New member first grow diary

I bought one of those last week, but moisture only, and my medium is constantly in the Dry zone (1-3 on the scale)…I brought it up into Moist (4-6) once and my plant hated it!!! I’ve learned that going over 3 means my medium is actually too wet :man_shrugging: it is now relegated to being a secondary tool for confirmation.

4 Likes

Thank you for this very detailed information. Moments like this stick with me forever and the knowledge will be put to good use

2 Likes

Mine stays at a 3-4 for all plants. All the plants have the same treatment so it was a bummer with Betsy but it’s ok she will get her healing hopefully

2 Likes

Also because you told me to, I’m taking pictures every day so I can watch the journey better. Starting with the bubblegum auto: so short but branching strong and more pistils appear

Next is the cream candy auto. First to sprout, first to get stunted and first to hit a strong stretch. Definitely surpassed all other plants with height and the bud sites are at strong points

Next is the Cereal milk regular. Now would be the time to know if I have a male or femaleso I need a second judgement for sure

Last but not least is Betsy. All I have to say is I don’t know. I still have faith somewhat🥲

6 Likes

Would be best if you used your flash or even better turn off your lights and then take a flash shot. It’s hard to see the color of the plant when it’s glowing pink. :+1:t3:

5 Likes

You will LOVE the Bubblegum Autos.
Found a couple pics of mine.

5 Likes

That is awesome! I would also recommend dating your posts when you upload daily pictures with updates. When you look back on this journal in a year or so, you will be able to pinpoint your key dates much easier. It’s just a little extra work now, but it’ll pay off big time when you try to remember stuff on future grows.

4 Likes

Just a reach here but I might be able to help. Had a couple of those pots laying around and used one to start with. Plant was sick looking and couldn’t figure it out.

Holes in the bottom on that pot lets water drain to a lower chamber (saucer built in). Soil can clog the holes not allowing it to drain proper. I drilled a few holes in the bottom right into the roots and water came running out. In these pics as I look tru them, your healthy plants all look to be in fabric pots. Drill some holes or transfer to fabric I bet she will grow…:grin::v::call_me_hand:

7 Likes

You have a good point about that. My apologies. I am curious about the cereal milk. What’s your gender judgement?

1 Like

You have my hype for mine. I must wait but can’t wait at the same time

2 Likes

Went ahead and switch Betsy to a fabric pot. And the soil was very moist and never drained

4 Likes

Here’s a better light pic of cream candy and the cereal milk

3 Likes

Very cool. Give here a few days to recover and treat it like the others you should be good…

Noticed these spots in a pic. You may have bigger problems. Id inspect the underside of those leaves with loupe or microscope and start thinking about pest management. Looks like the start of mites maybe.

2 Likes

It’s not looking good but I’d give it a little longer and make sure.

2 Likes

I suspect that cereal milk to be a male. Not showing yet for sure but I have a feeling. Keep an eye on it you’ve got plenty of time to figure it out still.

2 Likes

I believe that happened from accidental feed landing on the leaf. It is the unfortunate reason why Cream candy was stunted early

1 Like

That’d be unfortunate but I understand it’s nothing to be sad about. Better to know early than later. Still crossing my fingers though

1 Like

Came to find that the cereal milk was a male so it’s gonna be q house plant until he passes. Cream Candy is looking lovely as always though

Bubblegum has chosen to stay short and I’ve accepted that

I’m going to take care of Betsy until her last breath. The journey was most definitely learning
One more shot of cream candy height because I’m still shocked after the early stunt

4 Likes

Forgot to post yesterday but here’s another week of growth making week 8 for Betsy, who’s still holding on, and week 7 for the autos. Bubblegum still on the healthy side. Still sprouting more nodes

Next is the cream candy who had a growth stunt in the beginning but that did not stop her from gaining height. She stands tall and happy
Last but not least. Gotta love her fighting spirit so I’m not giving up until the last leaf

5 Likes

Remind me again what you are feeding her? Looking better…

The plant is young and I see some burnt tips. If I’m in flower I like burnt tips, means I’m pushing the plant. At this stage it might be to much. Whatever feed you are giving her, I’d cut it in half for a few feedings. Pluck the dead and dieing leaves, there doing the plant no good at this point. :grin:

3 Likes