New grower very passionate

I’m new grower looking for some advice about light distance distance if there’s anyone that can give me some advice on a few things please get back with me
I think I have my light distance to far i was trying to avoid burning which i have done one by accident

6 Likes

Welcome to GN @jrmnallen24 … Your in great hands here… What distance are you at now?.. I’ve always learned an optimal distance is between 12-18 inches sometimes I’ll raise and lower light accordingly… Your plant looks really healthy but tall I think she may be stretching for light too much… Hope this helped

6 Likes

Thanks very much I’m currently at 20 inches I will lower my lights I’m a beginner I really appreciate the advice I use general hydroponics nutrient mixture with a lighting schedule 12/12 I’m completely green when it comes to growing cannabis but highly eager and passionate about growing love it!! I don’t know the strains but I’ve been taught how to spot Male and female seeds with the right nutrients and lighting schedule does the yield time vary for different strains?

3 Likes

What light is that? Incandescent? Does it get really hot? Can we see the light please?

4 Likes

Nice @jrmnallen24 your fresh into the growing i love it. Your going to have a great time here welcome welcome!

4 Likes

12/12 schedule is way to early for your plants my friend… 18/6 at least for veg cycle looks like your still in seedling except a few … Let us know what equipment you have like @PreyBird1

7 Likes

See if you can get some bigger pots. Your going to need them fast. They like bigger pots once there like 7-12" also. And the less transplanting the better. If your not sure if there male or female use 1 gallon fabric pots. Amazon is your friend

4 Likes

You need to get this book and read it. I didnt need it but i got it anyways…well guess what turns out i did need it and i am happy to recommend this book to any whos intersted in growing or actually growing cannibis.

But we will help you just ask us anytime!

7 Likes

I just ordered my first grow tent this is just a homemade tent I’ve made with my lights and fans and reflective material I currently have two led grow lights and the big grow bulb

3 Likes

Definitely going to Get it

3 Likes

6 hours light 18 darkness will that stress them because I’ve currently had them on a 12/12

2 Likes

What is that light a uv 50 watt? Did you buy from your tent from growerhouse? I did buy my 1st tent there. Before you go buying a bunch of stuff let us help. How big is your tent? What else did you order? I bought a lot of euipment and so have a lot of members here. We can help save money and get you the right stuff.

4 Likes

Holy shit man your in colorado nice ha ha. Lots of exciting stuff there. Man im going to be watching out for you.

2 Likes

18 light on 6 off … Younger stages need more lights on :seedling::herb::palm_tree:

6 Likes

It’s a 30 watt led and the grow bulb is 120 watts and the tent i ordered from Amazon is 80 x 80

2 Likes

Is that like 6 feet?

2 Likes

Awesome thanks man I’m purely doing this for sheer love of growing next I’m trying autoflowering feminized seeds next to see how this turns out " I found this growing in my front yard

1 Like

Cool man i love it. Is it your seed?
Here is my current garden.

9 Likes

Yes I have a friend that grows she told me I need to get a bigger led light for my tent which i kinda already knew that

1 Like

All the people here helped me do this. Your in the right place me man.

4 Likes