New tent, office moved to other end of the coal room

I knew Amber, she was pretty cool.

6 Likes

Actually it’s all mixed up, and probably only about 1-2% amber, there are still lots of clear and a bunch of milky white. That’s why Im gonna flush them again and let them go two or three more days.

Marty

5 Likes

The Amber I knew was a podium model, she worked the car shows. Met her when I was a car salesman in the late 70’s. She was how do you say it psycho. But very beautiful.

Marty

4 Likes

Took another down today and trimmed her up. This was my biggest plant. Took me from 9 am till 2pm to de-leaf and trim her up. Now the drying starts, then into the brown paper bags for the cure.

Marty

12 Likes

Man thats some gorgeous bud right there :clap:

8 Likes

Thanks! Yours is gorgeous too! Just different colors lol. Wish I could have gotten the clones to reveg. This really good smoke and this was a monster plant twice as much bud as any of the other 5. Good stuff but shrinks down to nothing, only got 2.5 oz off first two.

6 Likes

I try and feed at 75% of what they recommend when in using dakine420. Less is always more.

4 Likes

Prey…i hear that. The Dakine is strong. When I had to flush twice in a row when they started burning leaves, the PPM was off the charts at full strength. I also have a notion that because I was using 7 gal pots they wern’t able to use all the nutes up and it kept building. I always watered to runoff, but they were so healthy, I got lazy and didn’t ppm my runoff. Won’t make that mistake again. I lost about a good week and a half of good growth at the middle of flower when that happened so I know I screwed the pooch on the size of the buds.

Marty

4 Likes

Well it’s now official, I love the paper bag method of curing buds, for me at least, I didn’t even have to burb them although I did open them daily and check the progress. They dried nicely, but best of all, and unlike my last two grows, they retained that yummy flavor and smell. All I did was buy a 50 pack of grocery sized brown paper bags off Amazon, cut my bud to size (of the width of the bags) and stack them in putting the large part of the stem with buds every other way when I loaded them. Worked great, the paper slowly lost the moisture so no mold, and it only took a week, now I will say because of my low yeild per plant I only had about 6" in the bottom of the bag full of buds on stems, I did reach in and flip them upside down a couple of times so half the time on the top and half the time on the bottom. Now I’m gonna jar them up with one Boveda pack in each jar.

Marty

6 Likes

Fan-fuggin-tastic work Marty! :tada::green_heart::fire::fire::fire::fire::ok_hand:
Tried looking back but got lost lol, are those the nugz the 10th Planet?

3 Likes

No the entire 10 pack of 10th Planet died in birth. This is Orange Kush Cake by Ethos. Really good smooth tasty smoke. Just doesn’t make dense buds. Thanks!

Marty

6 Likes

Damn that sucks. I missed watering on my goji crasher. Been a week and shes finally coming around.

3 Likes

Damn sorry that really sucks about the 10th’s pack :-1:

Those OKC buds look yummy AF though :raised_hands: if someone came to hang and opened up a jar with buds like that…:flushed: #partytime #martytime :tada:

Only critique is why have you not posted those in the “Show us your bud pics” thread? Some mad disrespect to the GN community by withholding those beauties! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::pray::v::green_heart:

3 Likes

Cause I just took the pic last night ?? LOL. And I have tons of pictures on my grow log.

Marty

3 Likes

Point exactly, you had an ENTIRE night to post them there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: total sarcasm in that comment btw, i’m happy to drop in here anytime for the updates and free refreshments :v::green_heart:

4 Likes

Hey, Marty, I wanted to ask you if you put your bud in the bags right from chop or do you hang them for a while first?

3 Likes

Hung them in the mostly dark cold basement from a line with stainless clothes pins, basement is right now about 50 degrees, when they snap when you bend them, is when I bagged them. I put them in the grocery bag, then put another grocery bag on that one from the top. It’s kinda neat the farther you slide the second bag down the bottom bag the slower the dry as the farther down you slide it, it creates more or less double layer on the two bags. The brown paper keeps most of the light out, but also breaths and releases the moisture, some probably like a slower cure than that. My total time to a smokable dry was only a little over a week, but also these particular buds were fluffy so didn’t take as long for them to dry as a hard nug.

Marty

7 Likes

Got two still growing, these girls are just amazing the amount of frost. Can’t believe they discontinued this cultivar. Maybe because of the fluffy buds?

This is with my Nikon, the orenintation isn’t wrong, they are now all laying flat on the net.

Not complaining lol.

Marty

11 Likes

Well as any of you that read my posts know I was looking for a true trellis elastic net for a 5x5 tent, not one made for a 3x3 and stretch it all out of shape making it mostly useless. Anyway I found one YIPPEE!! Secret Jardin makes one with hooks for a 5x5 tent, I got two of them for a lower/upper support system. $26 bucks each from Ebay. They also have it on Amazon same seller. They have a lot of other sizes as well and designed for that size tent not a one size fits all thing. I was looking at the tents too. They are kinda pricey, but they have really come out with a lot of innovations over the other tents that you see. They have a modular air intake that doesn’t let light in. And then they have a “put it where you want it” air exhaust port that you can change the size of the port from 4 to 6 inches with twist on adapters. And they also make a trellis with bars to keep the sides of the tents from getting sucked in with your exhaust fan. And having used a Jardin for over 5 years with zero problems with light leaks and or zippers I know they make a good tent.

Just some info if anyone else was looking for stuff that is actually made for the size tent they have.

Marty

4 Likes

Gorgeous Pics, Nice job!
My dslr takes too high of resolution and the upload compression makes mine look way squirrelly, same with this s21 phone.

3 Likes