OlyBoy's (Dunning–Kruger growing style) Last Wash Clone rambling thread with bad advice

You will likey the Charge Again!! Bueno producto!

4 Likes

I know, right?!? Welcome, bro!

6 Likes

You already know I’m about to dive into this journal as well! Good to see you over here @OlyBoy

5 Likes

Here’s my grow room.

Here’s my clone room.

And here’s the lobby waiting to get into the clone room.

Here’s the toxie today.

And the tree got .5 gal water with some recharge. The little clones got some also.

02/11

15 Likes

Toxie

Here’s how she looking after getting her first feeding of Recharge last week.

She got .5 gal plain water today.

02/15

12 Likes

Lol, I’d say it looks like you’re expanding :grin:

9 Likes

Yeah, it sure feels like it! :rofl:

I’m convinced that the weird leaf thing that I’ve had with the big clone was a result VPD being completely out of whack. Go figure. Now that I’m figuring out what my living area are like during the winter months, I’m kinda surprised that any freaking clones have ever survived growing on the counter during the winter.

I’ve been putting them all in the closet once or twice a week (or outside when they can) until they are a bit more stable.

And if I do another living room clone plant next winter, I want a smaller (more manageable) plant.

This one has grown to ~36". Too big for this environment, I think.

(in the past three weeks, I removed anything I considered slightly necrotic, all the branches I thought I’d try to braid, and 6-8 smaller branches that I thought were just crowding things. I let her dry, gave her a half gal of water and fishit, let her dry, gave her another half gallon of water and Recharge, and now I’m letting her dry out again before giving her more water and nutes.)

I’ll start my clone later in the fall and try to keep it smaller. I’m also wondering… if the ambient temp in that corner is in the low 60s, what would happen if that plant sat on a heating mat for 6-8 hours at night? I’m thinking that the ridiculously low VPD in the living room is the reason that it takes so freaking long for the plant to drink everything when the soil/water in the pot never has a chance to really get warm. Maybe next winter try it with better draining soil also.

She should be a cute, little tree when it’s time for her to go outside.

10 Likes

It’s what’s for breakfast.

What’s everyone else having today?

10 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I always love a good Interstate Killer nug shot. :metal::grin::metal:

4 Likes

Dude… I’ve never had my humidity within 30% of a vpd chart preference. LoL. I’m not proud just saying. All of my Lemon Chz … both tries, have had weird ass leaves. I’ve always thought it was genetic, you don’t think so huh. Yours was a bit different then mine since mine was always the first leaves off of the shoot.

2 Likes

I’ll be enjoying some cookies today. I know cookies can be over done but I like good cookies and these are :grin:

8 Likes

Damn Oly, I’m so glad it was VPD and NOT NUTRINOS!
I can finally take off my tinfoil hat…(the neighbors have been looking at me a little funny)

With summer soon to be here I’ve been searching the web for ‘nutrino screen’ cream to no avail…
I’m going to be sleeping much sounder now…THANKS!

6 Likes

That little Wash clone is growing in a tiny pot of Sohum.

This might be the Frank’s Red Hot Sauce of soil.

She seems to like it okay. She’s also been ignored today and I left her dome on her. She’s domeless now.

12 Likes

When this plan bounces back, it gets crazy growth like it’s revegging. Growth sprouts from everywhere. So I cleaned her up again.

before

after

This is the first time the plant started making calyxes during recovery.

Here’s a few more before and after pics.

13 Likes

She already looks to be quite a cute little tree!! Is that my clone’s mama? BTW, my little clone is doing well. Still living as a house plant amongst all my house plants. Growing slowly, like I want LOL … I should probably be feeding it? So far, I’ve only watered.

Hahahahaahaaa

5 Likes

It is!

12 Likes

Hi Momma!!

8 Likes

Hi sister!

@repins12 has a Wash sister on the east coast…

9 Likes

I hope I’m re-reading that question correctly. It’s been almost three months since I dropped the plant off, so I think a little plant food would be okay at this point. omg…that is a real testament to the heartiness of that plant!

And I’d also remove some of that baby growth. Mine has a tendency to get out of hand really quickly.

8 Likes

The weather today was amazing.

So everyone got put outside for a bit.

Here that view…

02/24

12 Likes