OlyAutoflower Spring/Summer 2021 Project (Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing.)

Very nice! Vigorous roots you have there!!

3 Likes

I know, right?!? I don’t know why I was surprised to see them poking out of the bottom. That was what I wanted from these pots! For the roots to come out of the bottom!

I’m still watering in widening circles around the base of the plant. Then I start watering around the inside of the pot, I’ll start watching to see if/when the roots start growing out of the sides.

I know I have had a tendency to underwater… and I’m hoping to document this so when I plant directly into the ground for the next spiral, I water/feed more (enough) for more root growth when there’s no pot to restrict the growth. The photos that I planted in the ground last summer were beautiful bushes. I just can’t afford to harvest photos outdoors on their schedule.

5 Likes

I think we’re about to see some good growth this next week!

5 Likes

That’s fantastic. ISK does seem to like a big root zone, so it makes sense. The girl on IG who’s growing it didn’t get hers transplanted early enough. It’s not showing much growth at the branch tips yet and it’s preflowering. :neutral_face: I’ve been robbing your pics to share. I hope you don’t mind. I have a feeling yours will turn out better than hers, but she’s a first timer.

3 Likes

Heck no I don’t mind. Why isn’t she on GN yet? I have all of your Aileen posts bookmarked so I can watch my grow and follow along with your inaugural ISK grow.

3 Likes

Day 14

04/12

9 Likes

Let’s play “spot the indica heavy hybrid”… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I swear watching other people grow my strain is almost as good as growing the first one myself.

5 Likes

Good question. I need to invite her.

4 Likes

She’s got the same fat leaves that Aileen had doesn’t she?

4 Likes

Yes, sir. Nice and thick.

4 Likes

You up for growing some Tatooine Sunset, ISK f2, and Purpetrator when the time comes? I figure, if you’re interested, I’ll just go ahead and officially make you an official tester. :wink:

5 Likes

Hellz yeah! That would be rad!

5 Likes

BTW, I went back and looked at pics. Your ISK is outpacing Aileen.

5 Likes

Day 15

That funny clear skin is peeling off the stems of the two bigger plants.

04/13

10 Likes

I think I’ll call the ISK “Mallory” after Juliette Lewis’ character in Natural Born Killers.

@mudman She has the same wavy-leaf thing going on like Alieen did.

4 Likes

Nice choice!

Growing the leaves so fat, so quickly. They can’t get themselves stretched out fast enough. :grin:

5 Likes

These plants have been getting direct sunshine for about 6 hrs a day and spend the rest of the time in my closet.

They got another watering with mag today. The Zkittlez has a taproot in the perlite now. I won’t be picking it up by the mesh pot any more to protect the roots.

4 Likes

This damn near made me spit out my drink!

:rofl:

10 Likes

I saw this. All I could do was shake my head. Go home, Steve. :laughing:

2 Likes

Day 16

04/14

13 Likes