OlyBoy's growing indoors this time (Sunset Sherbet)

Thanks for the tag @tenga
I use a light meter and I can’t tell you how I do it because I got a relearn it every time. But once I get my distance set I just keep adjusting it to that. What I do know is you’re better off a little further away than to close. To close causes a lot of bad juju heat stress, light burn, Fox tailing etc…

6 Likes

I’m trying!

And thanks to everyone for their advice!

3 Likes

The girls got fed again this morning.

Shawty is showing more root growth.

12/15

12 Likes

So beautiful!

2 Likes

Does she sit in water? If you keep them lifted off the ground even an inch of air space with air circulation underneath the roots should air prune themselves. It don’t matter none really … I’m Actually just passing on the Epiphany I had when someone explained air pruning to someone one day…lol I was like duh… Thus AIR pruning… Lol
I see the clear cup now…so she sits inside a red solo - gotcha :+1: I use to never use the clear inside a red but it is the way to go and it’s how I germ now all the time.

6 Likes

I usually start my lights at about 24" above the plant tops and end up with 18-20" above the tops, could go a little lower with the 100.

5 Likes

She doesn’t sit in the water. There’s a small-ish rock in the outside cup that keeps the clear cup about 1/4” off the bottom.

When I fed her this morning the water was covering the rock. As I take this picture now the roots have absorbed the water and it’s almost all gone!

5 Likes

@Arrow Thanks!

3 Likes

I’m pretty stoked that the canopy height is level now.

12/16

10 Likes

That carpet would never survive one of my grows lol.

3 Likes

Ok now not wanting to sound stupid here…but how in the hell did you get the stems through those spring clips??? And aren’t you worried the hole will get too small as they grow?

1 Like

The binder clips come park like this.

I just put the silver part over the branch and then reattach it to the clip then put the clip onto the edge of the pot. I have done this with previous grows and the branches have never been affected by the size of the binder clip.

8 Likes

Cool I figured it had to be something like that, I envisioned you threading the stem and leaves through the hole…poor little plant lol… Lookin good !

2 Likes

Today is day seven since flipping to 12/12.

There’s a lot of new growth!

12/18

14 Likes

Nice oly sho nuff

4 Likes

Who knew… Binder clips come apart and their not just broken.

6 Likes

Thanks, Blue. My first indoor grow was such a cl#sterf!ck, I’m thrilled to see this progress.

3 Likes

Your plant color seems to indicate you are feeding too little. Like the stress training. :facepunch:t3::facepunch:t3::facepunch:t3:

1 Like

I started 12/12 lights on the date 12/12, because I thought it would be easy to remember.

Anyway, It’s been a full week of 12/12 lights, and I defoliated a little today. I only took the leaves that I though were blocking the growth of the bud sites.

Both pots are already starting to feel light, so they’ll get fed tomorrow morning.

12/19

8 Likes

The girls got fed this morning.

I raised the lights a few clicks to keep pace with their growth.

12/20

13 Likes