New member first grow diary

I agree, shes really wet and really hungry. What kind of drainage you got in that pot? Looks like maybe a 5 gal bucket?

4 Likes

Lolz, i just re read my post. I agree with @OlyBoy, she needs nitrogen for sure

2 Likes

Thank you for these images. They will be very resourceful for me. At the least for the time, I did a little aeration for her. Roots are still looking healthy so that was a good sign. I will grab another fabric pot or two for the just in case

2 Likes

After a quick re read through… im not sure if shes in need of actual food but rather maybe PH imbalance, causing a lock out. Do you have any way of checking the ppms or PH of your plants or water?

4 Likes

Too wet. Let it dry out. When it looks droopy give it a little bit of water and a radius around the plant away from the main stock. All the yellow leaves that I scribbled on in red are goners. Once a leaf is damaged it never heals. It just stays how it is till it dies. Where I circled in green is all nice lush healthy growth. Don’t overthink it. Are you in soil? That is some thing that we need to know I did not see it anywhere.
Sidenote here it was mentioned earlier to let your plants get 2 foot tall before you flip your lights, I don’t believe the suggestion was made with the knowledge that your tent is only 4 foot. You need to be 18 to 24 inches away from your lights when your plants are in full bloom. :+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes

It is a 5gal Ariana planter with a grid on the bottom with drainage holes but I’ve never watered to where water drained, yet at least. I did purchase pH balance before I started the project but it says it’s for hydroponics and never messed around with ph stuff other than but I do have a ph control kit, for hydroponics. Will this work to check? Again I never really messed with it so I’m a novice with it

3 Likes

Do you recommend I pluck all the yellow leaves or just allow them to die off?I shall keep that in mind and lower the light to a more appropriate height

2 Likes

this is what I have

4 Likes

No don’t lower your light. What I am saying is your plant and your pot combined probably shouldn’t get higher than 2 feet when in full flower. So you are in soil of some kind yes?

3 Likes

I think those leaves are gonners. Notmally, I don’t suggest defoliating, but they won’t be photosynthesyzing any more. Snip them off.

4 Likes

Oh ok understood and yes I’m using fox farm ocean foam

1 Like

Leaves have been plucked.

1 Like

Thank you all for the help so far. I always like to remember it takes a village to raise a child and yall are a part of my village😁

3 Likes

Ocean forest is very hot soil so stop giving nutrients. Maybe a little Cal Meg every now and again but you shouldn’t need to give nutrients until you’re in flower
But your pH is very important. I don’t know what your little test kit is you have there it might work it might not. I use Apria pH and PPM meters. They seem to be very good quality for the mid range price. I hear a lot of complaints about the $20 ones. Occasionally I hear someone say they got one that works fine but not very often. If you do buy an inexpensive one make sure you buy the test solution to go with it so you can check it often.

5 Likes

I went ahead and ordered me one and hopefully comes sooner than later.

2 Likes

Relax. You’ll be fine.
The main things not to get excited.
Knee-jerk reactions can make a bad problem worse. Common sense usually prevails you will acquire that with experience.

4 Likes

I concur, she is in a deficient state either from the soil, or overwatering :v:

3 Likes

Looks like the Super Growing Friends have you covered @tygergrowx.
Give her a week or two to have her back on track.
Will look forward to seeing your end result.
:fist:

2 Likes

I went by the garden store today and got the rapidtest®️ soil 4 in 1 tester. I checked all my plant soils and the ph is around 6.5, all are moist side, receives a decent amount of light, here’s my tricky part. It also test fertility and all my plants say they have too little. What is my next step you recommend I do?

2 Likes

I believe that what you have there is more for the person that has a couple of house plants. Just keep an eye on your plants for now and save up until you can get a decent pH tester. You do not need to worry about PPM if you are in soil. Just watch your plants they will tell you when they are hungry. And then just start feedingThem. 6.5 is a good target for your pH in soil if that thing you are using is accurate you are good there but I would not feed those plants until they look hungry. Their color will get less sharp they will look like they have a hangover. When they get dry they get droopy, when they’re hungry they change color a little bit.Just relax and watch. Give them water pH at 6.5 if possible when they need water other than that I wouldn’t give them anything until they ask for it.Do yourself a favor and post one picture of each plant every day. It makes it easier to compare. To see the changes.

4 Likes