OlyBoy's growing indoors this time (Sunset Sherbet)

Here they are, right as the lights were turned on.

12/11

11 Likes

Okay. Day Zero of 12/12.

The little ladies got their first real haircut and a full dose of Jacks321.

12/11

12 Likes

Do you have any weight predictions?

1 Like

Very awesome. Nice and symmetrical.

2 Likes

No… I’ve never grown this strain before. And it’s only my second indoor grow.

But I’ll let everybody know in about 2 1/2 months!

3 Likes

Thank you! It actually turned out better than I thought it would. LOL!

2 Likes

It always surprises me when I watch the resiliency of our plants…

Here’s Duchess showing off her twistiness.

And we’re not quite done with her yet.

12/12

7 Likes

The little ladies are getting some color back after getting their Jacks321 a couple of days ago. I really should have started them on Jack’s a week earlier.

Here are some pictures showing the addition training that Duchess got.

Her growth was a little more spread out, and I wanted to bring it back in a little. I know it’s going to spread more, but now it’s closer to Backup’s diameter.

12/14

8 Likes

I just flipped my plants to 12/12 a few days ago.

Currently, my lights are ~18" above the tops of the plants. Different threads suggest conflicting information for the height that the lights should be at for this stage of flower.

@hellraiser @bulldognuts @LoCoRocK @repins12 @mudman @scotty17 @kdawg @tenga @pptrsha1 @greensnek

My grow area is limited. What height should the my lights be at for now, and what should I be looking for when it comes time to adjust the heights (raise or lower)?

I’ve got 1x HLG (HLG 100 V2 3000K) and 1 Amazon LED special (Lenofocus LED Grow Light 672 LED Full Spectrum White 3000K 5000K Red IR).

8 Likes

I usually go by the manufacturer’s data for starters then adjust to find the sweet spot. I get the light as close as I can until I see a touch of burn on the leaf tips then back off just a couple inches. Ideally you want them as close as you can get them without light bleaching or heat burn. But that’s just how I do it. Watch for the upper leaves getting a taco shape to them. That’s a sign you need to raise them or if the tips start to burn.

4 Likes

That’s what I thought. Manufacturer’s pages say “Veg Footprint: 2.5×2.5FT at 16-18in height” and the other says “output of 450 umol/m²/s at 18 inches”. So I’m basing my distance off of that for now. (and I have no ideas what 450 umoles per meter squared per second means)

But I’ve seen a bunch of threads here (and elsewhere) that have some growers at 2 and 2.5 above the tops, and a few have that have similar lights as close as 12".

If anyone with the basic types of lights similar to mine have their lights set at a different height during flower, I would like to hear how high (or low) their lights are set and the reason why they set them that height.

Kind of like being in the military: if you ask 10 people their secret to spit-shining boots, you’re gonna get 13 answers. I don’t think there’s any real right answer, I just wanted to know what other folks were doing.

5 Likes

Hi Olyboy!
Im not much help (sorry)-- i mostly grow outdoors. Also, in ur tags-- Hellraiser and the Bulldog just check in here from time to time.
Do u know @Happilyretired and @green707thumb? Try them if u want more feedback. As well as the others u tagged.

3 Likes

Thanks for the input! My most productive plants have been outdoors. When I grow outdoors, it’s not like I thought about how far away I’m gonna put the sun. lol! So easy not to think about!

I appreciate you tagging @happilyretired and @green707thumb. I am still learning who the right people here are to ask for different grows.

:v:t3:

13 Likes

I’m running 3- HLG 260 xl’s and 2- 550’s in my 8x8 and I keep them pinned to the top of the tent the entire grow. That’s just where my plants seem to like em :v:t4:

5 Likes

More than happy to weigh in - just give me till tmw! :joy::yawning_face::sleeping::sleeping:

3 Likes

I run 1 hlg 260 xl in my 2.75x 3.5 closet I found 21 in to be perfect for flower but I bet you could get as close as 16 in with the 100

2 Likes

i used that same light my first grow. the best i could do was hang it as far down over the tops of my plants and check for heat or any stress. then i threw everything with a lightbulb at them. sides, middle, corners, if i had space it got a lightbulb

3 Likes

Man everybody’s in here runs qb boards huh… mine are at the top of the room as well. I don’t have to worry about height though in all fairness.

4 Likes

Them is some twisty turny plants if I ever seen. Looks pretty neat to be honest, I don’t know what to call them like small bonsai :palm_tree:

3 Likes

Some of the best new bonsai I have seen actually.

1 Like