New tent, office moved to other end of the coal room

Well gonna go vaccumn all the nutes out of the carpet, and dump all the loose stuff and clean up the bottles …

Marty

5 Likes

Hey, you can sure keep those and use them in your veggie garden, if nothing else !!!

4 Likes

I don’t use any chemical fertilizers in my outdoor garden, 100% Organic, I make my own compost, mulch all my leaves and grass from the backyard every fall and put a 2 ft deep layer on the garden and the rest in my compost barrels and then throw coffee grounds and anything organic from the kitchen in them all year long, plus all the plants I tear out of the garden in the fall. One shovel full of dirt out of my garden has about 50 worms in it, been doing this for years, made the mistake of putting chemical nutes on my garden one year cause I got lazy and didn’t mulch it and compost it one year, killed all my worms and made the ground hard as a rock, so don’t put them on any more ever. Took 5 years to get it back to where it was before I did that.

Marty

6 Likes

All taken care of.

4 Likes

Today was the last of the BBP applications…appropriately on Christmas eve. You just gotta know this is gonna be some kinda special lol…least I sure hope so !!

Doused them down real good, gonna spray them down with water tomorrow and help it soak the rest of the way into the leaves, then on water day Monday…I’m going to pull em out of the tent and chop the crap outta the undercarriage, it is so thick they are all starting to droop and die off anyway. Some of these have branches that have like 30 sub branches on them… crazy branching.

Pretty much gonna get off here for the rest of Christmas, and wanted to say Merry Christmas to all my fellow growers on here may your holidays be blessed and bright !!

Two weeks flower today.

Merry Christmas ALL !!

Marty

9 Likes

Wanted to update the progress on the Dakine nutes that were damaged. Dakine ALREADY shipped a complete new Pro pack out the door and on the way to me. FANTASTIC SERVICE. Gonna have the whole set complete on the 3rd of January ! Can’t beat that with a stick. If their nutes are half as good as their service I am gonna be a very happy camper !

Marty

7 Likes

With the Dakine nutrients and BBP you will be amazed at what happens!

7 Likes

Yeah those folks at dakine420 are the best. There getting some of my king kong strains as part of a promise to preserve them. I promised nate there @NateDakine420 some of the seeds. I just bought a trimmer from them at a steep discount and free shipping. Anyone needs a discount on there products or just wants to try them out contact jacob!

Tell them Preybird1 sent you and you will get a nice deal.

5 Likes

Holy Crap, I was scarfing around their site and was thinking about getting a trimmer as I am getting weary of hand cleaning even six plants, it takes DAYS and days. So I looked at their trimmer page and they only had HUGE ones targeted at the commercial market. And some very healthy prices too lol. WAY out of my league. I was hoping they had a good home grow based trimmer.

Marty

5 Likes

Im gonna run the centurion tabletop. Well see what happens with this trimmer. Im gonna video test it and review it. It was way too expensive…

5 Likes

I use a Toms Tumbler 1600 with a motor attached and love it!

4 Likes

Yeah, the “Cheapo” is kinda rich for my blood, I guess I’ll stick with my Super-Snazzy Dry Trim Brush 3.0 - Hand trimmer.

5 Likes

LOL yeah me too…

Marty

5 Likes

I just grow for me, and while it is a major pain to clean six plants, I would have to be flush with $$ to spend even $500 on a trimmer. And I ain’t lol.

Marty

4 Likes

Got a question for you and anyone that uses a drum trimmer of some design blade or screen like the one you use. I was just looking at some closeups of the bud after running it through the Tom’s trimmer, and you can visibly see the trikes all missing from the outside of the bud, I mean they look really good, but I’m guessing it is a trade off between time and no loss of the trikes? Of course you collect the kief and do something with it I’m sure.

Marty

5 Likes

I try to use everything off the plants. I have some trim I’m curing like flower to see how it presses and I’m going to steam distill some trim to get terpene juice when it gets and stays warm (I don’t want to try that indoors because of possible smell). I’m also going to add stalks in the distiller to see if I can extract terpenes from them. I also have a bubble hash extraction setup! I will look at picture of some buds out of the trimmer to see if I’m losing the Trichomes and see if it’s a problem, I’ll let you know what I see in the pictures I never really looked close at the pictures and the effects of a dry trim increase the taste in a good way.

@sssportsmfg here is a picture after running it through my tumbler trimmer is looks pretty frosty still.

6 Likes

I gotta tell you I am pretty lazy about using everything, up until this summer I was actually throwing away all my trimmings, then I found a girl that makes gummies and had the butter machine, so we did a deal where she makes my gummies and I give her stuff for herself, and I pay for the Everclear and the gel etc.

I was looking at a closeup of the Trimmer you use and it is butt simple and cheap to make, it is furniture grade PVC pipe and fittings and some nylon mesh. I know the drum part has to be made to come apart easy and be able to get the bud out of it, but really $500 ??? And another $400 for a motor? Damn I was in the wrong business my whole life lol.

Marty

5 Likes

Yep that does look real good, wish I could afford the $500 would buy it in a heartbeat to stop sitting there for hours on end with multiple pairs of scizzors in alcohol to keep them resin free enought to use them lol. Did you get any extra screens with it or is that from the 1/2" nylon mesh that comes with it?

Marty

2 Likes

I saved up for 2 years to get it. but I really couldn’t justify it to myself until I started using the Dakine nutes. The first plant I trimmed in the harvest using Dakine nutes, had one a pound of flower and took me 7 hours to trim 1 plant, because of my legs I have to get up and move around every 45 minutes of sitting or I lose the feeling in them. That justified me in my mind to get it! Been happy with it since! Plus it’s easy to clean, just remove the net, throw it in the washer with some laundry detergent and cold water and air dry!

7 Likes

LOL, sometimes you just gotta treat yourself !
Who else knows better what it is that YOU DESERVE !!!

5 Likes