New tent, office moved to other end of the coal room

Yep mine are starting to fall over too. Where did you get the 4 way corners? I have gotten them before, but you might have a better source. Never hurts to check.

Thanks
Marty

3 Likes

Marty,
I’m sure hap will answer you, but the 4 way PVC fittings are readily available at irrigation or sprinkler supply houses catering to ag or landscape customers…

We have 2 nearby Chico Sprinkler and Durham Pump…probably not going to find them in your local hardware store…you could always Amazon them as a last resort…

1 Like

Indeed, I like the short fatties over the tall skinny stretchies.

…hmmmm … think think think…oh shit I’m on fire.

So If I purposefully dump my PPMs from say 1200 to 600(theoretically), I can stunt the vegetative growth a little? So I could possibly use this to manipulate stretch, or not recommended.

2 Likes

I found all the pipe and the pipe fittings at Home Depot for final price that I put you above. I’m not gonna do the legwork for you so you’re gonna have to look up those parts right down there correct name and call your local plumbing store or irrigation supply. I live in farmland we have a huge well not huge but fairly big store that does irrigation. I just bought boxes of everything for future changes. I bought four boxes for the same price or less than just the parts are needed on the corners from Home Depot from Home Depot.

OK
100 feet of three-quarter inch pipe $6.46 for 10 feet= $64.60
8 - tees… $.68 EA =…———————————— ——-$5.44
4 - Side out 90°… $2.93 EA…———————————$11.72
8 - four way T’s… A bag of 8=…——————————-$23.46
2 -cross fittings…=…————————————————$4.72
PCV glue=————————————————————$10.00
Home Depot grand total for the frame ———————-$119.94

Harbor freight…
7 - 3/16 fiberglass wire running kit 35 feet $8.99 EA = —-$63.00
Five minute epoxy —————————————————$2.00
—————————————————————$$$$$$$185.12 + tax

That’s all I got.:man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Well, depends on the growth stage of the plant!
Reducing nutrient in veg will limit vegetative growth but you do it by ‘sickening’ the plant. It of course is going to get ugly with nutrient deficiencies…if you reduce it once you have bud present you hammer your yield.
I think the important thing here would be maximizing your veg growth, but using topping,fimming,etc to structure your growth for maximum bud sites…if you have a genetic predisposition for stretch, you’re not going to overcome it so you would be best served by managing it to the best of your ability.

It’s somewhat consistent that the ‘stretch’ always slows when your buds start filling. Again, this is controlled by GENETICS and if genetics dictate that there is a poor transfer of nutrients to the bud then your vegetative (stretch) will continue and your only option is to don’t grow that BITCH again!!

3 Likes

Gotcha, My brain went on the If it can do X, It could be manipulated to do the opposite of X or take advantage of the opposite benefits. But makes sense after thinking on it for 10, it is only a plant, not a machine. I cant pump the breaks, feather the throttle and jam it and still get a wheel stand out of it.
I’ve not gotten to experiment with mine yet, I was already budding, by the time I collected myself.
I keyed in on the “Stretch” and “minimal”… and my brain went Scooby Doo “Huuuhh”.

2 Likes

I got Scooby snacks seeds…

4 Likes

LOL, love the analogy!!!
I guess the equivalent in plants is that you may get ‘sideways’, or overboost and blow that blower right through the hood !

BTW looking forward to working with you in your next grow!!

Damn, I do hope a scatter shield contingency won’t be a issue with you !!! :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I did just have a Tranny plant, cant have that tranny coming through the trans tunnel and sitting in your lap. :eyes:

For real: I’ll behave until I know more about the product and how the plants react, before I experiment.

6 Likes

Damn Hap, didn’t expect yu to do that. I might be be a lot of things but not lazy. Anyway that is interesting, cause a while back i’m gonna say two to three years ago, HD did not have any of those 4 way tees or some of the other fittings that I needed when I built my little seedling box. But they do now. THANKS !! I used all PVC for that too, along with some snap on pvc clips to hold the mylar on the frame at the two front corners. I just thought you might know of another place, because back then HD didn’t have them around here. So I ordered everything online from a place that carried everything furniture grade PVC for building nice looking outdoor stuff for your patio. Thanks again.

Marty

4 Likes

You can order it online all at the Home Depot and they will have it there waiting for you when you’re ready to pick it up or when it all shows up if they don’t have it and they’ll even help you load it if need be.

5 Likes

Hey Hap, the battery went out on my jewelers loupe, just got some new ones in and installed them, with the bright light, they are a lot eaiser to see, and I got at least a week to go, most are still clear. Without the light they looked cloudy. I did see a few amber in there, but I bet that happened when the nutes got too strong before I flushed twice in a row and got them back on track.

Marty

2 Likes

Ok I just plucked a bud that had displayed zero new pistols for a few days, some of the bigger ones at the top still have a few (sparse) white pistols. What does everyone think? I like a fun up buzz with pain killing effects, not couch lock. Do ya all think it’s time to chop them in a day or two?

First time I used the WiFi microscope so excuse the piss poor quality, the stand that came with it is rink-e-dink and almost impossible to press the button and keep it still enough to not take blurry pics.

Here is the bud I took the closeups from.

Here is my shitty closeups.

10 Likes

I’m not real big on Amber. That is absolutely perfect. It’s like 99.9% milky…PERFICT…:+1:t3:

6 Likes

Hap that’s what I thought too, that bud was a little ways down the plant, for some reason the top buds are behind the lower ones, so I’m gonna give ‘em’ a few days to get like this. It’s only the one plant, the others have a week or maybe a little more to go. I’m gonna pluck all the lower ones that look like this tomorrow.

Thanks for you input much appreciated!

Marty

4 Likes

Well, I cut the first of six down this afternoon and cleaned most of the largest leaves off.

When I got this one out, I took a snap of what was behind it.

Marty

8 Likes

Check your PM…
What’s next? Do you have some thing started?

2 Likes

Got it and you have it. :ok_hand: :+1: Naw, noting started haven’t got these out of the tent yet still got a couple weeks I’m figuring. Might start some new beans in about a week.

Thanks !
Marty

3 Likes

Now that I have a big hole in the front of the tent, and I can see in a little bit, found a really frosty one way down in the dark. It’s pale green, but is really pretty.

It belongs to the plant the least done. This one. But it’s starting to move along pretty quick now too.

Marty

7 Likes

Ok the time is nigh…chop chop. Got about 5% amber now. Gonna flush one more time today, then on Wed/Thu gonna chop.

Marty

9 Likes