New To This .. need help!

Wassup everybody im very new to this & thought i’d be a perfect fit. Im lookingg to start growingg at home then upgrade in the future … what would you guys reccomend as a begginer? Ive seen a couple grow tents grom growerhouse some fully equipt others are not , im gonna grab auto flower seeds from ILM , and im thinking about getting “a pot for pot” … just to start off with what would you reccomend as a begginer? With small space to operate at the moment … i need a tent, seeds, lights, soil, the whole shabang ! In the cheapest way possible

5 Likes

Welcome to this amazing forum.
I am on my 3rd grow using very limited space.
The MarsHydro 2x2 tent kit is what I have.
I can recommend it to beginners as a beginner because it has everything you need at a very affordable price.
I grow Autos but that is what I learned with and now comfortable growing.
I would talk to @automatik about your seed choice. He will be able to help with recommendations.
Keep us updated while you keep growing!

3 Likes

Where did you order your tent from ? Im thinking order from growershouse 3x3 tent for 120$ & get the potforpot for $40 (complete grow kit) then buy my fan, lights,soil ect seperate … im doingg LED lights & soil i pretty much know what i want just need to know exactly what i need for the tent

1 Like

MarsHydro.com
Sounds like you are already ahead of the game with all your preparation.

1 Like

Here are a couple of pictures to get you pumped up.
From my 1st 2 grows… Started in June 2020.

5 Likes

Welcome, I have been growing for three years, and every year it has gotten better. Tent, lights(hlg is what I use) and a filter system of some type. Those helped me advance my grow immensely. Me personally I stay away from Autoflowers because they can be unpredictable. A hardy photoperiod feminized seed will IMHO be easier and give you more bud in the long run. Nutrients, soil testers, and other things you will need along the way will be explained as you browse the site.

2 Likes

One of the things that newbies do wrong is too much nutrients in the beginning. If your soil is already nutrients full Dont add nutrients for at least a month. Sometimes longer. After initial month get on specified scedual. Learn to read your plants, they will tell you what they need.
Do research, look at pictures of healthy and unhealthy plants. There are plenty of charts on this forum and on line. Read all you can! Good luck and Happy Growing!

4 Likes

Thanks man ! I try to pre plan first … these pics deff motivate me though ! Looks good its only been less than a year … im small on space but ill get the hang of it.

2 Likes

did you buy all things seperate? The light, soil, ect?? Im just goingg based off of the ILM website these are what they used , i also enrolled in the course on this website.

1 Like

Okay im gonna get the potforpot it comes with all the things needed the soil & stuff ill just have to buy the seeds

1 Like

ok every body will have a diff view but i think pot for pot is a waste of money. you are better off getting a cheap seedling mix and a solo cup to start. it doesnt have to be a tent unless thats what works for you. light warrior is a great starter but it only comes in huge bags. if you really want a beginner grow buy a bag of happy frog and a fabric grow bag. lights should be your biggest expense but anything will do for seedlings for a minute. read beginner grow forums before you spend your $$$$$

5 Likes

Im only doingg this base off of “ILM” … its a website & i just was readingg over it & this is all the things that they reccommend … i can go withouth the pot but ill need the tent for smell purposes if that makes sense … you are right though everybody is different.

3 Likes

If you can fit a tent, I think they are they way to go. Lights will most def be your biggest expense. I agree though don’t fall for the gimmicks like pot in a pot, good soil and a felt 3-5 gallon pot will do you and can be bought for fractions of what the gimmicks go for. Amazon has a ton of these things for decent prices, but I also encourage going to the small businesses for supplies as much as possible. There are also a ton of great growing resources to read online and in book form. Check out @missradreefer on Instagram she posted not to long ago all the books she recommends.

4 Likes

Okay so no pot in a pot got it ! Ive never grown anything but i know basics are pots, soil, plants, water, light & nutritions if needed … im lookingg at a 3x3 tent, happy frog soil, 4inch fan, carbon filter, seeds … just tryna know the basics for now then advance i’d love to do this for a living actually

3 Likes

nutes wont be needed for at least 4 weeks if you use happy frog. you can also get sample packs from companies. just type sample cannabis nutes and go! think about what stage you need stuff. carbon filter? you wont need for at least 3 weeks into your grow

3 Likes

once you jump down the rabbit hole u will be NEEDING everything you see lol

2 Likes

I bought most of my stuff separate, some things we had already for our garden.
One week it was the tent, next week the light, then as the plants get closer to flower I started to think about the filter.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: okok sorry if im ahead im just tryna have it all together before i start i dont wanna forget to get something you know?:joy::joy: soo to start … seeds, paper cup, water & sunlight?:joy:

2 Likes

Okay i think thats the path im takingg they say auto takes about 8weeks to grow so on my 3rd/4th week get a filter?? Im only thinking about all this stuff because of smell if its gonna be a problem … the tent will be in a closet

2 Likes

Our own @automatik owns chitown seeds

5 Likes