Opinions on Mars Hydro 1000?

@Slym3r Thanks for the offer! I will post photos.

Unfortunately, when it comes to buying anything significant over the past 40 yrs (cars, homes, furniture), I am neurotically slow. I do a lot of analysis before I pull the trigger. So this is all new to me and I am not sure when I will purchase the tent, soil, nutes, seeds (another tough decision!) let alone have photos to show you of my plants. So be patient . . .

Last time I posted that approach more than one person said “just do it,” “dive in,” “start and you’ll learn.” That’s not me. No need to offer that advice!

I can be spontaneous (when I travel, try new foods, go up to strangers, etc.) but never when it comes to spending money and doing something that supposed to last a while. (It took me two years to create my business website–not because I am a perfectionistic. Just slow to make decisions!) So I will read and analyze way more than I need to. I know me.

It won’t be a perfect journey–no learning is. I know there will be seeds that won’t germinate and grows that will be bad and strains that are “meh” etc.

Can I hire any of you to be my pot pal? mary mentor? grass guru? weed wizard? Some thing that makes me make decisions is one person giving me no options! “Just do this step, then this step then this step” Thanks!

2 Likes

This is your site. Not one of us has all the answers. We are like a family here and will always help guide you in the right direction.

Remember if whoever helping you isn’t asking the correct questions, you might get lead astray.

Post up any of your finds here and we will go over it with you. Also many here will offer up goodies for your grow.

Any questions, just ask. No question is dumb. We are here for you.

3 Likes

@Slym3r Fantastic–thanks for your support! I appreciate that you are here for me. In fact, I am going to start a discussion regarding another issue and am glad you and the family can help me.

1 Like

Try to maintain your threads as one. These site don’t erase like fakebook. They just keep coming back to the top of the piles. Lol. It gets messy.

What I’d do is start your sike journal for all your grow stuff. If its a topic that is in general for us all then a new thread definitely.

2 Likes

I have to agree with @Slym3r. Where you are will be your greatest asset.
I think it is time for you to get growing! Purchase that kit! Get some seeds from @automatik, and get to poppin’
You will be amazed at the seasoned growers here. Most helped me on another site step by step on my first grow. I left that site however in the @peanuthead Seed Riots of 2020.
You will be amazed at what you learn, and how quickly.

3 Likes

I use marshrydro ts3000 in one on my rooms… The plants seem to really like the spectrum. Mars hydro is a very good budget light. I would buy others.

1 Like

You don’t need to hire anyone. We will almost help you. I will drop seeds with you and help you in anyway needed. But I grow very low tech and easy. No checking your PH and PPM’s all the time. Follow me and others don’t wait if it is truly what you want to do. Peace

4 Likes

@automatik Thanks for offer. Now, you might regret because I am so new I don’t understand a lot of basic things!

3 Likes

I have 2 ts 1000s, they are mixed in with two 1200 equivalent bestva LEDs, the 4 light draw about the same power as my 1000 watt hps, a hair more, and they preform slightly better. My opinion on them is that they are a good light especially for the money.

1 Like