OlyBoy's growing indoors this time (Sunset Sherbet)

So I’m trying to grow indoors again. I swore that I was only going to grow ONE plant this time. Most of us have said something like this from time to time…And we all know how that story ends. I’m a liar.

Duchess popped out of the dirt on 10/13 and Shawty popped up on 10/14. I didn’t think Shawty would grow, so I dropped another seed a few days later. Backup popped out of the dirt on 10/21.

Duchess and Backup were transplanted to their 3-gal pots on 10/30. Duchess was (and still is) 8 days older than Backup.

I’m growing in a 50/50 mixture of FFOF and Sunshine Mix #4. I’ve got 1x HLG (HLG 100 V2 3000K) and 1 Amazon LED special (Lenofocus LED Grow Light 672 LED Full Spectrum White 3000K 5000K Red IR).

HLG

So my grow space is 27” x 34”. I could make it 31 x 39 pretty easily, but I would run into a slight issue with the lights not being centered over the plants. The lights are currently ~12” above the plants.

GS1

I’m watering with Epson Salts with each watering, and in a week or so, I’ll start using Jacks321 for my nutes though to harvest.

17 Likes

Here they are at week 4/5

SS1

I topped them at the 3rd node and trained their six branches to grow horizontally. Then I laced them through binder clips on the sides of their pots. I like this technique because I’m lazy.

SS2

But since Duchess is 8 days older than Backup, her branches are a little longer. And three of her six branches were too damn long.

SS3

Here’s what I did with Duchess:

I made her longest/tallest branch pliable, then I shaped it into a 180 and then tied it down.

Then I scooted the two adjacent branches over (which is why I love the binder clip technique) and twisted them a little bit so they would lie down a little.

Here’s what it looked like from the side.

15 Likes

And that brings us to this morning.

That bend looks like it would hurt, but she’s doing just fine.

And it looks like all of the branches are growing at a uniform height now. Yay.

12/02

31 Likes

Looking good @OlyBoy!
My last grow I implemented LST. It will now be a permanent procedure with my grows.
Keep up the great work, and stay growing.

6 Likes

Watching

Looking good. :metal:

4 Likes

@mj1 Here it is!

4 Likes

Cool. I love Dutch Treat… I’ve had Dutchess too… Good times lol

Hey maybe u can coach me on how to make your beaches apart like yours???

I’ve never done that.

4 Likes

I watered my plants by their weight. Today both plants felt very light so they got watered. Here’s where we were at today.

12/04

9 Likes

The shape and color of the leaves is so different from my previous grows.

I would be interested to see what anyone else’s grow of SS looks like this at this stage.

12/05

10 Likes

Beautiful leaves

3 Likes

I think so too! These leaves are also very textured. Even though they are soft and pliable, the younger leaves have ridges (like Rrruffles have rrridges) that flatten out as they get bigger. And they don’t seem to flatten out at a uniform rate. They look crinkled up for a day or three as parts of the leaves grow and flatten out, but they do flatten out eventually. I’m fascinated just watching it happen because it’s so different from Wash or any of her clones and those project grows.

I figure it’s a combination of genetics and a new growing medium.

I over-reached with all of my grow projects this past spring/summer and didn’t pas much attention to everything that I had going on. I can be more attentive to these girls now that I’ve most of the other ones all wrapped up.

3 Likes

Five weeks since transplant.

I’m probably going to be flipping the girls this weekend.

12/07

8 Likes

Damn those are huge fan leaves!!!

2 Likes

Dammit. I just gave the girls a big drink of water this morning.

And now I see signs of a nutrient deficiency. I wish I noticed that this morning. Dammit.

Now I have to wait a few days to feed them.

12/08

7 Likes

Today is the last day of 18/6. They will spend all day tomorrow in the dark.

After that they’ll get the flip to 12/12.

10/09

9 Likes

Looking good Oly! :metal:

3 Likes

Beautiful looking plants, and yes those leaves are friggin huge.

3 Likes

Thanks, brother. As much as I’d like to wait to flip, I’m concerned with my limited indoor grow space.

I can’t be too concerned with net weight with this grow, I still have way too much flower from all the Wash harvest! That’s a good problem to have. Right? lol!

3 Likes

right?!? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m pretty stoked about the colors that the girls are showing. My last grow had some really dark/purple growth. I’m hoping this strain does the same thing.

3 Likes

Those leaves though. Huge!!!

2 Likes