New Indoor Auto Grow

Man, thank you!! I have no problem smoking it, personally. Just wanting to make sure that isn’t a super-dumb idea. Lol, I appreciate you!

10 Likes

Burn it up. I wouldn’t worry about it. Chances are your eating bugs every time you eat salad anyway.
Just sayin :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

Happ, that is particularly true when the veggies come from my garden! Lol! I gotta say, I wasn’t going to call you out by name, but I was surely hoping you’d lend your thumbs up here. Thanks so much!

10 Likes

Smoke it. There is far worse in cigarettes, or some foods from the grocery store, or the air you breathe depending where you live.

9 Likes

Ok, I’m 3 for 3! Thank you for easing my mind, my friend! Hope your day is a perfect one!

9 Likes

Y’all, I have a couple small Mephisto plants I’m growing in FFOF in 3-gal pots outdoors. I’ve grown a few autos so far, and I’ve encountered a few challenges, as you’ve seen. The one common thread across all the plants is that I can’t seem to keep the big fan leaves healthy through flowering. The biggest fan leaves always dry up on me. Originally, I thought this was inevitable as the plant dedicated more energy to flowers, but I’ve seen plenty of auto growers avoid this fate. What can I do to keep my fan leaves vital and strong during flower?

Thanks for any perspectives you can share! Have a wonderful day!

11 Likes

Oops, I forgot to add that I’m feeding light Gen Hydro bloom nutes and watering with my rain water.

8 Likes

I think a lot of the reason you see big healthy beautiful leaves on other people’s auto flowers and not on yours because they cut them off before they take pictures. When the plant goes into the flower stage you are correct stating that they have a higher demand for nutrients and they pull it from the lower leaves. They want the food and they’re gonna get it from somewhere. So you can increase your nutrients a little bit of time till it stops happening or you can not worry about it and when they get dead trim them off. As long as your flowers look really good and you’re only losing a leave here and there and not all of them at the same time I believe you’re gonna be OK. :v:t3::+1:t3:

8 Likes

Are you getting those brown spots on all of the leaves that are turning?

Remove them ugly leaves that are real bad. It leaves a place for bad juju to grow. :+1:t3::v:t3:

8 Likes

Just don’t cut a bunch at one time. Autos don’t like that.

I cut off a few ugly ones here and there as they get bad.

Ha! I’m the dummy who doesn’t cut them off before I take pics…then everyone tells me I need to trim off the dead ones! :rofl:.

I wouldn’t worry about it, just bump your nutes a little bit like Hap said.

If it’s nearing the end of it’s life then it’s just a natural process anyway.

Your doing good, keep it up! :v:.

5 Likes

Happ, thanks for the encouragement! I waited a while to start feeding these plants my liquid nutes. I figured the FFOF was hot enough to wait for a while. Maybe I should have started sooner. Thanks for the advice on bumping the dose a bit! I’ll give it a shot and see if I retain more healthy leaves. :smile: Hope you’re having a good one!

5 Likes

I think those spots came about due to a couple periods of very wet weather we had a month or so ago. Some of my veggies got this kind of spotting, too, but it’s cleared up since the weather has improved.

6 Likes

These two are the first Mephistos I’ve grown, so I’m not too sure what to expect in terms of timeline. They’re plumping up now, though, so I’m probably within a few weeks. The forum stomper plant smells absolutely amazing to me. Really looking forward to that one!

5 Likes

@pbaker1111,

Partner that’s classic Alternaria…have you taken a look at hypochorous acid …if you haven’t ,…you may want to!!!

Good Luck!

6 Likes

That’s kind of what I was thinking. As Bob mentioned in the above post, I don’t know what to call that stuff I imagine you called a pathogen. It’s a virus or a mold or some shit. And that stuff that Bob is talking about is the latest greatest to treat this and any mold or bud rot problems you have. There is a thread on the forum on this specific product. Just type that long ass name in the search bar and you’ll find it. Unless of course one of the more organized regulars decide to tag you over there. Nacho, Bob etc. monkey… all y’all…:v:t3:

:thinking: … could that be more vague … 🫤

5 Likes

Alternaria! Damn it! It’s been suuuper humid a lot down here in SE Virginia. I appreciate you linking me to that thread, Nacho. Looks like I have another bottle to order! Anyone know if the acid can be used during flower to treat botrytis?

7 Likes

@TheMadFlascher will have to answer that question. But if it’s a fungus it will help. Mix up some hydrogen peroxide and distill or RO water and remove the infected leaves then apply the H2O2 mix every other day at dusk, for 3 applications if growing outdoors.

6 Likes

ABSOLUTELY.

Think of hypochlorous acid as hydrogen peroxide on STEROIDS!
Will immediately kill any bacterial/fungal infections.

When you get into late flower and believe you’re under Botrytis threat, you could use it at a reduced concentration as a preventative …

Thats where you can appreciate the advantage of the generator ($$$$$$)
OK!
Facts are in on the hypochlorous acid generator!

The Potassium carbonate is used for ocassional cleaning of the machine!
@ravenchief bewed up his first batch…

1 Liter R/O
2 gm kosher salt
1 tsp white vinegar
2 cycles (16 minutes on #3)
pH 5.4 (most likely a 200ppm concentration)

6 Likes

I’m a small-scale grower. Just a few outdoor plants. How much of this plant wash will I be using? I bought Agrowlyte plant wash before your most recent recommendation—hope that’ll work.

7 Likes

Ok folks, I have a couple of questions related to kief. I have “made” some from flower and trim using dry ice.

1. The kief is pretty darn strong when I use it as a “topping.” How much kief should be used in a batch of brownies?

2. I’m nearly out of flower and would like to barter w some of my kief. What would you think a fair trade would be?

As usual, thanks for any perspectives you can share. Hope you’re having a great day!

9 Likes