New Indoor Auto Grow

I use full strength and it hasn’t hurt my plants so far.

7 Likes

I concur, I’ve hit a bunch of clones I didn’t care if I killed - It did not, but it eradicated the spider mites I was after. Not what its for, i understand, but I had to kill something with it since I bought the teapot.

8 Likes

Mr. Baker,
Sleep well my friend. In our initial trial @ravenchief sprayed full strength 3.7 right over pistils and total plants…even applied BBP right after and the girls were shining…

Does illustrate my point…keep the pH low…you want to apply full strength ahead of bad weather if your growth stage is susceptable to bud rot!! You did great…after the weather clears I would do the same thing again…full strength and be sure to saturate your buds…Botrytis flourishes where there is minimal air flow (tight buds) !

10 Likes

@pbaker1111 thanks for the great journal.
I really like how your plants are in the open space of your garden.

On the autos with the molds/fungi, my suggestion is to consider removing the straw in the bottom. Decomposing matter always has those molds.

For me growing with humidity I always leave the area around stem open. and especially in pots .
In a dry summer I may layer composts/ mulches at the drip line level away from stem.

Hope that helps and good luck for the photo flowers

6 Likes

Listen guys, hypochlorous acid when you purchase it is over 400 ppm. Half strength is about 200 ppm. The generator produces 100 ppm every time you run for the first two runs then you get approximately 80 ppm for each run after that. This is in the instructions from the machine or on the Internet on their website. So if you ran it three Times chances are the maximum strength you have would be 280 ppm which would be just over half strength of what you would purchase over the counter premade. Me and several other people have sprayed plants with full strength 400+ ppm with no adverse reaction on the plant. This is recommended if you have an outbreak of WPM or bud rot. Using Half straight is more so a preventative, to stop these things before they start. Before a rain storm, once you’re into heavy flowering and your humidity is high and so on. Hope this helps :v:t3::+1:t3:

10 Likes

It won’t surprise you all to learn that the plants look lovely this morning. I was fearful of the full-strength homemade acid, but now I’m glad I made my mistake. When the buds get bigger and firmer and the botrytis risk rises, I’ll be glad to have the experience under my belt. So far, so good.

I had a little alternaria on one leaf of my beautiful Punchline Rbx X Grandpa’s Stash early in the grow, way before I started using the acid. That has not spread. No other problems to report at this time. :::knocks on wood:::

9 Likes

I have some leaves with tips that are “clawing” downward. These leaves are on my gelato plant. It’s very large—about 8’ tall. It’s been very warm and humid. Any ideas what may be going on here?

Thanks for any perspectives you can share!

10 Likes

It could be a watering issue, heat issue, or just to much light. I don’t grow outdoors so I really can’t help you with that problem other than check each of those issues to figure out how to adjust it.

6 Likes

That plant looks beautiful the leaves are praying even though the tips are hanging a little bit. Plants no different than you, Might have woke up with indigestion or gas who knows. Mine have done that throughout the years outdoor and I just didn’t worry about it. Concern yourself more with bugs. they are the greatest evil outdoor. I have found growing outdoor being my favorite, if you just keep them moist never let them get dry. I usually flood for about 15 minutes three days a week. And then over the weekend I soak the whole raised bed.You can push nutrients pretty hard if you choose to if you’re not going organic or if you’re organic and you want to push a little bit at the end you can throw some salt in there won’t hurt a thing. If you are running salt outdoor though you need to watch your tips. If you get tip burn outside you better back off because you can’t flush it very easily.

Try not to over analyze them, let them do their thing. If it gets persistent and doesn’t stop or gets worse then you might have a problem. But chances are it’s just a little something today. Too hot, too cold, too much sun, too much water, not enough water…etc…etc

I think you’re gonna be just fine…:+1:t3::v:t3:

8 Likes

So this will kill spider mites? If that’s confirmed I’ll order today.

8 Likes

It killed mine yes, I was honestly experimenting. But low/high pH water will kill spider mites - its the diligence of staying at them that really does it. If you don’t have the time, I’d go with CJDB for that purpose. I figured If I were IPM spraying for wpm etc and inadvertently got some SM coverage too, win win.

8 Likes

I am so rural, (Mexico), I can’t get most of that stuff here. We do not even have postal service. 4 hours round trip to mail a letter. a lot of my stuff is DIY. Battery acid for pH down, baking soda for pH up…etc. A lot of the online providers will deliver but the shipping is way more than the item and they are not geared towards growing. We just had a national Grow shop open. They charge a surcharge to deliver to my area. It’s getting better. DHL has really picked up the slack. I was told they are going to start a mail run once a month here. No one knows WHAT day but any is better than none. OK, done whining. It is what it is. So do you think the machine would be a wise investment for a small time, rural, grower?

