New Indoor Auto Grow

I don’t have an answer for your question. But I do have an idea that might work for you. How about you go out and find yourself some dirt weed that don’t cost very much, then pre-grind what you need for a few days and mix your Kief with it. This way you know what you’re gonna have as far as getting loaded off your Kief. And it should be relatively inexpensive to hold you over. :+1:t3::v:t3:

8 Likes

Thanks, sir! This is a good idea!

7 Likes

No worries !

With just a couple plants you’re not going to use a whole lot!
On another forum we had a great test using Agrowlyte. The grower had a pretty severe case of PM.
He sprayed his plant ONCE with a 1:1 dilution of Agrowlyte…5 days later NO PM.

In your circumstances, you knew you had a high humidity/rain event …I’m sure you were thinking 'this ain’t good ! If you had the Agrowlyte on hand you could have prepared a 1:4 or 1:3 dilution and sprayed your plants as a ‘preventative’. You know that 6 ozs of dilute will spray quite a few plants so you can see it would go a long way.

The beauty of this material is the ‘one and done’ effectiveness. You can spray right through harvest without ANY RESIDUE, NO PLANT DAMAGE, AND complete destruction of bacterial/fungal infections!!! Bud Rot should become a thing of the past when employing this tool!!!

8 Likes

Woo, the idea of losing less to botrytis is really a happy one!

8 Likes

Doesn’t quite answer the Q, in a qwet extract 1 gm = 700-800mg thc I use 750 for my edible dosing. This is a generally accepted # amongst all I’ve read, Kief is obviously less dense and has trichome husks so you’ll have to extrapolate, is it 70%/80%… Run a batch and report back.

9 Likes

I thought it was 600 to 800. No wonder everybody always gets so wasted on my edibles. I always use 600 as my dosing number. :laughing::joy::joy:

10 Likes

I’m so glad I asked because this is very valuable info to me. Thanks very much, y’all!!

10 Likes

I have applied Agrowlyte a couple of times now. There’s only one tiny spot of mildew remaining, and what Bob told me was alternaria doesn’t seem to be advancing. On the other hand, I fear I may have burnt some pistils! Do you think that’s possible w a product like Agrowlyte? I did spray w mild diluted peroxide once before the Agrowlyte arrived.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KW754CmV3Xj2mEg0-LPt1ROxBUyqvfqu/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uNceCerfgHU1DLN8iyBOFCrvjWWjfGhO/view?usp=drivesdk

The photoperiod plants are coming along, too. I’ve been treating them w Agrowlyte every time I spray the little autos, despite no real evidence of mold or mildew. My only problem with these plants is that I’m experiencing some pests. Last year, I got worms a little later in the summer, and I was able to treat w BT. This is something different, maybe leaf hoppers or some other hungry, quick thing. I never see the culprit, and it’s just one or two gnawed leaves per plant.

All of the photo plants were germinated on the same day, and they were all put outside within a week of one another, in the same sort of spot. The only difference is that some of my manure/compost is brand new, some is one year old, and some is two years old.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SZ55gC0y9Hfh54Z9N5HupjMdNb24ljCs/view?usp=drivesdk

Https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Cn9GYL3KUV9tSU29-DUSkwO2FKut4yv/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mc9NcfCUlBcQ7qtxlgs7JmmyTu4kkmm5/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e9O6UeP77ZRXPGZNipru24BcFyFrK-z8/view?usp=drivesdk

And here’s one more mobile photo for when my relative has room for one more! :wink:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cTn-IStF2ew7Krkipx2coemUMaqKD02W/view?usp=drivesdk

All the photos are Ethos Grandpa’s Stash multipack. I chose them this year because they are supposed to be resistant to mold, and they’re supposed to finish early. We shall see. I have a feeling it’s going to be a hot, short summer with an early fall here in Virginia, but we shall see…

I hope you all had a great day, and happy Father’s Day to all the dads!

