New grower second grow

For a 3x3 tent you want at least 250 real watts and more is better if you want to maximize yields and bud density. I find the sweet spot at around 400-450 watts. That said I have about 800 watts on tap in my 3x3 flowering tent but rarely use more than 500-600 watts.

My flowering tent light setup - a HLG 550 rspec and and a HLG 260 rspec with a couple HLG UVA 30s.

Just the HLG 550 would be more than enough for most growers in a 3x3, and even the the HLG 260 by itself would do alright.

5 Likes

This is the little cheap grow light and all the specs I bought from Walmart full spectrum…it has all the umols and Nms I believe I need for the grow idk just trying lolol

1 Like

Any advice or should I just grab some cfls???

1 Like

Hlg. Horticulture lighting group. U want nice buds this is where to start at. Hlg. Budget led. Rapid led. Basically if u go with led u want samsung lm301b or h chips and meanwell or inventronics drivers. Then ull be set for light. Light is the most important part of the grow then genetics all else u can basically wing and get away with it but light for sure is :key:

2 Likes

U have a scorp now @pptrsha1

2 Likes

I agree with @Mark0427 those lights your looking at are not going to grow bud I don’t care what the box says you need quality lighting or else it’s just a waste of time and money and stress

2 Likes

mark i thought your light was the newer model that came out after mine

2 Likes

This is a great light for clones and babies! You can set this up over your nursery department…

2 Likes

I got the scorpion diablo. Says 650w pushes 691 from wall.

3 Likes

@cosmo had my neighbor take that pkg to mail for me since i keep forgetting it. He mentioned he was going to post office to return a medical device so tomorrow its out pal. Hopefully dont take long to arrive to u.

2 Likes

Well if you put a return on it I’ll get some to you . You are a good person for doin it I owe you. Just say it brother :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Did a heavy defoliation last night

2 Likes

Tonight I will be feeding again. They are really drinking a lot coco is dying out in 2 days now.

3 Likes

Still having problems with this one

3 Likes

i swear i read coco was water every day. check out @Hydro his wife grows in coco i think and she does bad ass plants

3 Likes

@Mark0427 is a good person. he helps anybody he can. he is a good soul

4 Likes

Coco can benefit greatly from high frequency fertigation it likes to stay fairly damp

2 Likes

She waters about every other day.
In flower it can be every day
Depending on the plant

3 Likes

Still in veg since before June 6th so I got a slow grower any idea when I should switch to 12/12??

1 Like

I top mine once they reach 5 nodes,but I veg for 6 weeks instead of 4.i wait for them to get to a point they can still double in size during the first 4 weeks of flower

4 Likes