Nz outdoor

ah nice, I don’t have power to my shack but am looking into some solar that may cover the fans and one reasonable dehumidifier.
Thanks for the feedback.

6 Likes

No problem, and good luck to you. :v:

5 Likes

Well its all good so far. the temps and humidity settled in the drying tent after 5days at 78 % RH and 19-25Deg C. due to the rain stopping thankfully. Now at 61%RH 14-20 Deg C.

I have picked the tops off the PC plant and the sick clone I rejuvenated which has been very resistant to the dampness.

The PC cross Grape strain is very resistant showing no signs of mold and just throwing some purple hairs with the cooler weather.

Pics to come

:smiley:

6 Likes

Well what and end to my season

I had mould affect the largest buds lost 30 % of crop.

Very sad😢

So many factors this year

Slightly seeded- caused rot at seed pod
New drying technique - tent and fans
Didn’t know how to use infinity fan
Dehumidifier I got was unprgrammable
Trellised - was good until rain/ humidity came
Left to dry trim - big buds needed trimming wet with my set up
Half assed permaculture

The good parts

My flowers have stickyness and smell good
Tent contained smells well.
I know what I need to do next time- seedless
I now have a reasonable set up to clone and veg ready for next season.

And made some purple flower coconut oil.

I did a THC extraction on this but I am going to do a CBD extraction on last years purple clone I grew

10 Likes

@tubular …from my standpoint (you’ll have to forgive me) you just had a MONUMENTAL season!
You were faced with issues and challenges, but you didn’t ignore them! You LEARNED from them.
You just publicly critiqued your grow in a very objective way…that tells me you have the courage to adapt and persevere!
I’m guessing your experienced has also awakened a quest and thirst to gain more knowledge…to better arm yourself with information to help assure future successes…
Adversities present an opportunity for change…you are going to learn so much more overcoming those adversities !
It’s an evolution, if you will, and I hope it provides a LOT of satisfaction in future grows!
CONGRATULATIONS!

8 Likes

Yes Thanks Rob for the kind words. I was bit bummed out at the start but once I started looking at what I have achieved its been GOOD.
Thanks GN I am very pleased to be here.

Ready for the next round- haha the perpetual round!!!

7 Likes

Well thats a wrap for 2022.

A here’s the start of the next season.
As promised I am starting a preybirdfarms exclusive in my garden.
So here they go…

MS = fem
The rest = regs

:+1::+1:

11 Likes

Very exciting. Looking forward to watching this grow. Cheers.

9 Likes

I’m still working on getting some of his seeds, can’t convince the wife YET, but soon. :rofl::rofl:. I’m liking his genetics.

8 Likes

Internet is very slow here so apologies for the lack of pics…it just takes to long do do lots.

10/11 cracked at 48 hours on the covered plate( bread bag) with seeds on a paper towel. in hot water cupboard.

Now in black magic potting mix and under a dome with a heat pad under @ 19 deg. C.

led at 24/7.

although we have had some very warm and dry weather for this time of year.

4 Likes

yes I cant wait to smell how these genetics look…good luck with convincing the wife :rofl: I haven’t seen many pics of the ultimate white cavier so that really interests me.

what are you growing now?

6 Likes

Here is the Grow journal of the “Ultimate”

5 Likes

Oooh thank you Prey. Hows things in your part of the world?

3 Likes

@tubular Check out Michigan 2022 Outdoor, that is my start for the summer.

2 Likes

Well been busy here.

Saving myself $2500 cutting down my own trees.

8 Likes

This journal has the galactic god in it. I made a skywalker x galactic god right after this journal. Because the 1st skywalker female hermied. So i kept the galactic god clones alive.

4 Likes

yes i love being multi skilled also. just had to change our septic tank pump and was able to do it all- except electrical reconnect for insurance- saved hundreds easily.
we are so dry here our water tanks are at 1/4 capacity. very weird for this time of year.

The ultimate looks amazing- just skimmed through the link thanks

5 Likes

cheers looking like good potential there. how will you control humidity in those greenhouses?

5 Likes

3 to 4 weeks into flower there will be 2 large dehumidifiers running, I have found that works pretty well. Then run 1 in each of the other smaller greenhouses.

6 Likes

oh nice …I think i may have asked you that before…? are they programmable or just work constantly at a set humidity reduction?

5 Likes