OlyBoy's (Dunning–Kruger growing style) Last Wash Clone rambling thread with bad advice

ummm… holy crap! I never googled it before either.

I read that CBT article

and I thought “this m-er-f-er” is totally ripping off my grow style.

Spoiler Alert: The article has nothing to do with my journal.

But at least half of it totally could be about my journal. :joy: :rofl: :joy:

7 Likes

I’ve got backups for the Mendo Mike and the Monkey Cake… but they’re not as photogenetic lol

30-ish days. no signs of sex yet.

… …

I don’t know what I did wrong the last time I tried topping a plant. But I totally get what happens now.

Every remaining bud site doubled in a week, and bud sites popped outta places I didn’t know were bud sites. Every other day I’m re-stripping the inside of all the lower branches.

I think I’m going to have to get those measuring sticks from last year to see what happens when we flip these girls.

… …

This plant is going to blow tf up when we flip it.

I’m not a betting man, but I’ll bet we see fireworks this June.

And I heard a rumor that we might be seeing some Joan Clones in their Natural State soon.
(see what i did there?)

10 Likes

Has anyone grown in coco coir AND in Sohum living soil? How similar is the watering schedule? I’ve never grown in coco, so I wouldn’t know.

What I do know, is that I haven’t had a plant drink as much as this plant.

I give it a half gallon of water every morning. I water to runoff and the plant soaks it up. every morning the plant is light af. when I’ve grown in Sunshine mix #4, they only drank like this in the final weeks leading up to harvest.

it’s a 3-gallon amazon cloth pot filled to the (almost) brim with Sohum. I have a kush in a 3 gallon rainscience pot and it’s almost as big as this plant.

@LoCoRocK @Slym3r @bow4buck @happilyretired @mudman @nacho151 @PreyBird1 @1sttimegrower @happyhippy @hoppiefrog @TheMadFlascher
So my question is this…

How would a living soil like Sohum act/behave a Growbucket like this?

I was just wondering if the Sohum would become more soil-y and not as light if it was in a bucket (and not a breathable pot).

11 Likes

Man you got a lot going on love it. Did you go on ahead and push one if thise off the railing to get it out if the way? Lmfao still cracking up over that. Where’s my cuts brother? :wink: excited to see your summer grows

8 Likes

It definitely wouldn’t lose as much moisture to evaporation. I don’t know if that would be a good or bad thing for the soil itself though.

7 Likes

Don’t know either, however the bucket besides losing less moisture to evaporation, is going to have less oxygenation to the roots (primary idea in air pots and cloth bags) !?

I notice that Sohum stores their ‘soil’ in perforated bags, which they suggest should be placed in an area of adequate air flow. I believe they note this because their microbes are aerobic, Anaerobic (lack of oxygen) conditions would not only hamper their viability, but also Anaerobic bacteria are not desirable at ALL!

I still don’t have a definitive answer for you, but would EXPECT less aeration in a plastic 5 gal bucket.
Smaller pastic pots or perforated plastic grow bags may be fine!?

7 Likes

I’ve never tried living soil but look forward to seeing your results!

6 Likes

Havnt ever used Sohum but I mix coco and promix. Most of my plants right now are in that mix. Pro mix has alot of perlite in but but I add some extra for better draining.
I use the same water schedule as if it were straight coco. Mine currently get fed and watered every day for 90sec on a 480gal pump.

8 Likes

I have only tried growing in hydro and soil. I have never did the organic living soil thing, or coco.

7 Likes

I’ve actually never seen how the grow Bucket works and I’ve never used that soil mix. So I really have no idea. But I would imagine it would work fine. Set one up and you’ll know real quick. :+1:t3::v:t3:

7 Likes

The Grobuckets are just soil or coco wicking systems.

6 Likes

Move it up to a bigger pot if she’s drinking every day then… I can’t have that - there are definitely days they don’t get my full attention. Shit lol weeks I mean! LoL
I am getting my shit together for the outdoor summer grow O… gonna do it yet again - to be filled with sorrow & despair. Actually the 2 outside now are doing very well but I’m in the home stretch… Just about 2 weeks away from prime mold time.

11 Likes

I have no idea. I’ve only grown the one time, using FFOF and Sunshine #4 with perlite added in. Hmmm, wonder where I got thems ideas … :slight_smile:

6 Likes

everyone got watered and fed this morning…

JA

VK

Seedlings and clones.

Then everyone went outside and got rained on.

It’s sunny again.

04/27

16 Likes

Hell yeah.

13 Likes

Nice score man…good or what???:grin::v::call_me_hand:

8 Likes

It’s f#ck!ng great. I don’t know about 500 bucks great…

But it’s LASER WEED!

12 Likes

Your girls are looking stellar Oly!!
LOL, you better get some seat belts for those girls on the hand railing!
I understand this site may be monitored by the SPCC (Society for the Prevention of Cannabis Cruelty) !!

12 Likes

LASER WEED!!!

10 Likes

Dropping seeds

13 Likes