New Member - Craft Organic Micro Grower!

Hey hey everyone! I’m new to the forums but have been an underground grower for many years. I have always grown organic and I try and make as much of my inputs as I possible can using what nature provides (KNF for example).

I have 2x 2x4 grow closets (one for veg one for flower) with adjustable ventilation/exhaust ducting going up and out the attic with carbon filters. My lights are LEDS that I built myself. The flower tent has Samsung diode strips and 660nm and 720nm bloom strips totally 400w and 150w phillips LED chips and 50w Samsung royal strips in the veg tent.

Well thanks for reading and I’m glad to be here! Here is some pics of my current girls in flower :grin: iI

P.S. I hope to be pretty active on here so I hope you guys are too!

13 Likes

Welcome to the community.

5 Likes

Welcome mon!!! Good to see somebody in my realm:)) look forward to following!!

4 Likes

@syn what strain?

Are you in fabric pots? Anymore info on your soil mix?

6 Likes

Welcome to the GN community, lots of great people here. Have fun and looking forward to see more of these nice flowers!

4 Likes

Welcome to the network! I look forward to sharing with you

4 Likes

Yeah fabric pots. My soil mix is a Promix base with roughly 20% home made compost (mostly composted chicken manure from my flock and local kelp), 15-20% pumice, and a slew of amendments including basalt, oyster flour, kelp meal, fish meal, fish bone meal, crustacean meal, and bio live by DTE

Nowadays I pretty much just topdress my recycled soil with bio live from DTE when it needs refreshing. That stuff is fantastic

5 Likes

I’m currently running tropicanna cookies f2 x critical purple(fantastic), black DOG Kush by Humboldt, and a blueberry cheesecake x super lemon haze SCROG

5 Likes

Welcome to GN :muscle:

3 Likes

Solid mix. I don’t have any experience with those strains, but sounds good!

I’ve never checked out bio live, I will now.

My last year grow was outdoors, no till. I’m doing no till this year indoors.

5 Likes

Just checked bio live. Looks good, I’ll probably just use a bacterial/fungal inoculant in conjunction with the organic amendments I have.

6 Likes

What soil do you use or planning to use?

1 Like

@docdre I mentioned my soil mix in a reply above :blush:

2 Likes

This is one of the most recent pictures of the Black DOG Kush by Humbolt. She’s SOLID with great color but slightly lacking in the terpene scent department. Super easy to grow and SUPER fast veg

2 Likes

This is the most recent pipic of the Tropicanna Cookies F2 x Critical Purp (taken with my crappy phone)

She’s SUPER LOUD with big tower colas that are slowly fading purple which you can’t see in pictures through the frost. Time will tell how much she bulks up

These plants are about 40 days since flip

4 Likes

Sorry the question was ment for @aaa.

2 Likes

@docdre I currently am using a supersoil and have amended with bio char and “Coots” mix from Build A Soil. Plus I added rice hulls and lava rock.

Here is the supersoil recipe:

Supersoil v.2

1/4 Recipe

2 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)

1 cu ft. organic worm castings

1.25lbs or 20 ounces steamed bone meal

1.25lbs or 20 ounces bloom bat guano

1.25lbs or 20 ounces blood meal

12 ounces rock phosphate

8 ounces kelp meal

8 ounces alfalfa meal

4 tablespoons Epsom Salts

2 table spoon feather meal

1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons sweet lime (dolomite)

1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons azomite (trace elements)

1 tablespoon insect frass

1 tablespoon powdered humic acid

1 tablespoon powdered fulvic acid

1 tablespoon recharge

1 teaspoon mychorizae powder

10-32 oz cups coarse perlite

Here is the link to the “Coots” mix:

5 Likes

@aaa Thanks for the summary of your soil. I’m always interested in other people’s mixes. What they use is more important (interesting) to me then how much they use. I add my Myco and Bone meal when I transplant to my final bucket.

2 Likes

Nice. I’m going to be running 2- 2’x4’ fabric raised beds and will be on the no till regimen.

Looking to do a SOG of clones but need to pheno hunt for mothers first.

3 Likes

What pheno’s are you looking for?

2 Likes