New Lights, Setting up a small Hydroponic System for this next grow

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank: Pacific Seed Bank
Media: Hydro

Strain (bagseed too): Blueberry
Indoor: Tent
Tent: AC Infinity 4x4
Lighting: IONFRAME EVO6, Samsung LM301H LED Grow Light, IONBEAM S16, Full Spectrum LED Supplemental Grow Light Bars, IONBEAM U2

Light height: 24 inches
Temps (day and night): Day= 75 f, night= 69 f
Relative Humidity (day and night) : Day 65% - Night 50 %
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) : Humidifier
Ventilation: 6 inch Exhaust Fan, 4 Inch Intake Fan
Pot sizes: 5 Gal
Nutrient type: Dakine 420
Ph numbers: 5.8/6.4
Ec and PPM: See post 31
Water Temps:
Co2: Exhale Bag

Seed germination date: 09 Aug 23
Veg duration: 30 days
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water): Continous flow, changed weekly

15 Likes

New AC Infinity IONFRAME EVO6, Samsung LM301H LED Grow Light.

IONBEAM S16, Full Spectrum LED Supplemental Grow Light Bars.

I plan on setting this Hydro Bucket up as an air pressure continuous feed system with a CPU power backup for the air pumps.

I’m still waiting on some equipment upgrades, and trying to make sure my heat and humidity are under control, and haven’t decided on a strain yet. I will probably go with Orange Crush or Blueberry since I have grown them successfully in the past. This will be my 2nd attempt at hydro, the 1st attempt ended really bad! Lol!

14 Likes

More upgrades to show.
Backup power for air pumps.

Hydrobucket setup.

I just ordered some dongles to daisy chain my circulation fans, lights and a Controller 69 Pro that will allow up to 6 hours of sunrise and sunset transition.

11 Likes

@nacho151 That is next level kind of gear! You’re gonna need a helmet and a reserve chute, Brotha…

8 Likes

Just finished checking the PPFD with an Apogee MQ-500 Light meter on my new lights. My readings at 100% at different heights were almost the same as their chart.

I then checked the readings at 24 Inches and the lights running at 30%, 50%, 80% and 100% without the Side lights on and with the side lights on. Here are my readings.

I am pretty happy with the consistent readings.

8 Likes

Anyone heard of Water Curing?

11 Likes

Yes I have. I’ve seen people do it quite a bit on another forum. I think the biggest benefit if you choose to do it is because you have mold. From what I understand you can save it. Me personally no thanks. Just the sheer volume of jars you would require. Bro science, that works kinda. You don’t see any commercial facilities doing it, that speaks volumes. :+1:t3::v:t3:

10 Likes

When I saw the video I thought it was a joke! I would be worried that it would cause mold or destroy your buds. I know I am just going to keep doing what I did in the past, it works for me.

7 Likes

Nice! How much was that power backup? It seems that would be 100000% necessary when using a hydro system. I wouldn’t want to lose power and my whole grow! Looks like you got everything dialed in :alien:

7 Likes

I think it was $175 on Amazon. It will supply 100 watts for an hour and 8 minutes. I figure I should be able to get at least 4 to 4.5 hours to run one air pump that draws 5 watts. I still need to test it.

8 Likes

@nacho151 No way I’m gonna even entertain the thought. I put entirely too much time and effort into my tiny grow to play around with that craziness.
enhanced-buzz-15057-1383155006-0

10 Likes

Yep. I understand! If it requires extra work or more time I avoid it!

8 Likes

@kapouic someone on the other forums did water cures with bud rot buds and it came out to be great smoke I guess. Lol. Was it @ravenchief maybe anyways it’s been done and said to work awesome.

7 Likes

Where is @ravenchief? He used to have cool videos.

6 Likes

I’m not sure his profile says last seen 26 June. He is probably busy! You can see when someone last posted or was on the site by searching their name and clicking on it and the persons profile pops up and will tell you when they last posted and the last time they seen on the forum. This is what you would see unless they set their profile to private.

8 Likes

It wasn’t me that did water cures. Not sure who.

@sdoyle
I’m sorry I haven’t been on here updating my journal I’m still growing. I belong to another forum that I had joined before. I recently took on added responsibilities of care for a family member, which makes by bandwidth and time somewhat more limited. I had to make some changes. But here is my garden as of yesterday

Thank you

13 Likes

I wish you the best with your added responsibilities. I always enjoyed your videos and selfishly missed them. Thank you for the update, I wish you the best of luck sir!

8 Likes

You are too kind. I consider it an honor to help a family member. I will try to make it back here more but if you are on instagram I make these in that platform because I love to make shorts and put them to music and it’s quick.

My page is @ravenchief1111
Thank you :pray:

9 Likes

A couple of more upgrades arrived today.

I forgot to take a picture of the Daisy Chain Dongle fro AC Infinity and installed it to my S6 Circulation Fans to open a space on the controller to run my side lights.
UPDATE Took a picture of the Daisy Chain Dongle.

10 Likes

I just finished setting up my new Controller 69 Pro WiFi and it is a pretty good upgrade so far. I’m waiting to see how the sun up and sundown transition works out. I have it setup for 1 hour for each, I want to note that the transition for both can be set for up to 6 hours for each phase coming on or off.

12 Likes