Newbie questions on plant conditions

2 Likes

Uh oh. What was your question?

I forgot to add that basically what am I doing wrong, I am feeding nukeheads veg currently with nature’s nectar potassium and cal mag once a week using brand directed amounts and watering the other two days essentially I am on a every other day watering schedule water is to correct ph of anywhere between 6 to 6.5 and my lighting schedule is 18 on 6 off using two Mars hydro ts2000 lights and the soil is an even mix of perlite, manure, mushroom compost, and topsoil humidity is kept around 23-25% and temp is a consistent 80

2 Likes

Do you have any pictures of higher up on the plant. It would be nice to see a picture of some new growth. Hard to tell what’s going on without an over all look.

2 Likes

1 Like

It’s really hard to tell in pictures but I can send you a direction. There’s definitely been a deficiency. The new growth at the ends of the branches looks so you may be passed it or they may need to be feed more often but the first thing you should do is check your PH coming out of the pot. I believe pH issues are the most common problem people have. you don’t hear much about it because once you know it happens you just deal with it and don’t talk about it. Just because you’re putting in the correct PH doesn’t mean that it is the same in the root zone.Give your plants a heavy watering with pH water, make sure you get a decent amount of runoff. Check your pH If it is way out of wack you can do a slurry test which will tell you exactly what it is in your soil. Easiest just to look that up on YouTube. Anyways, That gives you a place to start.

2 Likes

I will be emergency transplanting these plants seeing as the soil is extremely acidic, from videos and internet searches I have conducted lime is my best option

2 Likes

Hold your horses before you go tearing shit up, might want to get some advice rather than just tearing in!
How about some information. How much runoff did you get what was the pH. You can add a little bit of lime to the top of your soil and water it in.There is also other options. We just need to ask the right people.

4 Likes

Run off ph is sitting at 7.7 after watering with ph balanced water of 6.5

3 Likes

hotrod, you definitely need to listen to these guys and don’t make any assumptions!
Lime is definitely the last thing you need! If your runoff pH is 7.7 my bet is you probably want to pH some water to about 5.0 and water your plants with it again…you need to get that runoff down to about 6.5 for starters…I’m sure others will chime in. I wouldn’t worry about adding any nutes till you get that pH corrected and give your plants time to stabilize…JMHO

4 Likes

7.7 isn’t acidic. It’s slightly basic and will lock out nutrients. Lime would bring your ph up more. I agree with @TheMadFlascher. Ph down some plain water and water until your runoff is 6.3-6.8 for soil. 5.8-6.3 for Coco/peat

3 Likes

Whoa there @hotrod, hold up for a sec.

Happily has it right, you already passed the point of toxicity and the plant is currently fine. What you have is old growth that changed color and will NOT change back. So, learn to ignore old growth when looking at what is going on.

The plant looks fine at the moment but some better pix would help us make a more accurate determination.

A HUGE lesson for many is to stop and let the plant do it on it’s own. People want to hurry the plant by messing with it. It will grow as fast as it can in its conditions.

Your pH is high, so I would water to overflow two or three days worth with low pH water to balance and flush the plants systems and let it recover. Then add the food back in.

Have you measured the EC of the runoff and compared it to the fresh feed mix before feeding? This can give you a good indication of how much the plants are eating and you can make adjustments from there. Try not to overfeed.

Here is a chart you should save and use in the future.

3 Likes

Okay so I have tested another plant with similar conditions as the one shown in the photos dropping the ph of the water down to 5.0 and testing the run off the ph of the run off is sitting at 6.8 as mentioned now my question is should I be dropping the ph of the water to 5.0 during every watering to keep the run out ph or root base ph consistent even when feeding should I be feeding more often and how often should I be watering also what is EC?

2 Likes

First off, lets figure out what is throwing your pH off so much and fix that. Most everything else will probably fix itself after that.

Answer the following:
(From @Slym3r’s post)

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM before & after feeding:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

Fill this out. It will provide much of the info we need to diagnose.

2 Likes

EC is Electrical Conductivity. It gives a very accurate reading of how much food is in your water. You can get testers cheap online.

2 Likes

Seedbank: seedsman seedbank

Strain (bagseed too): strains growing are blue berry, alien rock candy, white widow, seedsman white widow, wedding cake, sour diesel.

Indoor, outdoor: indoor

Tent, Room Size:5x5x90in frame with milar walls open top

Lighting: two Marz hydro Ts2000

Light height: smaller plants have height of 24ins from top of plant, larger plants have height of 24ins as well

Temps (day and night): day temps 23c D 20c N

Relative Humidity (day and night) :30%D 25%N

Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) : 20in box fan with humidifier on both night and day however currently turned off to see if that caused any issue.

Ventilation: open room

Pot sizes: 3 gal

Nutrient type: nuke heads veg, calmag, nature’s nectar potassium

Ph numbers: Ph’d water currently at 6.5 during watering and feeding

Ec and PPM before & after feeding: not currently tested

Water Temps: 80 degrees

Co2: n/a

Seed germination date: 12/31/20

Veg duration:roughly 2 months

Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water): watering every other day and feeding every weds day

4 Likes

Currently set up in this way

6 Likes

Thanx! That helps for sure but, my fault I sent you the older version of the questions. What about your soil? Brand? Amendments? Custom mixed?

2 Likes

I think like @happilyretired and @mudman mentioned above, you have pH issues. When was the last time you calibrated your meters?

1 Like

Soil is custom mixed consisting of top soil mushroom compost perlite and manure meter had been calibrated around a week ago, I noticed spikes in how the meter reacted to the water while checking so I recalibrated the pen with the included packets

3 Likes