Organic Home Grown

ph of my tap water is 7… filtered is also 7, but no chemicals e.g. chlorine, chloramine etc…no heavy metals are present. I test with Apera instruments when needed. She’s been good with the water since she was born. it hasn’t changed. I will do that with the pic at the end. what should I be looking for?

6 Likes

Look for white colored roots and a good root mass.

@budfarmer Roots from a different grow prior to changing nutrients. It did produce a good yield however the above picture produced the better yield.
roots

8 Likes

Well that is strange @nacho151 my 67 controller let’s me change setting via the software. Via Bluetooth.

And no matter which one you have the 67 or 69 the simple fact is you cannot control both temp and humidity, you have to pick one or the other as any setting reached will trigger the device plugged into that port. It doesn’t control environmental modifiers like Humidifiers/dehumidifiers AC/heat etc. so you have to pick which parameter is the most important to you temp or humidity. When cycling the exhaust/circ fans on or off only one parameter can be met.

Marty

6 Likes

I haven’t used the Controller 67 since I got the Controller 69, so I wasn’t sure if the setting could be set the same way in the controls. I was messing with a spare 69 setting it up when I found out it can be done in the app. It’s good to know that it can be adjusted through the app too. I usually recommend the 67 if a person is just using it for an exhaust fan and doesn’t plan on using it with their circulation fans or lights because it costs $20 less.

3 Likes

@budfarmer how is your plant doing this morning? I’m hoping it perked up or at least showing signs it is! Yesterday I forgot to ask if you are top watering it.

4 Likes

Yes, I do top water, but in organic soil I never water until runoff. Im trying to keep away from synthetic nutes! Actually, seeing some leaves have perked up a bit.

5 Likes

Called AC Infinity and they don’t have an adapter for my Black Dog light:(, on the other side my 69 controller will be here tomorrow.

6 Likes

@dequilo @mrwonderful @MrMonkey420 @chrisj @sssportsmfg @slym3r @sdoyle @juliomagno @nacho151
so a few hrs ago I checked my girls and this is what I found. Is it the humidity in the tent the blame?

9 Likes

Im just gonna throw out a guess here and say it looks like a little too much nitrogen. Let em’ dry out and flush them with pure water with some innoculant in it. (Recharge/Billions) Regular not purple light with a photo of it would be better too.

Marty

8 Likes

I’m thinking if it wasn’t moist until 2 inches down yesterday, it might need some water, if you lift the bag up and it’s light, give it some water.

8 Likes

Yeah mate, is it light, is the soil dry? Or is it heavy, does the soil stick to your fingers when you put em in? If wet, wait longer, if dry, give some straight ph’ed water, for 2 - 3 waterings.
Keep temp around 70 and RH around 60.

6 Likes

@MrMonkey420 @nacho151 @sssportsmfg
Here’s what I did, the pot was lIght, gave 3 cups ph’d water no runoff. I put the fan on it to help dry it up abit yesterday. Took the fan offline. Sorry about the last pic. Im hoping these look better.

Day 42 going into 4th week of flower

9 Likes

Alright let’s bring her back to life mate, if she’s dry, give her about 0.25 gal each watering considering she’s in a 5 gal pot. You want to give her 5% - 10% of the soil volume.
Wait for every watering till the soil has dried up again, but not bone dry. Lift the pot, feel the weight difference.
@TheMadFlascher can hook you up with a decent soil humidity meter as well.

Edit: I can see she’s in a living area, open like that, do you make sure when it’s her dark, she gets real dark, and no light leaks / false light from ambient lighting?

9 Likes

Yeah I was gonna get the 69 for two reasons that’s the year I graduated trade school, and I like toys lol! But I have no reason to turn my infinity cicurlation fans up and down and don’t have their lights either, and just like the black dog my new Luxx 860 won’t work with it either. I was gonna get the Luxx controller but it’s just too pricy these things are simple and cheap to make.

Marty

9 Likes

she goes into a grow tent, no worries there, and as for dark period its all dark.no ambient light gets in.

9 Likes

@nacho151 @MrMonkey420 @sssportsmfg @chrisj
Here’s what I found out today…The telltale signs of nitrogen toxicity is too dark green leaves, as well as a claw like look. But flowering plants might have enough energy to use the nitrogen hence producing smaller buds. A carbon based feeding of sugar water will help from what I’ve been reading.I;m hoping she uses it all up in the next week.

8 Likes

Is the plant doing better today or is it still droopy?

6 Likes

She’s doing better, but I did my research and this nitrogen toxicity gets my vote for sure. Im gonna water her again in a few days with sugar water.

7 Likes

@nacho151
A leaf that broke off yesterday…

This wa at the bottom of plant. This sent me on my search to find out why the leaf was such a deep green.

7 Likes

Never tried sugar water, but Recharge works, RO water Recharge and then PH your water to 6.2

Marty

6 Likes