Opinions on Mars Hydro 1000?

Hell you can tie it down on its side and the branches will grow straight up

3 Likes

Good luck on your grow this kit should work fine I’ve been growing in my coat closet for about 3 1/2 years now the biggest drawback I see is the height which is not a problem as long as you know the pot is a foot and the light can not be jammed tight to the top because it needs some breathing room so your plants will have to be no taller than three feet and for that I would suggest photo vs auto photo you control more and better candidate for topping fiming or lst I have grown plants that hit the light they were autos and my closet has a 8’ ceiling anyway good luck and in my little 30”x30” grow space I can get 12 oz dry quality bud out of one photo plant so your 6 oz goal should be easily achievable

3 Likes

Sparky–thanks for the support. Wow–12 oz from one plant seems great. Can you suggest a few strains I should start with just to feel some success my first few grows? They don’t have to have huge yields just “easy to grow” (whatever that means!) in your opinion. Also, in a 24" x 24" space, do you think I should only have one plant at a time?
Thanks!

1 Like

For my 30”x30” I can grow 2 photos or 3 autos I don’t top my autos I think white. Widow is a great first strain and a lot of people’s favorite I love it and it’s hearty and yields are very good I usually run autos in 3 gallon pots photos in 5 gallon if I only do one it’s in a 7 to ten gallon hope this helps

2 Likes

@sike I am in the 2x2 HydroMars.
First grow my 3 plants were in 5 gallon.
Second grow I tried 4 plants in the 3 gallon.
Now, that being said; I know there many here that would say it was to much.
I did pay close attention daily, and would rotate them every other day.
I am going to post some pics of the 2 grows, and you can see for yourself.
Then you can shoot some more ?’s.

I am a Lincoln Park kid. North Side through and through. Was fortunate enough to live the “American Dream” to work in sports media for a while. Blessed to cover some of the teams I grew up with.
Anyhow Chicago is really strange right now because of the Virus. But weed is legal! Recreational side gets taxed on the percentage of THC.
Capped at 30%.
Thank goodness for my card, and being able to LEGALLY grow 5 plants.
I might have exceeded my picture post because it is not letting me upload. I will post them ASAP.
Let me know if you need anything else.

1 Like

Autos aren’t necessarily more difficult to grow, the “problem” is that they’re on their own timeline, so if you have a problem, you don’t have the option of vegging longer to let the plant recover. This means for best results, you have to have your methods pretty well dialed in to give them the best possible conditions from the start.

I recommend starting with a strain/strains that are known for being easy to grow and seeing what you can find out about strain specific needs as far as nutrients and grow conditions.

3 Likes

@mudman–Thanks! Some seed sellers do list what they think is easier for beginners. So I will do that. Can you confirm I should go with an auto or not? Thanks!

1 Like

@Jimhigh66 Well, you can show me the photos and I have seen many photos but frankly I don’t know what I am looking for. (And my color blindness doesn’t help me see green well!) However, so if you do post, point out what looks good or bad!

When I moved to Chicago from Cleveland, I moved to Lincoln Park (1979). Fullerton at the park. Also Pinegrove and Belmont, Edgewater, Rogers Park (and went to Northwestern). Then the suburbs until 4 yrs ago when we moved to Streeterville (Grand and LSD). And in 2019 moved to France.

Glad you can grow legally- - -finally! I will probably buy the 2 x 2 Mars Hydro and will have more questions! Thanks for inviting me to ask more . . .

3 Likes

Yes - for one just starting out the kit will work just fine ----------- Go with it $329.00 is a very good price. you can produce great yields with that set-up

4 Likes

Auto vs photo depends partly on how you want to grow. I grow both. Photos for larger yields and the chance to play around with different training methods. Autos as a sort of stop gap between photo harvests.

With a single tent autos would let you grow perpetually if you choose to. With photos you’ll end up with some down time between harvest and sprouting your next round.

There are pros and cons to both, but it really just comes down to what fits your plans best.

3 Likes

Autos are manipulated genetics… regs are purest form but ways a chance of males… even fem seeds are manipulated i prefer regs but thats just me… I’ve tried all 3 regs autos and fems… regs have always produced more and stronger plants… Mars is legit so is spiderfarmer but hlg I think is top of the game

3 Likes

I’m in the last week off my first grow. The don’t like that my 2x2 tent is only 4ft the reason for that is if the light is 18in away say the pot is a ft tall that leaves less than 2ft for your plant to be tall. I’m going to get a 3x3 just so I have the extra height also makes it easier to get stuff in and out of your tent

2 Likes

I have a viivosun tent and its held up fine for about 5 yrs now

1 Like

That’s the brand I got no complaints other than the height

1 Like

I’m in a 2x2x4 bro… it works… I pull a QP every run

2 Likes

What do you do if it’s getting too tall and the light is too close to the plant? Thanks!

1 Like

@sike,
Belmont is not the Belmont you knew 19 years ago. The old recorded, head, and artist shops are almost all gone. Replaced with Target stores, Subways, and Starbucks.
I think you will be happy with your decision to go MarsHydro.
I have to ask if your color blindness will keep you from spotting problems with your plant if they change colors?

2 Likes

@Jimhigh66 Regarding my color blindness: It depends on the colors and the size of item. (The smaller it is, the less stimuli to my brain. So forget about me evaluating seed colors!) I will probably be able to see spots on a plant but will not be able to name the color unless it’s vastly different (like a yellow on a green leaf). They won’t jump out at me–I have to liook for them! However, if it’s just a yellow dot I wouldn’t know it from a white dot. If I have mold, I might not notice it until it’s too late! If there is a green leaf next to brown one and the only difference is color (not texture, etc.) then I can see there is a difference–just not know which is green. If they are all the same brown, I wouldn’t know! Fortunately I can get some help from my spouse–he’s got great color perception. I have been compensating my whole life so I will make it work (You don’t want me to do your produce shopping for you–I am not good at guessing what’s ripe.) This is probably a longer response then you wanted. :grinning:

4 Likes

We will be your eyes!!!

3 Likes

You don’t want tall and leggy my friend unless you are growing straight sativas that’s usually there identity depending on ur lever of training skills you have my friend wich can be tought as well I am actually showing a few people my methods of training I don’t jus loli pop , pinch , or tie off I try to recreate fibinachi the best I can thru bending to tapeing and tieing off to make certain bends in certain places to make any shape spiruls , bushes , forced kings , natural kings , splicing , anything that I really feel like

2 Likes