OG Reek'n - Devils Harvest- Clone grow log

Banana x Chocolate Sherbet- Linage Genetics

Leaf Mutations, how many :leaves: s Haha :smile: triploids

9 Likes

2 weeks later…proper slow grower.

10 Likes

Yeah its pretty common, 1:1000.
Been seeing an awful lot of it lately, likely from all the breeders pissing in the gene pool, back crossing and passing some polyploid mutey gene around. Grow it like normal, Enjoy the three topped girl. Sorry its not that special, but cool nonetheless.

10 Likes

Nice to meet you, i am D.Co
Thanks for the fast reply and information i didnt know if it was common or not.

Am curious’ to how it’ll flower and if they’ll have mutations too?
It came from a pack of regulars. Am hoping this is a male.

Thanks.

9 Likes

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum.
Lots of experienced folks around here to Q&A and learn a few things along the way… If you use that magnifier in the upper right, search function, I’ll bet you find a dozen examples of triploids and some even grown all the way out.
Only two ways I know, is Farmer freemen genetic testing or wait 5 weeks or so for it to mature and start showing sex. Good luck, also no guarantee that breeding with a polyploid will guarantee another, its likely in the 1:1000 odds.

Your welcome, have a great day.

10 Likes

Thanks ive just added triploids in the description so others can find it too.
I will have a search for some triploids.
Ive learnt something already triploids hehe.
I’ll keep this post updated with this grow.

Thanks again man

8 Likes

Did a little re search, some say rare, some say a chemical in the soil can cause it to triploids.
Am learning lol

9 Likes

Hi @TechDCo

Welcome to GN and thanks for sharing your plants, 1 in a thousand is rare enough for me. Lets see what she grows.

9 Likes

Hi, Chrisj. Thanks :blush: for the reply.

I wanted it to be a male at first but now am hoping for a female, knowing its a rare mutation.
Am looking forward to this one, going to be a nice winter.

9 Likes

Good day @TechDCo and welcome.
I’ve seen a few leaf mutations over the years too, this is a fancy one. Nothing special happening during flower tho, in my experience.
Happy growing.

7 Likes

Shes showing big early :warning: signs of struggling with coverting light into colour “chlorophyll problems” Has a little bit of nute burn on top tips.

Shes deffo a mutation, growing straight up…

She/he has hardly no stalks for the leaf stems.
Properly has a bad root system but lets hope it picks up, am curious to how it’ll flower.

8 Likes

Any advice? I’m properly wrong.

8 Likes

Ok heres what see. You got way to much water going on. And i feel like theres no drainage or its sitting in a saucer with water in it? Either way its too wet and too far away from the light. It looks cold!

Take a pinch of that coco and i bet $100
drops of water squeeze out and i say 3-5 drops. Tiny plants dont need lots of water. If its as wet as i think i would dump the plant out and repot it with coco already to go. And what i mean ready to go is slightly moist with cal-mag. Coco leeches cal-mag and when tou start out at first you need to use cal-mal + water added to the coco then its ready to use.

10 Likes

Hit the nail on the head there.
Ya right no drainage, i forgot to drill holes lol
Transplanting her to a cup.
Thanks man much love :heart: :heart_eyes:

Root system seems good :+1:
Lets hope she takes off now :pray:

10 Likes

She/he is a lot happier now. Thanks bro.

9 Likes

No worries! I used grow in coco a lot and it can be totally saturated and still contain 15% air! Soil can kill plants. Coco is a little more forgiving.

9 Likes

Ya right water logged soil can kill plants. Welcome to the swamps lol

Lucky escape
I nearly lost it.
I’m really looking forward to how this plays out and what her branches do. Am just leaving this one to grow naturally.

6 Likes

old place and old light

Shes started growing again and recovered from her fall.

9 Likes

Yep now she can breath. She already looks wayyyyy better!

8 Likes

Thanks man.
I only spray her now when shes looks dry on the top soil. Am just hoping she doesnt stunt from the shock - I knocked her over twice by accident. Rough start.

6 Likes