New Run MultiStrain

Hey guy, welcome to my new thread where I’ll be posting all my updates for my next run. Check out my old thread “Would This Be Consider A Male” and follow along here as I take on this next run thanks…

So this time around I’m using Og, Gelato 44, gelato 14, Always Bubba, GG(Gorilla glue) and also testing seeds from my last run to see what I get…

Germinating in rock wool starter cubes using PhD tap water I let it sit out for 24 hrs then PhD it then soak my cubes … I have a heated pad temperatures slightly cooler than expected but we will see what we get…

As always til next time you guys leave some thoughts on this next run

13 Likes

Just curious, Anybody else here grow Or germ in rock wool ??? #grow-from-home:introduce-yourself :sweat_smile: #icantbetheonly1

5 Likes

I never have… Always papertowel method then straight into solo cup but I’m definitely curious and watching how they turn out for you @budtender803 !! :call_me_hand::seedling::herb::palm_tree:

5 Likes

I believe @devjyarn grows in rockwool

5 Likes

Yeah @docee I’m growing in rockwool too.

Just finished week 6.

10 Likes

@devjyarn These are beastly beautiful :eyes::eyes::muscle:t5::muscle:t5::muscle:t5::muscle:t5: Great work… there I hope my run can resemble this here

5 Likes

Yeah I saw a couple guys do the directly into cube method decided to try it for myself… every method I’ve seen mixed results but never disappointing ones…

3 Likes

I myself usually use jiffy pellets. But I do everything the same as you have for your Rockwool. I have recently started soaking my seeds for 24hrs then put them into pellets on top of heat mat. My last round I had 100% start. Even the really small light ones.

5 Likes

It’s day 3 of germination, i didn’t take a pic not much to see there some of the beans have popped I did remove the dome to allow air circulation it’s not very warm right now so the heating mat is doing what it can… for now I’m just waiting for the little ones to pop out

6 Likes

Out curiosity I went back to check on the little boogers, my first post was made about 3 hrs after I checked them abt 8am this morning here it is 1:30 and I can see a the Tao roots pushing up I wondering if I should go ahead turn in my led veg light… or is it too soon ? The ones with the holes still closed didn’t appear to had popped so I left them covered

8 Likes

Back today and we have sitings of new life. They are popping up slowly I think im going to have like a 70% - 65% germination rate but looking good Nonetheless… I’ll have all these label correctly in a few days That gelato 41 is supposed to say 44 moving around has been a hassle with all this Covid-19 mess going on… but yeah so as you can see some have started to pop up no true leafs yet but I end up opening some of the wholes and notice that tap roots were out but the seedlings were having trouble pushing through. Which brings me to the question, will seedlings eventually grow strong enough to push through the rockwool cube or any median without any help? I’ve seen plants grow through concrete so I’m sure it should be able to push a lil poorly pack rockwool out the way who knows. In other news I did go ahead and turn my led light on it’s a 1200w full spectrum light with veg and bloom settings… so im guessing the output is about lil less half of that Is advertised… this run I’ll be investing in a light meter so if you have any suggestions there please lmk or post the links here… speaking of meters I’m eye this PH meter also I’ve done enough ph by eye and color matching lol I think my accuracy there will improve with the meter… so suggestions on those lmk or post the link here… so they are only getting distill PhD water at the moment as the cubes dry back the heating mat is still on and we are rocking out… always thank you guys for tuning in check out these pics below and til next time happy growings…

7 Likes

Yoo what’s up guys it’s Friday and I have a short update & pics for you guys…

So more have sprouted up not gone lie I was worried :anguished: for a sec. but they are slowly popping up looking at a 60-50% germ rate I notice a few tap roots didn’t get any longer don’t know if there’s a problem there or not… but will see what happens as for the others they are scratching out first set of leaves starting to appear… for future preferences if I’m popping seeds I think I’ll just soak them in water Or paper towel method to get a tap root b4 putting them in any med. I actually like to see what’s happening there, also I didn’t like how some of the seedlings kinda got stuck in the hole instead of pushing upward… maybe that’s my fault who knows but we still rocking so here’s my pics

Not the best angles but just trying to show what’s doing on…

8 Likes

Looks good to me good :+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

Okay guys here we are day 6 since germination bout to wrap up week 1, so Majority of all my beans popped except for 3…

/original/3X/4/6/468f767ccbff9b3fb662fc3ba3f5f837fe2308f8.MP4

Here’s a good look at the hopefully gals getting off to a decent start some better than others but we are rocking out right now they are getting only water When needed and about 18 hrs of light my dome is off and the fan is going… thanks for tuning in & as always happy growings

6 Likes

Hey guys here with the latest on my run her are some shots to look at not much to talk about here :sweat_smile: yet… I do want to point out again I started w 21 beans all but 3 have sprouted, so I thought turns out 1 of the 3 that didn’t sprout actual did it was just stuck in the hole as you see in my poor quality picture nun the less the first 7 days down plenty more to go…

8 Likes

Hi guys welcome back to my grow. I have a short video today. It’s day 3 of week 2 (day 10) from seed so that should put me right at 8 or 9 days from sprout. Basically I’m wondering is there anything at this point that I should be looking out for… they have stretched a good bit I think my led light may be abt 1-3 ft from the top of the seedlings… they are still only getting PhD Tap water that has just been siting out… in noticing a slight red in the stems hoping that goes away. Don’t know what causing it right now but will keep an eye on it…

Well video won’t upload file to big it’s only 19 seconds long tho Idk :man_shrugging:t5:

As always pls feel free to chime in with opinions and thoughts and happy growing.

6 Likes

An easy way to share your video, if you have a YouTube account, is to upload them to YouTube first and then share the link to your video in your journal. That way you have no size constraints… :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Link to the video from earlier on my new new YouTube channel :sweat_smile: got that straightened out now https://youtu.be/-v3SYCoEqPQ

2 Likes

Also, you may want to try to put your link on a separate line, add an empty line between your link and the previous phrase, and make sure the link starts on the left margin with no space before it. Normally you should then have the preview to your link… :nerd_face:

Oh and nice video by the way! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Definitely noted I thought I had done that… but I’m doing everything from my phone while doing auto body work :sweat_smile: trying to multi task is going slightly okay

3 Likes