6 Likes

@pbaker1111,

Just curious if you added the distilled vinegar to your Agrowlyte ??..
Add it slowly and test pH as you do…shoot for about pH5.0

If you purchase either Agrowlyte or Danolyte here’s some information that will help you out!
The manufacurer of Agrowlyte/Danolyte does not use vinegar in their process…no big deal …the ppm are still there…
Here’s what I suggest you do:
When you receive your bottle or even if you’ve used some of it…pour it in a large container and ADD WHITE (distilled0 VINEGAR to drop the pH to 5.0…this will do TWO things for you…

1. Hypochlorous Acid is stable betweem pH 3.5 and 5.0… Another words at pH 5.0 it is 99.7% ACTIVE. At pH 6.5 it is only 90% active.
  2. By adding the VINEGAR the sodium in your mix will be converted to sodium acetate, thereby diluting the concentration of salt (The sodium is still there but in a less ACTIVE form) This should eliminate most of the salt deposit you see on your leafs…

It’s possible that the remaining Sodium chloride (salt) is causing the burn…by adding the white vinegar, you turn that remaining sodium into sodium acetate which should minimize the reactivity…

9 Likes

Can’t see the pictures, can you try to upload the original picture files instead of a link to your google drive space? Don’t have access to that drive so we can’t see the pictures.

5 Likes

I have not added distilled vinegar, but I sure will now! Lol! Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

dcae8e4b-762b-4550-9929-4f456356202a_text

8 Likes

I added some compost around my weakest photoperiod plants. All these seem to be doing well. I’ve treated these babies with BT a couple times earlier in the spring due to army worms and little green worms, but I’ve not had too many pests lately—just some leaf hoppers. In addition to BT, I have DE, neem oil, and Spinosad. Hopefully, since I have all these, the pests will sense they’re not welcome and steer clear. It has been a challenging spring/summer for gardeners in the southeast part of Virginia due to a late cold snap, tons of rain, and then an early heat wave! I’m in a neat, sheltered “micro-climate” near the ocean and a river, so I think I’ve escaped a lot of the struggles.

Here is the mobile photoperiod plant. It’ll finally get a home in the ground in a week or so, once my relative harvests his first plant. Doesn’t this one look healthy? It’s in used FFOF/perlite, and I’ve given it a couple light doses of veg nutes. Goes to show a) less can be more, I guess, and b) I don’t know anything about growing weed! Lol!

I am checking the trichomes on my little autos, and they’re nearly there. Check out the burn on one of them. Also notice the absence of additional alternaria on the previously sick one.

I am really having a good time growing my plants and learning a lot along the way. I am also growing some vegetables that are starting to produce, so it’s a good time to be in the garden. Hope you’re all safe and well!

10 Likes

Thank you! I’d have never realized. Appreciate your help!

8 Likes

I just placed a few new auto seeds on wet paper towels. In the next day, they’ll be ready for a new home. I’ve started in five-gal and in small seedling cups previously, with mixed results. Which do you think is wiser for autos??

I’ll be growing these plants outdoors. Should I start them indoors under my 600 w led, or should I place them outside as soon as they’re in soil?

Finally, I can’t decide whether to plant these babies in cloth pots w FFOF or in my raised garden bed which is filled w compost and old horse manure. I guess you could call it living soil.

I’ve been growing cannabis for a year or so now, and I have enjoyed it immensely! Now I’m aware how much more there is to learn…

Happy Saturday, all!

5 Likes

Forgot to mention I’m growing a Mephisto medley—double grape, forum stomper, sour stomper, cdlc.

5 Likes

I took some pics of my plants yesterday. It was so hot, I sweated through my shirt just snapping these. Hoping for a little rain this evening here in Virginia Beach, VA.

