Opinions on Mars Hydro 1000?

I am a newbie–about to purchase equipment for the first for inside grow. Have any of you heard of the Mars Hydro TS 1000W LED Grow Light+2’x2’ Indoor Tent Complete Kit? Mars Hydro TS 1000 LED Grow Light + 2.3'x2.3' Indoor Complete Tent Kits for sale,buy Mars Hydro TS 1000 LED Grow Light + 2.3'x2.3' Indoor Complete Tent Kits - Mars Hydro

I have limited space and budget and have no need for large yields (maybe 6 ounces a year) and have no gardening skills at all! Also, I am not handy so I cannot/won’t construct my own anything. I am lucky if I can assemble the equipment without screwing up.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

Update: I appreciate any help because I know very little (I’m reading a lot and watching vidoes!); however, at this point my main question is if this a good kit (good value, quality for the cheap price) or if you would suggest something else that is 2 x 2 kit! Thanks

3 Likes

The are a great light for a thinner housing my brother used them and and has had to replace a cppl dioeds but they still churn out a good bud I mean it’s not a HPS or Full Spectrum LED Grow Lights - California LightWorks
But they will do the job if you cant afford the others I do get coupons to if I can be of assistance

2 Likes

Consider Quantum Boards way better than the Mars (Budget Led.com) and you will not spend as much - what are you room size ? I used a Mars light but then switched to Budget Led and I am so glad, better yields, ect - they are dimminable and have UV (switchable)

3 Likes

Thanks for the response for the offer of the coupon.

Sorry I wasn’t clear when I attached that link–I am too unsure of what I am doing to buy individual parts right now. So my question is not about the light but about the kit (as the link goes to.)

So my question is if how people feel about that whole kit? (in other words, is that a quality tent and are those quality accessories (fan, lights, etc) for the price? Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Sorry I wasn’t clear when I attached that link–I am too unsure of what I am doing to buy individual parts right now.

So my question is not about the light but about the kit (as the link goes to.) I am not using a grow room. The link I attached was for the Mars Hydro TS 1000W LED Grow Light+2’x2’ Indoor Tent Complete Kits.I appreciate you are recommending a better light at a better price. I know me–I need to buy the whole kit at once or it won’t work for me.

So my question is if how people feel about that whole kit? (in other words, is that a quality tent and are those quality accessories (fan, lights, etc) for the price?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Have the same set up for same reasons. Going into my 3rd grow in 6 months because of these auto flowering strains.
It will pay for itself immediately.
My grow tent was paid for after I harvested the first ounce.
Get ready! This growing thing is fun as hell.

Stay Growing

6 Likes

Jimhigh–that’'s great news. Congrats! I am excited as well to get started.

1. I have had a couple people say online that as a newbie don’t start with autos. They are harder to have success with. However, most of what I read says autos are easier. Your thoughts?

2. Also, for a 2 x 2 tent how many plants in your first grow and about what was your yield? I assume it’s more than 1?

3. About how many weeks from seed to cured?

Thanks for your help! (If you have an online guru you use, please refer me–I need a lot of guidance of when to do what and how to do it!)

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum sike funny enough the t1000 is my next light I plan on purchasing I hear great things and seen them work great on some of the folks here’s grows and it can be used from seed to flower hope this helps

3 Likes

If I can grow them they must not be to hard. I am in Illinois where medical dope can cost 3-4 hundred dollars.
I am starting my 3rd grow in 6 months.
I am thinking about trying photos sometime; just not right now.
Will also tell you that I am still learning, so use the knowledge of the seasoned growers here.
The seed to harvest is going to vary. DO NOT GO BY what sellers say. I bought this strain called Maxigom that was supposed to be 60-65 days seed to harvest.
Was more like 75-80.

3 Likes

My yield on first grow was 5 and half ounces.- 3 plants.
Strain: LOWRYDER/Blueberry.

Second grow is drying, and I have one Maxigom that I just put to sleep.
Here is a picture of my babies for grow 3.
NL, Bubblegum, and my new favorite Blueberry.

3 Likes

I like using leafl.com for good strain info parentage thc% grow veg and flower time really easy to use also

3 Likes

That’s leaffly.com

2 Likes

Thank you @mouse935!
Now adding that one to my arsenal.

1 Like

Np Jim anytime there are so many helpful and knowledgeable people here so ask away

2 Likes

Thanks! I think I am sold on the light. It’s whether the whole kit is of quality–it looks like the tent is good (I saw two reviews on youtube). Now it’s a matter if the carbon, fan, etc. are not too cheap. So many of these kits cost so much more that I am suspicious when they are low price that it will break, fall apart, etc.

2 Likes

They have it on amazon for the kit light pulleys digital thermometer/ humidity for 149$

1 Like

Jim: I just moved to France in 2019 from Chicago–lived in Chicago over 40 yrs! Damn–I move and then weed is legal!

I will use the knowledge of this board but I am really slow to make decisions. And regularly–let’s say every time!–I go to a forum or to FB and read all the great tips, there are always opposite views. On everything! I know it’s not a perfect science. I just want one way to do it until I learn a bit on my own. For example, how much light, when to harvest, when to trim, how to germinate, blah, blah. Today I saw a “never do X” comment regarding light followed by someone else saying “always do X”–not even a variation in advice: It was an exact opposite.

So here’s the bottomline: I am going to use one source that looks reliable (there are some good things online that look legit such as indica university and grow weed easy–I have bookmarked many online books and sites). And then just stick to that. And when something doesn’t make sense or goes wrong I will ask this forum and others.

Just to clarify: You had three plants in a 2 x 2 tent (not the 2.3 they also sell). Is that right? Funny, someone told me I would have room for only one. What size pot did you use and do you have a rough idea of the height before harvest? (hope this isn’t too many questions! :grinning:

Thanks!

1 Like

One of my best friends nephews went to a dispensery over in Alton in IL. He makes real good money, so for him it was no bid deal. He brought my buddy a glass jar of Blue Dream…cost $80 a eighth. That’s $360 an ounce!

3 Likes

Funny you should mention that because I just heard about Blue Dream yesterday as a strain I should try to grow. (Sorry, if the world’s heard of it–I absolutely only know how to barely roll a joint and smoke it–don’t know much else.) I looked it up it’s heavier on the Sativa and I probably want to have more Indica. It also gets much taller than I have room for inside my tent.

Should I stay away from strains that are reported to go higher than my tent? Or can you trim the top off and not do any damage to the rest of the plant?

3 Likes

There are ways to control height. Topping/lst are popular but there are also nutritional options from what I’ve been reading. Don’t be put off of sativa if that’s your only concern.

3 Likes