Nz outdoor

@preybird, @tubular , Hey just FYI all US first class mail to NZ, AUS was shut down for about two months or more…That order was just lifted about 1 week ago so it’s possible that package could have been sitting somewhere for quite awhile!

3 Likes

Reg, fem, reg, reg. @tubular

2 Likes

Yes thanks Rflasch I had thought that also BUT I recieved a package from UTAH a couple of days ago. Yay and happy happy. First ever exotic seeds for me and from preybird farms and his ever growing list of amazing cultivars. I feell very grateful.

A good story I used my mates postbox which hasn’t been easy to open recently and the shop owners changed hands so hasn’t been fixed.
So he asks every week he goes in and when the parcel arrived the owner went back brought it out and said…oh you’ve got some drugs>>>>>>!!!
I mean WTF, but we recently had news stories about drugs coming in soft toys… my mate tried to brush it off but the owner just laughed.
Then my mate dropped his beer at the shop door and it sprayed out everywhere…haha it was a classic story.

I will be dropping some seeds after my outdoor finishes in 3-4 weeks and do exclusive preybird farms grow outdoors next season. Exciting

pics to come

7 Likes

Well, although it was a trying ordeal, it was probably worth the wait!
Good Luck to you in your grows!

7 Likes

Thanks alot- and so much to learn - I love it

6 Likes

Well happy Friday everybody

My update is we have had a great run of weather and now the change of autumn has set in. 15 deg. C at midday and had 3 good days of rain.
I havnt got any mould yet so that’s awesome. Hoping to get 3 mores weeks would be ideal.

And the grand announcement that Preybird farms seeds are here thanks so much for the effort to get them here :ok_hand:

North lime with not as many seeds but still glad I got to seed this. Flower started later but is quick so just 1week for this one I think.

The clone in bag one is very nice seeet fruit and sticky

Skunk afgani? Clone

A seed pineapple chunk x grape is very late but as previously the grape strain was super resistant to mould I will leave as long as possible. Some purple

Seed 1 purple x

Seed 2 purple x in bag is very different pheno
Big banana buds and not much smell but very sticky

And the pineapple chunk is a very nice pheno
Big sticky cheese smell

So I purchased a 2nd hand tent 1.2x1.2x 2 with a stuffed zip of course! I am going to set it up and use my infinity T6 with an occilating fan and dehumidifier to dry this time . I really want to preserve the turps!

Fingers crossed

11 Likes

I really like 1gallon jars for keeping my herbs fresh. Here u.s. side we can get 4x 1 gallon kombucha jars for $40 free shipping.
I like to have a few extra on hand and .5 gallon jars for small batches.

8 Likes

Haha it’s funny that you mention that: I had a batch of pineapple express auto and it smelled a bit like…poop. Feces. :sweat_smile:
They better stop that evolution, breeding cannabis that smells like vomit and feces :grimacing: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Lol! I just received some pineapple express seeds, and seeing this post makes me glad I have a air purifier to knock out smells!

4 Likes

Well, the pineapple express and the auto version I had (from Barneys!) seem like 2 quite different genetics.

-Pineapple Express should be Trainwreck x Hawaiian
-The auto version from Barneys is Ruderalis x Skunk x Cheese

So you might be safe Nach :slight_smile:

5 Likes

HaHa thats so funny-yes i dont think its very attractive.
maybe that’s why there’s an increase in this vomiting after ingestion some people are experiencing???

4 Likes

Day 47 approx of flower and I have to start cutting :neutral_face:

Seems to be high temps and humidity and that’s no good
It’s normal for humidity at this time of year but we often have cold temps which helps harden things ups.
Oh well …

North lime- hopefully a good number of seeds.

Mold on purple x in bag

Skunk clones not handling the humidity

6 Likes

Purp x in ground- this is a favourite this year

9 Likes

Looking good. Damn humidity.

3 Likes

We get that in the Pacific Northwest later on too. I’ll go out each morning with a stick and gently beat my plans to knock off the dew from the night before. Sometimes it is a battle against bud rot.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about your mold, I had to build a greenhouse to grow in due to mold an rot, it was horrible. Hopefully you get your seeds that your looking for.:eyes:

4 Likes

@Dforce cheers for that.
so a question… how do you control the airflow and humidity in the greenhouse?
I have a structure mostly built 6 x3 x 2 metres but would have to be running industrial-size fans and a possible dehumidifier if I were to maintain the next 2-4 weeks.
I used wind netting for roof and that was excellent for the majority of the season. but when I applied the plastic just to the roof humidity was to much so I left it off. and had to cut some.
Theres so much to cover…literally.

4 Likes

yes I am starting to like the sound of a more controlled space. Cheers.

4 Likes

@PreyBird1 thanks heaps, but it is now very deflating to have to make that call to cut early especially this strain and pheno. But I have two clones going strong so I will try to keep it for future.
I was researching your strains and they all sound so good man… phew I don’t wanna over think growing them , but… thanks.
So gonna pop some soon when I have finished drying.

This year I am trying something different.
I got a tent to dry in and I have the AC infinity T6 all hooked up. I have big oscillating fan going and a manually operated ( duh) dehumidifier that I don’t want to overrun and damage the terps…
Question is, T6 is creating massive vacum so I thought I needed air coming in. Which I did but now the rain has come, the environment in tent is super humid. Do I block The air intake and turn T6 down, while dehumidifing? All new territory for me. i feel an absolute novice today.

4 Likes

About 4 weeks into flower, I close the greenhouse (which is 8’ x 24’)up at night run 2 large dehumidifiers with 6 smaller fans. In the morning if the sun comes out, and humidity drops the wife goes out and roles the ends up for heat control.

4 Likes