Newbie Doobie's do's and don'ts

Right! It’s hard to stay outta there. I find it so inspiring just to sit there and watch them grow!

2 Likes

The point is take pictures every couple of days. Then in a week when you think they Aren’t growing look back at the photos.

4 Likes

Yeah I get what you’re saying for sure…last grow I was out of town for a few days. They were a little droopy on arrival home but after watering they perked back up and man was I shocked it’s like they blew up

1 Like

1 Like

A little pouty is the girl on the left…either way I’m keep chugging along. Thinking I need to flip soon

Almost filled the 2x2 space although one plant hasn’t stopped pouting. Done some edging to let some light in on her. Thinking about ditching her if she doesn’t fix her attitude :rofl:

3 Likes

Also to anyone interested I have some ilgm zkittlez autoflower seeds up for trade…after the issues I had I’ve decided not to try and grow these again

1 Like

You’ve already got her to that stage if she’s a girl she’s worth at least experimenting on to learn. You could try some of @Arrow training techniques, or you could put the palm of your hand around the stock take the pot off the plant and then put some new soil in the bottom and put the plants back in with new soil around the edges. Mix Mykos in the soil. You never know what you might wind up with.

4 Likes

I definitely hope she’s a girl its fem seed from ilgm…Goldleaf. I know @Arrow does some beautiful training! Thanks for the tips, I’ll need to pick up some Mykos. While I got you here, I have a question about flipping light schedule. Should I do it all at once or gradually work down? Also ran across this and wondered if it would be beneficial for me to implement this schedule for flowering…oops that’s 2 questions

12_1_lighting_cycle1

5 Likes

If that was the best way to do it every commercial grower in the country would be doing it right now. I do the gas lantern first half but then when I switch to flower I just take that one hour off and let them go.

Maybe I should rephrase that. That sounds a little confusing.

#1 works, that’s what I use.

#2 is too much drama for me and it doesn’t make a whole Lotta sense to me either.

:thinking: there that’s better…:+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

4 Likes

Thanks happyman. So I’ll just run the normal 12/12 I think

1 Like

I grew GL twice before and I got 2 autos of it trying to grow now… LoL I like it very much.

3 Likes

I was going to try the autos but I had such low yields with my other autos I wanted to try photos this time. First time growing photoperiod plants

3 Likes

I Grow a ton with GLR technique and it saves me serious money and wear on equipment. But when im breeding i dont use it. I have a funny light schedule for my seedlings and clones. But that’s what i like to do so i don’t explain it anymore. But i love 24/7 on clones and seedlings. And vegging sometimes 18/6 is nice also.
I tested GLR, 12/12, 18/6 on my runtz. And the yield is better using 12/12 or 18/6. Hps to led results are too similar except heat and power consumption.

1 Like

Clever fellah you are. Photos will impress given a good 6 - 8 week veg. My first grow inside was some GL & Chocolope - I prolonged flipping over worrying about it by atleast 2 weeks…lol no joke!! Should I do it, do I do it gradual, is Christmas a good time to be dealing with drying w family??? LoL typical worried mom first timer. But almost 3 months veg on them. The GL I think was @ 5’ and I tied her, bravely topped one and did a lot to max out my height with 5 gal pots. Good times

4 Likes

Yeah I think I may have f’d myself…I’m 8week veg now. Accidentally topped one, and been lst on both. I do still have the 2x4x5 tent I can pull back out. I need to flip like last week but I’m battling the same issues with the when and how and I want to maximize my tiny space

Just flip them and don’t worry about it. Every strain is different I had two plants, one Mamosa one Skywalker ghost Kush. Side-by-side same nutrients same everything. The Skywalker ghost Kush needed more room the Mamosa didn’t fill it up all the way. So just flip them and see what happens till you do it you’ll never know. Just worry about making it to the end without a problem once you figure that out then that’s when you figure out how to fill your tent. :+1:t3::v:t3:

3 Likes

Main focus now. First day of 12/12 will be today. Will be starting flower nutrients soon. I did a light flush on Ms. Pouty face today and ppm is still at 1200

2 Likes

Everybody looking happy and healthy to me what y’all think?

5 Likes

Work on your pictures my man. Try to separate them just a little bit get a little bit closer and also do a profile so we can see how high above the pot the plant is at this point. Also a semi-close-up of the tops. You said you were going to flip your lights so we are on button watch two or three pictures of each plant would be nice. :+1:t3:

3 Likes