toppic of Tips.
Better reflecting material on your walls.
Better light.

Other then that :man_shrugging:
Please tell us more about your grow.
What strain?
What soil mix?
What grow style your are going to use?
You know, stuff we can’t see… with more info, we assist you with more Tips.

Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

@swfy. Just a few things that come to mind from your pics.
You might want to ditch the tin foil on the walls as it can cause hot spots on the plants.
Your underlying white paint actually is a better reflector.
Holes in bottoms of cups.
Don’t over water.
Dome the seedlings. Light mist of domes only till roots develop.
We’re all after the same thing. Dankest weed we can grow with the stickiest nugs :wink::grin:
As @docdre said. A bit more info would help too.
Peace :wink::+1::v:

7 Likes

Digital thermometer/humidity guage
Enviroment monitoring important.
Zoning for veg and flower.
Area square foot and height consideration.
Determine Transition &/or final size & type of container.

4 Likes

Welcome @swfy! Just a few tips for you as you get going in addition to what everyone else has mentioned above. Keep your lights (fluorescent by the looks of it) 4-6" away from your plants. You probably will run out of room if all those seedlings are female as they will get big by the time they are ready to harvest and you will need to make sure you can have complete uninterrupted darkness for 12 hours when you want to flower.

2 Likes

Been feeding them good nutrients, florescent light, about 9 days into the grow! Reflectors will hopefully be changed soon, I keep the room at about 72degrees. What nutrients should I use, currently I use golden tree and general hydroponic nutrients?, What reflectors would work best in a closet?

2 Likes

I have 12 plants 3 gorilla glue, 3zittles, 3 London poundcake 53 and 3 Durban poison plants!

2 Likes

Get your plants closer to the light. They are stretching for light. I see you are already supporting 1 baby.
And n light breeze of air, just enough to make the leafs move abit. It will help to make the little stems stronger.

4 Likes

I do have a small battery power fan that I want to swap out for a plug in, I’ve been going though CASES of batteries lol

3 Likes

O No dude. Bring the fan closer to the seedlings then. Just above the tops, just so that the leafs move lightly. Not to wildly.

3 Likes

this popped up today can anyone explain what this is lol

2 Likes

Weed… like dandelions or ground covering thing. The ones that bleed a white sap. Did you use some outside dirt?

3 Likes

It’s the wrong kind of weed.
Good Luck with your seedlings.

2 Likes

I only used miracle grow indoor potting soil

3 Likes

Is there any proper way to remove the weed?, Is there anything I can do to prevent more from coming?

1 Like

Pull them out with your fingers. Put mulch or plant a companion plant like nitrogen fixing clovers. Or just pull them out as they come up.
My pots are outside and I also get small weeds, but like 1 a week or something. Remember, wind, bugs and all the creatures around my plants could bring in weed seeds. It’s part of nature, I’m growing outside. I can only do so much. But for me it isn’t a real issue.

2 Likes

update pictures plants are doing good, one is sick the rest are pretty healthy! Any tips?? I have been using ph perfect advanced nutrients

4 Likes

@swfy. Is this the soil you use ?
This feeds for 6 months.
This Combined with the extras that you’re adding Are why some of your plants are looking a bit ragged.
Most likely the ph buffering of that soil is not what cannabis likes.
Not saying that you can’t grow weed in MG because many people do but I’d lighten up on the nutes for a bit till they come back around.
Happy growing. :+1::v:

4 Likes

That was the first mix I used when potting the seedlings. I switched to the soil in the picture When I transferred them and have happy tree frog for the current seedlings to transfer to and for my

next grow!

3 Likes

they’re growing!!, can anyone give advice going forward, and is one budding already!? I can’t tell lol

3 Likes