These three little babies are Mephistos. They are one week from germination. The one in the cloth pot is CDLC. The two in the small pots are Forum Stomper (front) and Sour Stomper (back). I’m growing them all in Black Gold seedling mix. The one in the cloth pot has seedling mix in the middle, surrounded by FFOF. I’ll leave the plant in this 3-gal pot for the whole grow, and it’ll grow in my backyard. The two in the small pots will be transplanted into a raised garden in my backyard in about a week, once they’re about two weeks old. I adopted that timeline based on the Mephisto grow guide I read a few days ago. Growing autos has been tough for me so far. I’ve had widely varying results. Am going to try to learn more from these. Will be applying BBP for the first time once these plants move outside. Will apply hypochlorous acid from my generator throughout the grow, as well.

This is my smallest photoperiod plant. It’s Ethos End Game R2 x Grandpa’s Stash #12. Plant got off to a very slow start but has picked up the pace lately. Starting to flower.

Here’s an ILGM LA Confidential I received as a freebie last year. Plan is shortest and bushiest of this year’s bunch. Also, it’s the furthest into flower. Really think this is my “prettiest” plant right now.

This is Ethos Punchline Rbx x Grandpa’s Stash #12. This was the last plant I transplanted into garden. It was among the weaker seedlings, but it’s doing great now. All three of these photo plants were planted in a bed with slightly older soil that hadn’t been as heavily amended. When transplanting, I put some Bigfoot mycorrhizae in the holes. About a month ago, I top-dressed with some Coast of Maine lobster compost. The plants seemed to like this a lot. As you can see, I built a little shelter over this Punchline plant. I’ve been experimenting with a couple PVC designs, and I’m getting closer to something I can use in the long term.

Whoa boy, here she is. This is an ILGM Gelato plant whose seeds I received last year. At that time, the seeds didn’t germinate. I threw this seed in the water cup on a whim–to get rid of a seed I assumed wouldn’t pop–and the rest is history. This plant is about 8’ tall right now. It’s near a couple tomato plants that I’m trimming daily to try to maintain some space and airflow. Depending on how flowering goes along, I may end up removing those tomatoes. Sorry, veggies… This Gelato plant is in my new, rich soil, so it’s doing great.

Since flower began a week or so ago, I’ve been feeding these plants half doses of Flora Nova Bloom. I’ve been spraying weak Agrowlyte solution about weekly, trying to time my applications to occur a day before big rain.

Finally, here’s yesterday’s cherry tomatoes and okra as well as some bolete mushrooms that sprang up at work this morning.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

7 Likes

Looking good Mr. Baker !

Your getting this growing thing ‘in hand’'. Your acid apps BEFORE the weather event is very advantagous!

That mushroom is a ‘looker’, don’t think I’ve ever seen one…but there’s probably a plethora that I’ve never seen!

5 Likes

I put three Mephisto autos outdoors. One is in a 3-gal fabric pot. It’s CDLC.

The other two got transplanted into my garden. They’re Forum Stomper and Sour Stomper.

All three autos got a 2.5 mg dose of BBP. The seedlings did great inside, and I think they’re off to a great start in the garden.

My photo plants are coming right along, too! They’re in early flower. Here’s the End Game.

Here’s the very pretty LA Confidential.

Here is the Punchline. This one is furthest into flower.

Finally, here’s the monster gelato. Previously, there was a huge cherry tomato plant growing into this gelato plant. The tomato plant was taking up precious sunlight and obstructing airflow. And the tomatoes weren’t that good. So that plant had to go!

The photoperiod plants are getting Gen Hydro flora nova bloom and collected rain water. I’m enjoying watching these plants grow!

Hope you all are having a great summer!

10 Likes

In the past 48 hours, we have received more than 2” of rain! My new baby autos are happy. I treated them with another 2.5 ml of BBP. But this rain isn’t wonderful for the big photos. I dosed them with some hypochlorous acid from the generator. @TheMadFlascher, I ran three cycles, adding a tbsp of vinegar before each cycle. Final product had a ph of 3.8! I am embarrassed to admit it, but in juggling my evening stuff, I forgot to dilute it! So I inadvertently sprayed with full-strength solution. The plants seemed fine at dark. I am not normally a praying kind of guy, but I may say a little prayer tonight for the gals. May they thrive despite their airhead dad!

7 Likes