OlyAutoflower Spring/Summer 2021 Project (Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing.)

I need to adopt your frame of mind of free water day and stop bitching about the ongoing June rains that are keeping me from some important business outside. I’m from the desert and don’t do well working in cold and rain. You might say I’m a fair weather person, otherwise, I hide out in the house.

3 Likes

Love following this project. Keep up the good work

2 Likes

@gotti3 Thank you. It’s been a lot of fun so far.

2 Likes

@OlyBoy how are you liking the Grobuckets?

3 Likes

Love your pictures Oly!
Your girls deserve mentioning also.
Well done as usual !

3 Likes

Thanks, Jammer. They’ve kept me busy this week and I have a big update coming in a few min. :evergreen_tree: :fire: :dash:

2 Likes

@ynotfish Here’s my autoflower grow journal.

4 Likes

Spiral 1

Day 75: The plants were not quite light enough to water today. We’ll have to tomorrow though.

6 or 7 leaves have turned brown/crispy and have come off in the last week.

Zz hasn’t lost any leaves yet.

Day 45: Weirdo ISK sure is trying.

Spiral 2

Day 43: I trimmed the first node leaves and branches off both big plants yesterday (maybe the day before).
I also took the big fan leaves off the 4th and 5th nodes.

And then I promptly broke one of the ISK’s 4th node branches almost completely off.
Sh!t! So I duct taped the branch back up.

Both of the plants got 2 gal of water w/ Jacks. The ISK got 10 ml of CannaGuard in her water. @erikmaguina

The baby Zkittles got 2 cups of regular water mixed with Roots Organic OregonXL (or whatever the hell its called).

Then a puff of wind blew a box on top of her.
Sh!t! So that’s why she’s propped up with a little stick.

Spiral 3

Day 12-ish

Each plant got regular water with mixed with Roots Organic OregonXL (I can’t remember where I put that bag down). @carriezrun

I transplanted the other two ISK babies into 3 gal pots and gave them about 1.5 cups of water. That plastic pot has 4 holes in the bottom of it. I drilled 8 more holes in the bottom. Both pots are filled with FFOF and each pot also got 3 (9 oz cup) scoops of perlite mixed in. @mudman

I’m just leaving them outside from now on. They’ll get a 2L bottle dome at night to protect them like everyone else has.

Dottie 2: Bale Baby (Wedding Cake)

I to get some tie-down straps and cinch the bale back together (kinda). Everything I tied together last year was unraveling.

She didn’t get watered today like any other upstairs plants.

And if you’re looking at the bale, turn left, look down, and you can see the bakery.

The ISK babies are on the right, sitting behind S3.

06/12

7 Likes

U are in the middle of a very impressive grow at all different stages. Good luck and be safe

1 Like

What are you baking? :thinking: other than brain cells.:joy: oh wait a minute if I recall that was frying.:joy::rofl::man_shrugging:

1 Like

Nice looking grow!

1 Like

Today’s journal entry is being brought to you by the letter F. As in, “F#ck this weather!”

Those little bowls were empty last night when I domed the seedlings. It rained last night, but I didn’t check the bowls this morning. Or the kiddie pool. Or the buckets on the back deck.

I don’t know if those little green floaty things (reservoir level indicators) on the Gro/Buckets were floating when I came downstairs to take their domes off this morning. But his afternoon (when the rain didn’t stop) I went to move the GroBuckets under cover and the green, floaty things were bobbing up and down. So I laid them on their side to drain the water from their reservoirs. The newly transplanted ISKs are thoroughly soaked also.

I have no idea how long it’ll take for the soil in the GroBuckets to dry out. I might be drilling holes tomorrow. @carriezrun @nacho151 @happilyretired @PreyBird1 @1sttimegrower @Jimhigh66 @bow4buck @mudman @Arrow @erikmaguina

And it wasn’t raining when we woke up this morning. The girls felt really light. And so I took the girls outside and the Wedding Cake and Zkittlez both got 6 cups of water and nutes and the ISK got 4 cups.

I brought them all back inside a few hours ago after the rain didn’t stop (and f#ck you too weather app) to dry out under the lights.

And f#ck this stupid bale of straw too.

I’m so pissed right now. The kiddie pool was rinsed out and emptied and dry last night. It currently has 2.5 inches of water in it. The bowls that I left out on the railing when I watered my plants this morning have a little more than 0.5 inches of water. I’m not a meterologist. I don’t know how much water we got. but it was more than we were expecting.

06/13

6 Likes

Dayummmm thats a lot of water! :eyes::eyes::pleading_face:

1 Like

You asked so here goes. Is there anyway that you can stick a tube or something down past the floaty thing or can you take the floaty thing out. And then vacuum with a shop vac the water out of the inside of the reservoir if it’s wicking it will work both ways so suck the water out tonight and then do it again in the morning and so on. In a few days things will be dried out well enough to where you can proceed on your current journey.
Looks like you’re going to be moving them things in and out of the rain for a minute aye.
Anyways that would be my suggestion

Oh yeah, don’t drill holes in your pots. Them plants are small you get the water out of the bottom of the pot they’ll dry out quick enough and be OK. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

@OlyBoy, @happilyretired has the best idea with the shop vac. That’s what I will use to flush in the future.

2 Likes

@OlyBoy if your going to grow outdoors here is a suggestion for you to use in the future. Elevate your plants on a movable cart and add this drain system. These picture are from my RO/DI storage bucket.

Everything I used was left overs from my past watering systems, but you can basiclly get at any hardware store or hydro shop or Amazon.

3 Likes

I might still be under-watering. Here they are yesterday vs today. It looks like they really liked all that rain!

yesterday

today

And

yesterday

today

I tried to get the same angle for both pics.

I brought the baby ISKs upstairs to sit with the rest of the pots in the closet.

and the GroBuckets are upstairs to sit under the overhang. @nacho151 @happilyretired Thank you for your ideas. I have a bunch of tubing and siphons that I use for homebrewing. I’m going to make the drain home already drilled a little larger to extract the water that I couldn’t get out by laying them on their sides.

The forecast shows that we are expecting a week of hot and (mostly) sunny weather starting on Wed.

I think that as soon as the canopy of the plants extend past the edges of the bucket, this shouldn’t be an issue any longer. And in the meantime, I’m just gonna move them under cover to avoid future soakings.

06/14

6 Likes

I know I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again today, and again in the future…

They look AWESOME! :metal: The big outdoor girls are going to be effing impressive! The ISK doesn’t even look upset with you for the branch incident.

3 Likes

I dont think your outdoor girls are slightly upset! Look at the stalks!!! Thicc!!! Looking AWESOME!!

3 Likes

I’ll give you a perspective on outdoor watering at least where I’m at with my soil, when I hit flower and I start mixing nutrients for my once a week feeding I will be mixing 35 gallons of nutrients once a week. That’s for roughly 6 plants. I will have a couple of small plants in pots also. I usually flood the area under the canopy with between one and 2 inches of water when I water or feed them. They will get water three times a week once with nutrients and two straight water.

Everything you got going here looks great. I kind of wish we had a little more rain here in California. If it’s green is irrigated. May through October usually little to no rain.

3 Likes