Ok so what is in your opinion the best air pump (pretty big one)

Ok got my RDWC system about done today, plus cleaning out the tent de-bugging it. (got spider mites right before the end of my grow). but not bad just a few leaves and no webs. Washed the whole tent and every single last thing down with 50/50 water and ammonia and a few drops of Dawn, three times, just about gassed myself lol.

Oh yeah…almost forgot…damn this shit is good…what is everybody’s pick for the best 4 outlet air pump? I have one that puts out 320 GPH, (two sided pump with 4 outlets). but would like to at least double that and use this one for my reservoir. And would then also have a backup in case of a failure.

Thanks!!

4 Likes

The vivosun 950gph 32watt pump would be top of the line for you @sssportsmfg. That gives you plenty of air to run stones in all 5 of your buckets. It’s very powerful.
You build looks great :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks! @Tygrow78 I already had my eye on that one on Amazon.

2 Likes

Don’t go cheap I refuse to run anything other than ecoplus linear 100, hands down the best investment!

3 Likes

@sssportsmfg

Its the size of a shoe box but quieter than any pump on the market

Appreciate that but $300 is too rich for my blood for a air pump. I know its all about quality, if I could afford it I would. Thanks!

2 Likes

High @sssportsmfg , keep in mind the bigger the pump and more heat it will add to your reservoir… heat adds to slime

1 Like

So air pumps put heat into the water? I know circulation pumps do I actually burnt up some seedlings years ago first time trying RDWC and went back to coco, I have it on a 15 on 15 off timer. Doesn’t all the air from an air stone actually cool off the water?

1 Like

I have 2 of these.
One for each system

1 Like

@Hydro @Tygrow78 I got this one, I wanted a little bigger one as I have the large flat 4" air stones x 5 of them.

4 Likes

I run 6 2x4 stones with mine so that should be plenty

3 Likes

Make your air lines all the same length and black.

3 Likes

I took the air inlet off mine and added a little silicone and put it back together.
Made it a little more quiet

2 Likes

Vivosun air pump 100 watt 110L/min 10 outlet commercial air pump says for hydroponics but don’t use that for hydro since I’m not a hydro guy but here’s what I use in my tea maker

Maybe it’s to much? I dunno but Amazon for
$85.59

2 Likes

I did make them all the same length, but not black, I had 60 feet of green silicone air line already. Any reason for the black color? I know it’s necessary for the water lines and buckets and lids to stop algae growth, but is it necessary for the air line too???

1 Like

White or clear air line acts like a flashlight.
I use the black 1/4 irrigation line at home depot

1 Like

Not sure about green

2 Likes

Kinda like fiber optics I guess, didn’t think about that. (big sigh lol) off to home depot for some black I guess. Live and learn.

2 Likes

I used clear on my first and was told about that.
I did see some algae in there at the end of the grow.
Not much but it was there.
My new system I have all black and I dont see anything in there yet.
Just sharing what I’ve learned brother

1 Like