"NIWA" grow hub testing**

Ok folks @chrisj @hydrokidd007
Well i was contacted by these folks about there NIWA Grow hub an automated hub that controls your entire grow. And they were kind enough to send me out a test model. I will be setting it up a little later today and will update this post when i get it all finished. Im just playing with the app now and getting familiar with how it works
This unit is supposed to automate the grow in minutes.
I have another luxx 860xr pro ill be setting up also. So lets how this thing works out! Im excited to see if it works like it should because i have 8 complete tent set ups and im hoping i can add these to my grow op to give me back some time in the evenings. Because i work 27 hrs a week in my grow after a 60hr work week. So any time i can get back is time i can actually relax and not have to worry as much. Hand waterinf 75 plants takes time. So hopefully this helps me save time! Also if this is a good as they say it is then We will be working on on a possible forum member discount??? So follow along and we’ll check this exciting grow hub and powerful software work out.

10 Likes

Mine should arrive sometime this morning! I can’t wait to try it out!

9 Likes

Mine came 2 days ago! But man im so f’n busy all the time. Im hoping these help give me back some time. Because i would need like 5 more!

10 Likes

Rock and Roll.

Watching along, looks like its better suited for a small setup.

Max Load
15A RESISTIVE in total
10A RESISTIVE per every individual outlet

My Dehuey alone is 10A at fire up. The Diablo is 6A

9 Likes

Also i got questions ha lol.
Like what does the hub unit itself add to the power drain on a circuit? It has to some power for it to function. And reading the amp warnings in the manul it has me a little concerned.

7 Likes

I am wondering if a dual band router is needed to make it connect to my WiFi and my phone. The last electronic I had that used 2.4 ghz would constantly disconnect and had to be manually reconnected. I forgot to ask Zachary about that. Lol!

7 Likes

Bam thats what i mean i run 3x 860 lights. A fan, humidifier. And even more??

7 Likes

If you are E savvy, you could link this to a Contactor setup “Clacker Board” to pop individual Circuits/Outlets, but thats a whole bunch more hardware albeit not expensive stuff.

8 Likes

Well another thing is that i like to zip tie surge protectors to the roof top rails and then plug in the fans and humidifier and ozone gens into those for power. And it keeps the cords up on the ceiling all tidy and neat. This unit must be outside the grow area because its not supposed to be in the humidity.

8 Likes

It says it has a Humidity sensor? Thats not gonna be good, I mean reading the lung room sure, but.
My pulse pro hangs from my light to give realtime canopy readings on light spectrum, RH, VPD, CO2 etc.

Not gonna be a doubter, until you gents have run it through the ringer, watching along attentively.

6 Likes

I think i might have to get a dehumidifier and i really would rather not. And im hoping this will help control some of my humidity levels a bit better then just ketting the fans and humidifier Run a lotm if i sealt the tent i can hit over 87% humidity. I have to have the tents open within 30 mins of lights on.

8 Likes

Sensor has long cord to go into the grow area/tent.

7 Likes

Ahh yeah, like the 67/69 ACI controllers. The App certainly looks like cool little dashboard.

7 Likes

Also nothing can be controlled manually only by light recipies.

@nacho151

7 Likes

Great that you have received your NiWA grow hub @PreyBird1 , And I am hoping automation saves you loads of time, improving your grow. Its worth testing and even help in developing the product further. I am sure they are doing software updates regularly to add features, patches etc.

Good luck @nacho151 , look forward to seeing how you use yours.

Buy a NIWA Grow Hub, click the link below.

9 Likes

I just received it. I am going to read the instructions several times before using it! Lol!

10 Likes

That is good to hear, good luck with the setup and look forward to seeing your progress.

8 Likes

Prey I am sure that the power drain by the unit itself is negligable…everything nowadays is micro circuits next to no power requirment. However I apperently missed something (haven’t been on here much) is there a tester program going on now? I would love to have better control over my LUXX 860 but their controllers are very pricy. I don’t see how it would control anything other than on/off being a power strip, is it compatable with the LUXX controller boards? Really the only thing I would like to try is the sunsrise/sunset function to see if it makes any difference in the health of our favorite plants.

EDIT i just downloaded and read the manual. It does neither intensity or sunrise/sunset, just on/off, and already have complete control of fans with the AC setup.

Marty

9 Likes

My humidity issues only occur with lights off. The fan kicks up in speed often enough because of the heat to keep the humidity in check and my VPD is always around 1.2-1.4 during lights on. At night my VPD runs around 0.67, and the humidity kicks up to around 78%. But I run 8 fans three on the top directed down to the light bars, one on each corner pole, and one on the floor of the tent. Never had an issue with mold or mildew.

Marty

9 Likes

Im probably not going to use it with my luxx’s because they i have the controller already and im linking my 3rd light to the controller. I wish this luxx controller had an app. Its a basic manual control parameters typ unit. And my air system is already set to max speed in the big tent and then the other tent is connected to the infinty t6 that has its own App. But i hve 5 other enviroments to test it on so well see how it works. Im not a fan of it having to ne out of the tent. But i am comfotable making my own cutome power cords. In fact all my builds include at least 25’ cords for the light and the driver so i can move them anywhere in a tent without haveing to move equipment into positions so the cords reach…i hate that thats why i do ceiling outdoor/indoor heavyduty surge protectors.

10 Likes