12 Likes

That’s hardcore. Battery acid for pH down even. Jeez.

If I hear all this, I think a HCOI generator would be a very good investment indeed. Getting your hands on salt & vinegar should be possible right?
Dogfarts’ test on SM looked very promising, although less efficient than on molds, I believe worth exploring furthermore.

8 Likes

One would hope. :grin: The stores in town don’t even carry jello. Guess there’s not always room. I used Garrett’s Juice on my plants last grow. I was impressed.

7 Likes

Yes, the machine will give you unlimited supply. Just keep a bottle of distilled vinegar and plenty of distilled water.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for this encouragement! I’m not organic and have been using nutes since beginning of bloom. Have been kinda light but am glad to know you think I could be a little heavier. It’s about time for me to up the dose!

6 Likes

I am having a great time with my outdoor grow. Virginia has had a heat wave, like so much of the country. We had a couple weeks of solid 90+ degrees, without enough rain. I drained my rain barrel a couple of times during that period to keep the plants happy. During the past few days, though, we got a couple huge rainstorms, and now the temps have fallen back to the chilly mid-80’s! :wink:

I’ve been treating weekly with hypochlorous acid solution from the machine mixed with distilled water. I began with a weak 1:4 ratio and have settled on 1:1 for now. The acid solution didn’t cause any ill effects, even when I put it undiluted on the plants, so I’ll use 1:1 unless/until I see a reason to change. I have no PM and no botrytis at this time. Maybe a couple leaves with alternaria, but that issue predates my use of hypochlorous acid. I saw a couple moths last night, so I’m glad to report that I’ve been keeping up with BT application. I’m going to try hard to avoid caterpillars/worms, because I have a strong feeling they’re going to be thick in my area this autumn.

I’m feeding the photoperiod plants with half-strength flora nova bloom, and I just began adding some molasses, too. How much, if any, do you use? I’m not feeding the little autos a thing at this point. I treated them with BBP several times, but they’re flowering now, so no more BBP. Will likely begin bloom nutes sometime soon.

Ethos End Game x Grandpa’s Stash, Smallest of the photo plants

ILGM LA Confidential, the prettiest of the photo plants

Ethos Punchline x Grandpa’s Stash, the farthest along of the photo plants

ILGM Gelato, at 8’+, the tallest of the photoperiod plants

These three Mephisto autos are coming along. Truth be told, I shouldn’t have put them outside in late July. They seem stressed to me, probably because of the ridiculous heat. Oh well, that’s what I get for being stubborn and antsy! Anyway, they’re growing, and that’s good enough for me.

Happy growing to everyone!

16 Likes

I`ve been using the BT every 5 days since I found a caterpillar on one of my plants.

11 Likes

With the moon phase we just went through and the plants transitioning I would give them a good heavy feeding at least once. If they are transitioning add a little bloom nutrients too. you can go half-and-half if you want. Give it a shot it won’t hurt. :+1:t3::v:t3:

11 Likes

Everything is progressing at my house, but I did suffer a major setback. Last week, we had a guy pressure wash. Some of his shit got on several of my plants, significantly damaging lots of the leaves. Lots is still visible, but I removed maybe the dozen or 20 worst leaves on each plant.

Still, weather has been better, and the flowers are coming along well. I’m feeding with flora nova bloom and molasses. I’m treating every few days with 1:1 hypochlorous acid solution from my machine. I’m also treating with BT. Am trying to do acid one day and BT the next, aiming to apply BT before a dry day or two so it has the chance to sit.

This Ethos Punchline is the smallest plant, but it’s developing some pretty buds. I guess it’s been flowering for 4 or 5 weeks.

Here’s the ILGM LA Confidential. It’s gotten a lot bushier near the bottom—much rounder overall. It’s at least a couple weeks behind the Ethos plants.

This Ethos End Game is coming right along. But you can see lots of evidence of the chemical burn I mentioned above. So far, seems like the two Ethos plants are gonna finish weeks before the others. I’m fine with that!

And here’s the biggie. This one is ILGM Gelato. The buds have really made big steps in the past week. Still behind the Ethos.

Mephisto Sour Stomper and Forum Stomper are really growing fast and are super frosty. They are getting a lot of pest action, though. I’m using capt Jack’s in addition to BT. :wink:

This weekend, I’m planting a lot of my fall vegetables, too. Happy growing to you all! Hope you’re having a really great August!

15 Likes