OlyAutoflower Spring/Summer 2021 Project (Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing.)

Looks Mavelous Dallling… :grin: if they start to stretch real good,and they might. Do t be afraid to tuck some big fan leaves. Let them buds get all that gorgeous sun light

3 Likes

My guess would be a week or more. That’s probably about going to be the difference between me going outside and someone growin the same seeds planted on the same day indoor.

2 Likes

Spiral 1

She looks like she’s almost ready!

Spiral 2
I tucked all the branches back inside the rings on the cage to support the weight of the branches later n flower. They got looong, skinny arms now.

Spiral 3

06/18

7 Likes

Spiral 1:

Neither plant got watered today. Still a little heavy from feeding a few days ago.

Spiral 2

These two plants are 33" from dirt to bud! I checked three times. I couldn’t believe it!

They each got 2 gal of water/nutes. @erikmaguina
I’ve seen a few leaf hoppers and a few chomped leaves. All the outdoor plants get sprayed with Lost Coast every couple of days after sundown. The ISK also has gotten sprayed with CannaGuard a couple times this week not on days when they were treated with Lost Coast.

This little one got .5 gal of water with Fish!t.

Spiral 3

Each of these plants got 3 cups of water and Fish!t.

Bale

06/19

5 Likes

Spiral 1

ISK got 4 cups of water & nutes

Zz wasn’t light enough to get any water today

Spiral 2

ISK says goodnight to the setting sun and is starting to droop for her bedtime.

@mudman She looks tall, don’t she?

Baby Zz is still trying to figure out what’s going on.

WC is stretching for all she’s got to get the last of the daylight.

BTW: From the ground to the TIP of those TOP leaves is >36". I normally measure from the ground to the top of what I’d consider the bud. But for the sake of the two pictures here in this journal entry, both autos have surpassed the 3 ft mark. :rofl:

Spiral 3

One of the bonus ISK’s is suuuper leggy and has been straining at the sun all day long.

So I built her (I hope it’s a her) a little hill of damp S#4 to prop her up straight.

The ISK in the black pot is older by a few days.

I’m going to start rotating these pots ninety degrees each day for a while.

The girl in the bale also got herself a little hill to help stand her back up.

I guess I could rotate the bale also, but that’s a PITA.

06/20

6 Likes

Them are some BIG autos!! Looks sweet! :+1::+1::v:

2 Likes

Thanks man! I have to dig through last year’s journal to see what the “street observable” limit is for the plants in the bakery. I can’t remember which spot was which. I think one was 48" and one was 52". But it could have been 52 and 58". I really hope it’s 52 and 58. That’s why two of those holes were dug. I had 7 gallon pots that I had to lower in the ground since I couldn’t raise the cover from street observability (but you reeeeealy gotta go out of the way and step on my property to see anything below that). I know I gotta couple of weeks before that would be an issue anyway.

3 Likes

She’s an absolute stunner! :metal: Everybody looks happy and healthy. Even the funky leaf weirdo. Lol I’m interested to see how my ISK compares to the WC for density and potency. Growing conditions don’t get much closer to identical. Should be a good comparison.

2 Likes

Day 84

She got 4 cups of water and nutes. When she is light enough to water again, she’ll be finished.

Day 54

ISK also got 4 cups of water and nutes.

Day 52

@mudman The ISK has surpassed the WC in height and is 37" from soil to the top of the bud!

WC is 35.5", soil to bud.

Each plant got 3 gallons of water & nutes today. @erikmaguina

Day 21-ish

This one got .75 gal of water & Fish!t.

The rest of these each got 3 cups of water and Fish!t. @carriezrun

The bonus ISKs are getting rotated now to alleviate too much leaning in one direction also.

The the bale WC gets watered with some sort of nutes a couple times each day.

06/21

6 Likes

NICE! She’s already taller than Aileen was when I chopped her. Sounds like she’s in full stretch mode. Time for the show! :metal:

1 Like

Have you grown in a bale before? Sorry if this is common knowledge. When I 1st saw you mention dropping into a bale, my curiosity sent me googling. I was curious as to how nutrients went. Great grow all around as well.

2 Likes

Looking good

2 Likes

No man, it’s good. I did grow a plant in a bale of straw last year.

I used Jacks321 the entire time. I should have given the plant more water and increased nutes, but it was still a good grow.

You have to water every day, sometimes multiple times per day (depending on heat), and I don’t recommend doing it, unless you just happen to have a bunch of bales just sitting around and you can let the runoff go right into the ground. It really was a pain in the butt.

4 Likes

I can’t grow outside where I’m at, but the idea seemed really cool. Even if it were for vegetables and stuff. It did turn out a good looking plant.

4 Likes

I gotta say it again, they all look SO GOOD! I keep coming back and looking at all my babies. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: But every singly one of your plants looks fantastic! Thank you for documenting so well and making me look good. :laughing: I gotta admit, I was pretty tickled by the fact that my ISK is bigger than the WC. Not too shabby considering she’s actually a little more indica heavy that the WC and was bred by some no name country boy with no grow budget. :rofl: I’m gonna have to go back through here at some point and put down notes on all of them.

4 Likes

It was kinda cool. I won’t be doing it again after this summer. lol!

I’m growing another clone of that plant (Wash) from last summer’s grow in my other journal to see the color change more.

3 Likes

I hope it’s useful to you and anyone else that decides to grow ISKs. And I’ve read and re-read Aileen’s journal entries on your perpetual journal. I have bookmarks on each Aileen entry with a “Day XX” entry and I have those dates saved along with my ISK’s calendar (clearly though, Spiral 2 isn’t matching up with any dates so far :rofl:). I’m using your data also. lol!

You know what’s funny about S2’s ISK? the top of the main stem REALLY tracks/follows the sun as it crosses the sky. Like a sunflower. Some other plants have done it, but none have as much as this one.

I’ll have to take some pics from the same spot throughout the day to show how much her top moves.

5 Likes

Wedding Cake all jarred up.

45.9 grams dry weight. I’m cool with that.

Plus I got 1.5 - 2 bowls of fat, frosty calyxes to try out later!

06/21

7 Likes

I love the little hills you’ve created for your little ones! Your plants are so luscious! So looking forward to reaching that stage!!

2 Likes

I second @mudman and his respect for your journal. I keep bookmarks on it and on some others’ on this forum.

Looking forward to seeing how the S2 ISK follows the sun. That is really neat!

3 Likes