OlyBoy's growing indoors this time (Sunset Sherbet)

Got mine from kelp4less.com I’m thinking Jack’s may need a little adjusting depending on strain and environment. Not sure yet. Others are using it as directed with no issues. Even greengenes says he has to tweak his a bit. But it is said that all you should need to do is adjust A and B as needed n that’s about it. I saw greengene adding npk on one of his vids in flower so I tried and it’s working. Maybe just dumb luck lol.

4 Likes

That dudes on eBay bought stuff from him
Sells good stuff bought my kelp and bat guano
From them is what I use.

1 Like

No I have not. I started these two plants in 50/50 FFOF and neutral soil mix. Around 5 weeks I started to notice signs of deficiencies in the leaves and I started Jacks right away.

I am watching out for signs of toxicity now that I am starting the Flower Fuel (1-34-32) again. I didn’t see any signs when I checked on them this morning though.

2 Likes

I’ve heard more and more people talking about these. And Recharge. I’m going to have to read more about them.

I like using Jacks321 because it’s so easy. But damn, there’s something in my brain that just wants to keep tweaking it and leading me down a path where it won’t be so easy anymore. I remember imsickkid (and others) saying “Don’t change anything. Same from start to finish.” But when I read more about adding this or using less of that, I literally imagine Emperor Palpatine saying, “Good! Give in to your feelings. You should do it!”

3 Likes

I was good on straight Jack’s 321 till about 2 weeks after flipping. They were still very healthy but turning lighter green with dark leaf veins. Kept getting lighter. That’s when I changed it up a bit and added mkp. They been happy since so far. I’m feeding full amount every two days now since flower. I think the tribus is a great help in getting them to eat everything I’m feeding them and being happy about. The silica is making nice strong stems for one thing. Im going to add a net just to help the spread. The stems are strong enough I don’t need the extra support though.

1 Like

I make 10 gal of Jacks321 solutions in advance. I dissolve 36g of Part A, 24g of Part B, and 11g of Epson Salts separately in 2 liter soda bottles.

2 liters is roughly 67 fluid oz. My soda bottles have lines to show where 60 fl oz is. (I filled a bottle up with water, measured out 7 fluid oz, and drew a line.) Today I filled them up too much. Lol. Little stoned this afternoon. Anyway, I keep the bottles in the dark, under a counter. Part A is darker, so that one is obvious. I put the Epson Salt in the Barqs bottle, because it’s different from the Jacks.

The Solo cup is marked to measure a 1 gal dose (and 1.5 and 2 gal dose). On feeding days I just shake up the bottles and measure out how much I need from each bottle, mix it in with the right amount of water, and start pouring.

I did the same thing last summer, but with higher concentrations and in gal milk jugs. My outdoor plants were drinking 5 gal of water every other day for maybe 3 mos. I tried different techniques. This was simple and fast. And I only have to measure out the nutes every other week or so.

Here they are today.

Tomorrow will be 21 days since they were flipped.

01/01

11 Likes

yoooooo!!! check out the leaf pictures of from 12/05. Did yours look like that?

I got tired of shaking gal jugs so here’s my mixing tools now lol

I’m mixing 6 gals at a time which is one feeding for the full tent. After feeding I mix another bucket and drop in a air stone till I need it 2 days later. Changing to an auto water/feed system hopefully real soon. dead leaves are because I slacked 1 day of watering :rofl::crazy_face::+1::v:

10 Likes

Your plants always look great! That’s a really good mixing idea for that volume of feeding.

3 Likes

Yep they looked exactly like that. Prior they were a nice darker green like they are now. Only feeding change I made was a tad less epsom 1gr per gal and reduced part A to 1.8grams and added 2 grams of mkp per gal

2 Likes

I got the same mixing tool :v:t4:

4 Likes

I did the same thing for a bit. I was making an aero cloner out of an 18 gal tub, and decided to turn it into a rez instead of a cloner. Since were moving in a few months, dont need to be taking clones. Heres what I got for now.

Green 18 gal tub is rez, i pump my days worth of drinks into the 5 gal and pump from there, to each plant via hose. Works well for me. I mix nutes about every 3 days. Instead of daily.

4 Likes

I’m glad you said that. 12/05 was about the time I was expecting the FFOF in the soil to be depleted. My plants started showing signs of deficiencies a day or two afterwards. I started using Jacks at that point (when I flipped to 12/12) and they just took off.

I’ll keep that in mind on my next grow. As soon as my plants start with those leaves/colors, I’ll start feeding them Jacks.

1 Like

I’m going to get a auto water/feeding system so I just need to keep the reservoir full lol. Check out Dripright Hydrolock. It’s the same one greengenes uses.

4 Likes

Checking it out now, i really really really need to sit down and watch greengene vids. Ive seen maybe two, everything else I know about greengene is from hear say, and i believe him to rock solid lol

2 Likes

Day 22 from flipping.

Time for a trim…

01/02

8 Likes

Your one week ahead of me Oly… I flipped on the 19th last month. Good stuff

6 Likes

After trim pics.

I cut off almost every leaf that had a stem to cut.

I left a few bottom/outside fan leaves because I still want a few solar panels to be active until the growth bounces back.

01/02

9 Likes

You now have cola trees…lol

6 Likes

The threads that I’m following (including yours) are giving me a much better idea of what to expect from an inside grow.

But I can’t wait to grow outside again.

Summer is coming. -Game Of Clones

6 Likes