New member first grow diary

Good day to you all. I have two autos,cream candy, growing along with two regular seeds, cereal milk and a random, and I just would like to know how I’m doing, possible changes I should do. My regulars are on week 5 going into week 6 and I’m wondering should I flip the switch, aka the hours, or wait more. I’m not worried about the autos schedule because well… They’re autos and they’ll do whatever they want anyway. I have have done my research on growing but knowledge won’t compare to experience sometimes. My grow tent is 24x24x48 and I have 4 lants, I know small space for 4 plants, but so far they all have gotten along. What would be my possible yield for a space like this and how can I calculate the height of my plants.

here’s each plants journey up to thus far. I have not used Tiger Bloom yet for I haven’t reached that stage but am excited to see how it plays per strain. Again any recommendations are welcome. P.S I just checked the date on my first week of autos and they are a week behind the regulars

6 Likes

Hi @tygergrowx , welcome to GN and thank you for sharing. Looks like you well onto your way to a good harvest. I would leave the regulars for a bit longer, until they get about 2 foot in height until you flip to shorter hours. I see you are already training the plants which is a great and sure you know the benefits. Hard to say what yield you will get, different strains, growing conditions and also environment. Guys used to say 1 gram per watt of light is a good gauge for yield under HID lamps, not to sure what the going rate is now under LED, most probably the same.

5 Likes

Thank you for the feedback @chrisj. Glad to hear that I’m doing well so far. Been a very fun journey so far me and a fun experience. I will keep in mind to wait until their around 2 feet in height to flip the switch on them.

3 Likes

I’m a newbie too. I’ll say I made a mistake of waiting till about 1’ in height to switch and ended up w 4 footers in a 6’ tent. Grew into hps lights. Light height was maxed out and bent and trained all I could before I snapped anything. Even super cropped. So beware, the stretch is real.

8 Likes

Thank you for his information. What week did you switch?

2 Likes

Welcome, fellow newbie here too. I was going to wait until 2 feet tall to flip , I flipped at about 16 inches and now shes 37inches tall at the largest cola. Thank gosh preybird told me to flip early…

3 Likes

What week did you switch? Also do you have a diary you started so I follow your journey as well?

3 Likes

random indica seed doing well for itself I must say ever since that early stunt, cream candy has been slow pacing behind bubblegum surpassed cream candy cereal milk starting to branch more

4 Likes

I switched 6 days from being 2 months out the ground.

4 Likes

Use that Humidifier to keep your levels high. I do know what you mean with the foggy part. Let it fog out then turn it off. Give it a fake dew point😎.I used from seedling to halfway through veg, cause it was getting too humid🥲. Switched over to the dehumidifier at and the levels stay from 55-65. I’m about to Start using open sesame for the rest of veg then switching to another fox farm product. Time to Amp up the npk!

2 Likes

Alrighty here’s an update on the plants. Switched my feed to Fox Farm Open Sesame and I’m seeing quick results happening. 6 full weeks on the myster and cereal milk. Cereal milk still hasn’t flourished like I’d like but maybe she’s a slow bloomer. Haven’t been able to find much info on the grow for it.

Onto the autos, bubblegum is becoming my baby meanwhile cream candy playing games but I know she’ll come around sooner or later. Anyways hope everyone day is well.

6 Likes

cereal milk starting to move more after switching feeds. myster is flourishing day by day new branches appear. bubblegum picking up well not gonna lie, I was rooting for the cream candy but I know that yield ain’t gonna be nothing lol. This is what happens when you burnout an auto seedling. Don’t be like me hehehe

4 Likes

The next day prior to the pervious pictures, I fed all my plants and then boom. Mystery Betsy was not happy at all with it. Brought some sadness to me but I have faith she’ll get better. A few leaves give me hope

Cereal milk is gradually branching like I want it to so I’m leaving it be as I should

Pistils have finally appeared in my bubblegum auto so yall know what that means

Even though she was hurt early, she’s still the first to lead the way and still bring me the most excitement, cream candy

3 Likes

Poor Betsy.

1 Like

Yea she’s gonna get alone time. We need our space for the next few days. I take her hint

2 Likes

I missed my Friday update so here we go today. Also hope everyone who reads this has a wonderful day. Let’s start with mystery Betsy. She is still upset and still not being bothered like the other ladies.

as you can see I also flipped the switched causethisis a project meant to be done by the end of May, not a full term grow. Anyways moving to the cereal milk. She had taken the place of Betsy and showing well. the bubblegum has Pistils pushing out so I’m excited to see how they push for me. ! 16186797772442000557000295721406|236x500 now it’s time for my favorite and the strongest lady of the bunch. Cream Candy have me much faith for she started stunted and is the for to show her Pistils so I’m celebrating for that and she is the most appreciative of my love seeing what she went through early.

If anyone has any recommendations or tips, I’m hear for all knowledge on my journey plus when the time comes, cause of my location, possible partnerships

You have any possible ideas to help bring Betsy back happy? I went to get FF Comeback Formula to blend with Bush doctors kelp me kelp you for assistance and I have a tiny feed yesterday. My big leaves have drooped hard but the tinier ones give some hope I don’t have the experience you do so tell me, is she gonna make it. Just give it to me straight

1 Like

Can you post a picture of the plant in natural light so we can see the leaves?

Is Betsy an auto?

1 Like

Betsy is not an auto. She is a mystery seed for me

I can’t tell if new leaves are branching in or not

2 Likes

Great pic.

Here’s my 2 cents. Betsy is overwatered. She also is showing signs of nitrogen deficiencies.

Save these pics that I sent. Save them twice.

Since I’m not familiar with your soil or your water or your nutes, I’m gonna tell you to Get That Plant Out of That Pot that it’s in and stick it in a fabric pot with more dry soil. And this might not make sense, but water/feed it right away with some nutes to give it some green. Then, let it dry out for a few days and start feeding it like you’re feeding your other plants. They all look great. I’m blaming that damn pot it’s in now. If she’s a photo, I have no doubt Betsy can recover in a week (or two) and keep on vegging until yo’re ready to flip her.

There might be a ph imbalance, or some weird nutes thing that I don’t know nothing about.

Let’s ask someone smarter than me. @LoCoRocK @repins12 @bow4buck @chrisj @defnsmokn @Enlightened420 @happilyretired @happyhippy @Jimhigh66 @KevGrows

Can we get a 2nd Op on my Dx? Thanks!

8 Likes