Old School Batch

Well i have not been on here with you folks in over a year but i will say it has been quite a journey since the last time i was active, lot of things in life have happened some good but mostly not so good but im still kickin n still growin. This New Batch is goin to be very intresting indeed i have rectently upgraded everthing including 2 brand new 315 CMH’s, all organic Dr Earth food, 15 New plastic pots and some of the best coco coir i have ever seen along with some rare old school Columbian gold and Mazar I sheriff. currently im switchin my focus to pure old school strains and plan on breeding and preservin these unique n almost extinct strains before all this new designer weed erases the OG’s off the map for good. if u have any questions or just wan bs im here, thanks for stopin by. cheerz.

10 Likes

Beans have arrived

8 Likes

Good to see you back. Looking forward to seeing your grow.

5 Likes

appreciate it man, looking foward to it myself, very curious on how it’s goin turn out. I used organic cal mag from TPS nutrients the last batch n my smoke actully had some flavor for once so this product should be very differnt.

3 Likes

since both landraces can easily grow up to 8 feet, do u think a 2 week veg will be good enough??

2 Likes

love the idea of preserving the old strains seems seems like a popular idea these days but I want to wish u alot of luck and be safe

4 Likes

It should be fine. Where are you growing? Tent or just an open room? You can veg a little longer and do some training on them to keep them shorter. Or put up a trellis net.

Hi,
Have you tried their genetics yet? I’m actually looking to get back into the old school IBL’s as well. It kills me to think of how many thousands of them I tossed in the 80’s and 90’s, lol. Who would have known though; I do wish I would have started my seed collection much sooner though.
I’m currently trying to locate old school Poco (Aucapolco gold for you you haters out there, lol), Panama Red, Lambs Bread, Purple Haze, orig NL5 and White Widow, Durban, as well as anything else killer cool I can get my hands on.
I just redid my whole setup too this past year and finally broke down and switched from MHz/hps to LED’s. I have (5) brand new v3 Electric Sky es300’s in a 5x10 flower room, another two in a 5x5 fir Veg, a 300w Prism that I won off here about a year or so ago that I’m using for a mother room, as well as growing a couple autos in the extra space (want not, waste not, ya kno, lol?!?), and I have a 2x2x3 that I use for germination/seedlings that a have a Mars ts600 in (100w at wall: upto 3x3 veg and 2.5x2.5 flower), and I just got a couple Ipower 150watt triple head (3-10” t5 like LED’s) that I’m using for Cannabonsai I’m playing around with as well as two more in Pico single plant self watering units with adjustable height led lighting. I popped a few autos and photos for them and they’re coming along well. I’m just starting to manipulate and shape them. I figure they’ll make really cool gifts for smoking friends birthdays or whatever.

3 Likes

im using a tent frame in a 10x10 room, just trying figure out how minimize veg time but also amp up production. if they can grow up to 12 feet i wonder what a 12/12 would do?? only 1 way figure out i guess.

2 Likes

i have not grown pure- IBL strains before its completley new to me, i got the columbian gold from New420 guy cause it seems more legit then world of seeds and it has the same diescription of reefermans Columbian gold having the cat piss smell. down the road im going to cross it with columbian black and with the mazar im goin to take 2 more landrace mazars an make a F1 and crosss it to this one so i will have 4 differnt mazars from differnt time periods in 1 mix. i got over 16 pure strains from all over the world im going to be workin on not cali mix breeds like WW durban and NL5. dont get me wrong Led’s are awsome there all i ever used but i made the switch to CMH cuz its CRI is 96+ aand the sun is at a 100 so its as close as ur going to get, i tried growing some Himalayan the last round but they hermied within a week using Led’s and synthetic nutrients so keep that inn mind. barneys farm is the only one that has the acapulco gold unfortunally but i do know where to find lambsbread and panama red which are 2 pure strains on my list of preservation

3 Likes

i paid 200$$ for a Fixture n bulb vs havin pay 1000$$ for a decent led which all have the same limited spectrum so if ur on a tight budget like this homie, just lmk n i can give u links. ive done months n months worth of research man

2 Likes

Current

3 Likes

Nice :+1:. I hav a 315W CMH I run in the summer time. I love it really makes the plants frosty. You could top your plants a few times to keep them a little shorter. I have cut a foot off of a couple of plants and they bounce right back.

I cut at least a foot off of this one a while back and it’s back up to 3’ from the top of the soil. I also suppercropped it a bunch.

3 Likes

Yeah man, I think that should be fine bro.

It’ll be interesting to see; your going to have to do a hell of a lot of training to keep them low enough without chopping the fuck outta them.
Manipulate the stems 90% and grow them sideways. You’ll end up with a shit ton of killer top colas.

1 Like

Sup bro,
The only two IBL’s I’ve grown are Poco and Panama, but that was a good 20 or more years ago now, lol. As far as the lights I’ve used mh/hps for almost 30 years. It was all the stuff I read as well as what other growers said and all that eventually got me to switch over to them, but I was really hesitant. I probably woulda went with cmh if you could use air cooled hoods with them. As is, I wanted to try to minimize heat since I use co2.
I did a lot of research on LED’s and eventually went elec Sky as they have the most even spread I’ve seen on any grow light on the market and the par on the far corners are still around 800 at 18” and their aren’t any real hot spots. …the only bad part is they cost $695 a pop and only do a 2x4 flowering area each. They come with a 90 day money back guarantee though so you can try them out, and have a 3year warranty. I’ll let you know what I think of them as soon as I finish my first grow with them. Choice seeds has Acapulco Gold too. I just ordered some, but they’re not here yet, so I don’t know what they’re going to be like yet. I haven’t found any lambsbread or Panama yet…or anything else that matter.
Man, I wish I woulda saved all those seeds back in the day, Lol.

1 Like

i bet u are kickin urself i the ass but live n learn aye?? well alright fuck it heres links homie. Lambsbread - Old School Breeders Association
https://chosenseeds.com/product/panama-red-landraces/

1 Like

m not sure what m goin do yet, i got the beans soakin in water right now so m goin plant them tommorow, think i might try 12/12 or 11/13

1 Like

:ok_hand:on old school my brother, Popped some Mexican Heiloom and a few others.
I’m on the save the old strains kick as well. Found ruderalis, that Red bud I think the real seed company, found lambsbreath as well :v:t2:

1 Like

that what up, i saw some landrace beans from Highland Guerrero above Acapulco in mexico but there not available anymore man. mexican strain are the rarest to be able to find in my experiance. im plannin on preservin n sellin seeds on the cheap once i get everyhting cooked up. recently helped reeferman from old school find some real black vietmese which he used in alot creations includin willies favorite strain which was pretty dope.

2 Likes