OlyBoy's (Dunning–Kruger growing style) Last Wash Clone rambling thread with bad advice

Yowza! ok! that’s kinda what I had thought. too much for me.

3 Likes

I get a nice 4x4 - 5x5 area depending on the height of the light.

5 Likes

I would do up to a 5x5 through flower but these days I might do it in a 4x4 like @PreyBird1 said… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And a hefty electric bill to boot, unless your preybird. He’s got it down to a science.

6 Likes

I wish I could. Soon maybe…

4 Likes

Day 10. Here comes the stretch.

I think I’m finished taking off new bud sites until day 21.

01/24

10 Likes

My counting sucks because I seem to have gotten it wrong in a previous journal entries. Here we go again.

Here are the plants tonight at lights out.
Red Toxie has six colas and the main stem going.
Yellow Toxie has five colas and the main stem.

I took two branches off last night that didn’t look like they’d be contenders.

So I stuck them in clonex for a min and them stuck them on the counter.

I took those branches off ten days after flipping. They’re showing pistils. I want to see what happens.

01/25

13 Likes

I’m convinced enough, after reading Prey’s response in Nacho’s grow thread, to believe the Monkey Cake seeds “walked off” due to the growing medium was not as dense or as packed as I was used to growing in.

And I also just noticed how stupid the yellow toxie was growing before I mashed the soil down to get the green wire-prop thing to stay in place. Once I mashed the soil down (somewhere between 12-15 days above the soil) she took off. Sohum is fluffy. You gotta mash it down a little bit. I could be wrong… I’ve been convinced by a lot less than my person anecdotal evidence… :rofl: Next time I grow with Sohum, I’ll have to remember this.

9 Likes

Every time I try to find my autoflower thread, I get sidetracked and I end up reading about whatever. And my autoflower thread links back up to here but I can’t find where.

Anyway, I just found this jar of the weird looking ISK that was from the first three autos. I thought it was something else until I removed he jar that was on top of it. When I opened the jar… it still smells like summer.

Edit: Found it!

Lemon cheesecake sunshine.

11 Likes

Those will root. It may take 2 weeks but it will eventually root. I want to do a kratkeys non circulating hydroponic method and just add a small fish air pump and stone in a container like that and try and root it faster? That way the water oxegenates. Because every time ive done it its taken 2-3 weeks to root.

4 Likes

I’m pre-heating the oven now, as a matter of fact lol

I’m not sure why wow’s pic didn’t come over with the link… Oh well, here it is.

6 Likes

Day 15

The yellow Toxie was accidentally topped at the 8th (I think node).

They are drinking a lot more than I was used to.

The smell is still vaguely reminiscent of a gym bag and socks. :hushed:

01/29

10 Likes

Day 17
Red Toxie is on the right of the hygrometer string.

Lights out last night…

Lights on this morning…

It looks like they were busy last night!

01/31

9 Likes

Dammit.

Red Toxie…

02/01

10 Likes

That’s a shame unless you’re wanting seeds!

4 Likes

Bummer!

10 characters

5 Likes

ya know? Maybe? I took one of the little branches that had balls on it and I’ve set it aside in some clonex and water in a different room.

I’ve always been afraid of what I might do if I had pollen that I collected. Because I know that if I had just a crapload of seeds, I’d be johnny appleseed-ing seeds here and there in all the nature areas nearby. And there are dozens of miles of nature trails around here. Terrible idea. I know. I still kinda wanna do it.

9 Likes

:rofl: I’ve always found that rule pretty funny. But I hope they don’t change it.

Yeah. It sucks. This is my first “hermie early in flower” though (today was Day 18 since flip).

I went over every cola and every bud site twice and sliced off anything that I thought looked suspicious.

I took off a bunch of stupid calyxes, but there were pollen sacks on probably every cola.

I don’t know if red toxie will stay in the closet much longer. I’m going to check her first thing when the lights come on and if I see a single nanner, she’s out for good. I’ll keep her alive until Saturday at least.

I’m going to buy another one of these tables. Being able to raise the surface to whatever level I want to work with plants is great.

7 Likes

I actually planned on doing this with some of my random seeds last year and never got around to it.

5 Likes

What is the “10 Character” rule?

3 Likes