OlyBoy's (Dunning–Kruger growing style) Last Wash Clone rambling thread with bad advice

Posts/replies can’t be shorter than 10 characters.

3 Likes

Each post has to have at least a word or punctuation that has 10 letters in it! Count the 1st sentence of this post and it has 64 characters in it. UPDATE @mrwonderful the system wont let you post and warns you of the 10 Character rule.

3 Likes

Oh man! I have violated that at a least once. I think I’ll have a puff and reflect on my sinful ways. Ignorance of the 10 Character rule is no excuse.

5 Likes

She had more balls this morning.

So she’s banished to the living room for the next few days.

02/02

I have missed you so much. I don’t know where you’re headed, but can you call in sick? :joy:

8 Likes

What if the reason Red Toxie herm’d wasn’t genetics as much as it was environmental? Except for a few autos that herm’d close to harvest last year, this is my first herm plant. And I don’t know why RT herm’d.
(I know everyone has their own theories about what causes herm’ing. I think most of them are pretty cool. But I don’t want to get into the ‘why’ if it’s not necessary.)
Because I have clones from RT that were taken 1 week and 2 weeks ago.

Has anyone grown a clone to successful harvest AFTER the mother plant had herm’d?

@LoCoRocK @chrisj @nacho151 @Dog_Fart1 @mudman @PreyBird1 @bow4buck @LasVegas7 @happilyretired @ravenchief @repins12

I kinda want to keep one or two of the RT clones around, flip to 12/12 when they get established and show more pistils. If they don’t show any signs of hermaphrodism after 10-14 days, flip them back to veg until spring and put them outside.

Of course one (or both) of them of them could herm. Probably genetics. That really wouldn’t surprise me.

But what if one (or both) of them didn’t herm? Maybe the reason why RT herm’d was not genetic, but environmental… Wouldn’t the clones have another chance at staying female throughout harvest, if they didn’t have the same environmental stressors that caused the mother plant to herm?

I understand that if one of the clones does indeed make it to harvest, is still might carry a genetic predisposition to hermaphrodism. So I’d have to keep a closer eye on it. And I’d probably grow it away from other plants. I certainly won’t grow it down in the bakery… What if they don’t herm?

I know someone’s had to have tried it. This might also be the latest in a long list of bad ideas. I don’t know.

@TheMadFlascher Bob, I see your name all over the threads… Have you seen anyone see if this works? If you could tag them here, I’d appreciate it.

8 Likes

I have tried it. And ive seen the clones herm and i have also seen them not hermie also. But the genetic line it came from did hermie. But i have seeds of this strain that are S1 and all those seeds regrown out to flower have have all produced plants that have an amazing flower but at week 7.5-8 it produces male flowers. They appear more as if the plant is over ripe and starting to self pollinate. Usually it only makes
like 15 seeds or so. Its odd and i have 4 generations of its seeds. I still grow it because its such good bud. And i enjoy smoking it and i dont even give away the seeds because i always just regrow them for myself.

Edit: in fact i just smoked a big Bud over 2 days and i got another seed. I just add them to the others i collect.

Man it such good flower i dont even share it much. I think its ironic that it makes seeds but is still sooo good. This seed came from a pair of clones ive been running for a year now. That were grown from seed of a known hermie line.

11 Likes

I haven’t tried it. However I’ve been lucky so far and I have never had a photo strain hermie on me. I did have 9 auto’s hermie and I gave up trying to grow auto’s.

6 Likes

I got nothing, sorry :man_shrugging::+1:t3:

6 Likes

Flasch is our superstar here. Lol

6 Likes

@OlyBoy, Based on @PreyBird1 's practical experience I’d say grow your clones and see how they turn out.!

If the Red Toxie lineage DOESN’T have a reputation for herms I’d say your chances at sucess are pretty good. Do remember we can’t fight genetics (We can however cross breed and hybridize) to weaken the expression of the hermie genes.

5 Likes

Day 22 trim for Toxie.

Before

After

I left the lower, even-number fingered fan leaves just for kicks. I trimmed a few off by accident.

OlyGirl and are going to trim the Red Toxie this afternoon. I still haven’t decided on whether or not to keep her. @LasVegas7

I gave her a thorough exam last night and could not find a single new pollen sack. If there’s no signs of new pollen sacks after trimming (and again tomorrow morning) she might go back in the closet with yellow toxie for further examination.

02/05

12 Likes

Day 24

She seems to be doing pretty good!

Maybe one more week of stretch? I hope so.

And she’s starting to show a little powdered sugar.

The Red Toxie got the chop yesterday. :disappointed: OlyGirl got a chance to trim an indoor plant on Saturday (the Red Toxie). :flushed: After I explained what I had done with the Yellow Toxie, she got a mad-scientist look in her eyes…

(then she took a few leaves off of the yellow toxie that she thought I missed. :rofl:)

Unfortunately, the Red Toxie had more pollen sacks Sunday morning, so she got the axe. Oh well… We’ve still got one to play with.

Spring is right around the corner, so I have to make a decision soon on my spring/summer auto-flower grow…

02/07

13 Likes

OlyGirl looks to be a master grower in training. growing

6 Likes

What’s up @jaxsonl5 ? How you been?

4 Likes

Hey Oly !

Wow that’s an ambitious trainee you got there!!!
She’s the perfect size! You might want to treat her with dwarfing compound to maintain her ‘optimal’ utilization!!!

BTW…just knowing kids…you may want to hide those pruning shears! LOL, over the years I’ve seen a couple of kids do their own haircut thing!!!

5 Likes

Things are getting better @OlyBoy, how about yourself! Glad you tagged me, gots to get caught up on your thread here (been going through GN threads like a madman getting caught up here!). Toxie looking :fire: that training is primo growmie :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Good to see you back, dude. Do you have anything growing?

2 Likes

It’s too nice outside!

I’ll probably just keep her out for an hour or two.

02/09

12 Likes

Thanks man, and yes got a grow going now. I’ll tag you over there :+1:

That leaf structure, I’m a sucker for those bird’s eye pics! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

She got .5 gal water and Recharge this morning. Haven’t tried Recharge yet…

02/10

11 Likes